• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Liam Ridgewell Signs

Am I missing something.... you're all raving about a new Centre back who's the same age as Turner who many on here spent all last season abusing as 'past it.' ?

I was initially concerned on Ridgewell- but on a little more research:

1. He is 35 but that was literally one week ago
2. Although onl7 7 games for Hull they were second half of season and he was otherwise on the bench in all games bar one
3. He played 13 games (every game) for Portland as they went all the way to the MLS final.

So looks like he had no injury issues last year and played a reasonable number of games

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-ridgewell/leistungsdaten/spieler/4070

Of course with Kiernan, Shaunnessy, Lennon , White as well we have the strongest CB squad I can remember but will be interesting too see how they all get a game- or maybe indeed a 352 is where KB would like two go

Am I missing something.... you're all raving about a new Centre back who's the same age as Turner who many on here spent all last season abusing as 'past it.' ?

Turner was goo first season and came to us having not been playing. Ridgewell has been playing and fit- so i think less of a concern.

Think ridgewell is more mobile than Turner and can play a bit on the deck - I’m really pleased with this signing .
Our strongest 11 looks very strong and capable of surprising a few people this season .

Actually, I saw Ridgewell play last season.
He and Hull keeper David Marshall were by far the worst on the pitch in a March 2-2 draw with hapless QPR, who came from 2-0 down to claim a point.
OK, so one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I hope he's going to improve on that performance.

Assuming the amount of CB’s and lack of out and out wingers, well prefer wingbacks and have wide players on the bench to shuffle it up after an hour if needs be

Never heard of him!

Really,Phil?...great news for you then—he’s another ex-Baggie.!Every single one in recent years has been an excellent player! I give you,with my rating out of 10:
Luke Daniels. 8
Dave Worrall. 7.5
Tamika Mkwandire. 9
Sam Mantom. 8.5
Simon Cox. 9.5

It also appears he runs a rather interesting business on his social media accounts...

I'm going for running a dog grooming salon. Got to think of retirement round the corner and dogs hair doesn't stop growing. Kerching!

Think he means, hes a dogger

I honestly cant see that he will first choice in the back 3/4, but his experience may be invaluable if we suffer injuries. Hopefully Lennon will have an injury fee season but he has had some terrible luck on the injury front in seasons gone by, and Kiernan.....well he did great towards the end of last season but who can say. If both of those get clattered then Ridgewell as cover may make a lot of sense.

Back