• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-4 AFC Wimbledon

The only positive from today was the ex player curse (especially Wordsworth) didn't occur today.
Thank the lord for small mercies!
I'm going to assume that tongue of yours is firmly stuck in your mouth like a Rebellion Extinctionist to a lamp post!

Just watched the highlights Kiernan pretty culpable for all 4 goals. The first was a shambles. Lennon turns as slowly as the Queen Mary and Oxley could have done better.

As a home heavy defeat goes I quite enjoyed that and saw a few signs that there may be a team struggling to come together from a morass of inept management, guidance and planning.
Coxy is a good captain and handled a few confrontational moments well, he worked hard as an example in the 85th minute he tracked back and cleared in our box.
Macca, gave 100%, Elvis was dangerous for much of the game.
The midfield was better than has been (first 10 minutes excluded) with Hammy, Hutch and Tim closing down and tackling robustly.
The negatives? Ralph was indifferent, Goodship fleeting moments, but Shaunsheep was not good, Kiernon gave stupid pen away that crushed us for 20 minutes.
Ox made some great blocks but poor at corners or organising.
Tom Hop made some strong hold ups,won some headers but game was gone by then.
Demi got some game time and may be a better left back option?
Ref was okay.
Wombles fans did well for their lads.

Get Sol or Adam in to sort the defence and give some touchline leadership AND maybe the fat lady hasn't sung or the executioner started swinging his axe.

I’ll have five pints of what you’re drinking please.

My first game of the season and I already have a ticket for the Doncaster game, well at least it’s a Tuesday night game:Clap::Thumbs up:

I know get the players to work 12 hours a day for a week in a care home cleaning bums im sure they will improve very quickly

And the prize for half glass full goes to.......
What did you expect today? the manager hasn't changed, the same players were out there? Okay there was some very poor defending from the whole team that shook them to the core with going two down so badly. And the needless pen killed us.
AND these are the same players for the rest of the year SO they (and we) need to man up and pick the bones out of it, build on what we can and learn from the lessons.
AND it appeared that most did learn that they needed to challenge, chase and harry- but not all did.
The centre back pairing and Ralph is wrong, Ox can stop a shot but not handle high balls.
If we can sort some of that out then we may turn a corner (metaphorically) as well as defend one!

Or we can sulk and mope about it; because that helps?..

Personally I think you should all try and find the silver lining in this mess.

I’ve been saying for weeks how easy it is, to win money from this shambles.

Today was no exception....

EFCF38CE-F99B-4F2D-97D9-0201AB78A6CB.jpeg

Spot on. The first ten minutes was absolutely embarrassing, but we were the better team for the rest of the half. Second half, appalling.
What's the score with Humphries? He was sorely missed today. And why was Elvis, who throughout was our only player who looked remotely likely to hurt them, subbed?

Hump was in the db with the crocks,
The game was gone when Elvis (good game!) got subbed which may have been to get Demi some match time for next game. Elvis knew he had done well,

What did you expect today? the manager hasn't changed, the same players were out there? Okay there was some very poor defending from the whole team that shook them to the core with going two down so badly. And the needless pen killed us.
AND these are the same players for the rest of the year SO they (and we) need to man up and pick the bones out of it, build on what we can and learn from the lessons.
AND it appeared that most did learn that they needed to challenge, chase and harry- but not all did.
The centre back pairing and Ralph is wrong, Ox can stop a shot but not handle high balls.
If we can sort some of that out then we may turn a corner (metaphorically) as well as defend one!

Or we can sulk and mope about it; because that helps?..
It is not a question of sulking and moping. I just find it hard to find positives after handing YET ANOTHER team their first away win of the season without barely breaking sweat.
What did I expect? Just to remind you we were playing a side who before last week were winless this season.
And that old chestnut "learn from the lessons". Well, 12 games in and 4 points. We don't seem to be learning too quickly do we?
And one other thing, it might help if the players were more honest with themselves and with the club with regard to illness and injury.
I'm afraid it doesn't wash with me.
When exactly did Mantom and Humphrys get injured? Hyam too?
I bet your bottom dollar if we were vying for a top two position, these mysterious illnesses and injuries would soon disappear.

Back