• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nathan Ralph and his last two-and-a-bit seasons

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
I feel for our left-back.
Relegated with Woking in 2018, when it looked as if they might save themselves at the very last.
And relegated again last season, but this time all the more emphatically with Dundee.
He's got used to struggling - and that ain't good.
I wonder if his mindset is one of the reasons we've yet to see the best of him?

Relegated with Woking in 2018, when it looked as if they might save themselves at the very last.
And relegated again last season, but this time all the more emphatically with Dundee.

Thought he was good yesterday, at least attacking wise

Involved in some of our best football yesterday. His crossing was better than Elvis or McL. The nice move that ended with him firing across the 6yd box should have been finished by Goodship......Shame he didn't fancy it.

Exactly.

Good going forward but hopeless defensively.
A quick glace at a common definition of hopeless shows 'very bad or incompetent'. I had a pretty reasonable view of him in the first half and he got in some pretty useful defensive tackles, jockeyed players to the byeline and also did well in the air considering his height. As I recall Sam Hart received some constructive criticism of a similar vein when he first joined us but ended up as a competent defender by the end of the season in my view. I know we are in dire straights at the moment but maybe we need to cut folk like Rolph a little slack.

A quick glace at a common definition of hopeless shows 'very bad or incompetent'. I had a pretty reasonable view of him in the first half and he got in some pretty useful defensive tackles, jockeyed players to the byeline and also did well in the air considering his height. As I recall Sam Hart received some constructive criticism of a similar vein when he first joined us but ended up as a competent defender by the end of the season in my view. I know we are in dire straights at the moment but maybe we need to cut folk like Rolph a little slack.
Indeed, I have.
As said: 'I feel for him'. I wondered whether the slings and arrows of two years losing almost non-stop has made him less than he obviously is?
I think he has the making of a fine player.

Would do well as a wing back in a 3 5 2 but that would mean having 3 decent centre backs when we can't even muster one!

Absolute pinpoint cross for Dieng's goal, which makes it all the more frustrating that he is so poor defensively.

Has anyone seen him do any of that this season?
Is that his agent?
If so, they should learn to spell left 'backs' for a start.
I saw him at Woking and he was pretty good. But Dundee?
They won five out of 38 league games last season, and finished with a -47 goal difference.
I'm not saying that was entirely down to him, but it must have taken its toll.

It could just be because he’s **** and out of his depth like all of bonds signings

For me far from the worst player in the side, decent on the ball but lacks discipline at times and a bit rash with his tackling but one of the few I'd be looking to keep.
The fact he's had 2 relegations in 2 years though would have put me off signing him though and maybe highlights the lack of due diligence on potential signings.
The team is mentally weak anyway and we should be identifying players that have promotions on CVs with a winning mentality.

Ralph is high on energy and effort which endears him to fans. Defensively he's not that solid, and his positioning isn't great though. If we're trying to tighten up at the back, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kyprianou get game time soon.

Ralph is high on energy and effort which endears him to fans. Defensively he's not that solid, and his positioning isn't great though. If we're trying to tighten up at the back, it wouldn't surprise me to see Kyprianou get game time soon.

At Centre half hopefully!

Back