• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't going to stay up so signing permanent players with the aim of building a decent league 2 side , is the only practical option I see ...

Throwing money at loan players is just a waste of money in my opinion.

It's like decorating your rented flat after getting your eviction notice.

We aren't going to stay up so signing permanent players with the aim of building a decent league 2 side , is the only practical option I see ...

It's like decorating your rented flat after getting your eviction notice.
You will not get any permanent signing s in Jan
It's always been mainly loans ,players would rather wait until end of season

Ndukwu has already gone, so not sure whats going on there .

Ridgewell.... Is he still under contract?...Is he still getting paid? I was told ages ago it had been cancelled but who knows.

As for another couple of names they are under contract and nobody can force them anywhere. Remember Theo refused Col U the first time but it worked out ok for all concerned.

If staff aren't being paid and considering our 9 points then i have no doubt what so ever plans have changed from 2 months ago and may well change by the day in January.

We are Southend united from the day you went through your first ever turnstyle you signed up for life....Nobody said it was going to be an afternoon tea dance at the Ritz.

If people are not being paid then we need to look at saleable assets. If we think we are going down then we need to be realistic on who will play in league 2, speak t players and make decisions and then seek those that have a value that do not want to play in league 2. SOl has been through this before, the not being paid thing, with Macclesfield, will he walk away or will he stay, maybe not this season but at the end of it?

the pay issues does make things harder, hopefully Ron will sort.

But player wise we really do need to look at things realistically and think we need to look to next season and act accordingly.

Wishful thinking that Hamilton and Ndukwu no longer being here frees up some wages?

It's like decorating your rented flat after getting your eviction notice

Unless of course your trying to cover up the reason you have been evicted.....Being a landlord isn't as easy at it looks.

That aside, what if the loans are free ? Plus you get far bigger range of colours in the summer range.

is there any confirmation that the players and staff haven't been paid? theres been a lot of mentions on here but nothing definite

is there any confirmation that the players and staff haven't been paid? theres been a lot of mentions on here but nothing definite
I cant confirm that the players haven't been paid but I can confirm that the matchday staff and at least some of the youth setup have not been paid.

Well a few people in the know seem to think that the players haven't been paid for December. Given the lack of home games lately it would tie in.

I just hope we aren't heading back to the dark days per Sturrock of non payment.

I can confirm some of the players have not been paid, whether you wish to believe this or not the choice is yours, but I know some have not as of today
UTS

Perhaps some of those posters who seem resigned to writing off this season to concentrate on rebuilding in the summer for next season might reflect there may not be a 'next season' if things are as bad financially as some are now claiming. It would be very easy to envisage the club doing a 'Bury' the way things are going. I sincerely hope not, but the signs are not good.

Oh dear. Our future looks bleak.........

But then it has several times over the past twenty years, so let's hope that we scrape through again....

Perhaps some of those posters who seem resigned to writing off this season to concentrate on rebuilding in the summer for next season might reflect there may not be a 'next season' if things are as bad financially as some are now claiming. It would be very easy to envisage the club doing a 'Bury' the way things are going. I sincerely hope not, but the signs are not good.

If true, this could be a get out of jail card for Sol, he could easily walk away from the club/contract with his head held high & with valid excuses

Or will he go down with his ship!

Not really. It's a different situation entirely. Bury was fleeced by 2 very bad men, putting them under. Ron Martin's pot of gold is inter linked with SUFC. I'm told that the Roots Hall development and Fossetts has never been closer to happening. Ron Martin and his companies have lost Millions already. He wants his money back...and some. He will not let SUFC go out of business whilst the pot of gold has never been nearer.

Last edited:
If we do that I fear for our league status.

We'd be relying on am almost total rebuild in the summer. The team would not be settled, we'd more than likely have a poor first season.

Blooding the youngsters in too early and in a team who are losing every week could actually hamper their progress. E.g. Already Bishops confidence is shot to pieces. I'm not sure he will ever recover.

To me we need to start building for next season now!

On reflection you are probably right with regards to the kids, but who decent will come to us now? We are almost a week into January and no news.

Hey maybe a light style rebuild would do us good again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back