• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. It's a different situation entirely. Bury was fleeced by 2 very bad men, putting them under. Ron Martin's pot of gold is inter linked with SUFC. I'm told that the Roots Hall development and Fossetts has never been closer to happening. Ron Martin and his companies have lost Millions already. He wants his money back...and some. He will not let SUFC go out of business whilst the pot of gold has never been nearer.
Trouble is it's a perfect storm at the moment... Everything that could go wrong has. Ron obviously took his eye off the ball playing wise and the drop in income this season has been disastrous and not forseen. Can he survive with hardly any income coming in?

If the club have financial troubles then it explains the interest in Larsen as manager as that group were bringing investment I think

I heard Henrik has some connections with the MD of Ikea and they were willing to invest the value of the club currently and Ron was happy with that, but then they told him he would have to put the wardrobe up himself he pulled out

And look what good hes been ,was seen in kfc with his mum filling his fat face after the wimbledon game

Played most of the game IIRC? Footballers frequently get fast carbs on board after a full game. Not uncommon for teams to get pizzas on the team coach home.

Not really. It's a different situation entirely. Bury was fleeced by 2 very bad men, putting them under. Ron Martin's pot of gold is inter linked with SUFC. I'm told that the Roots Hall development and Fossetts has never been closer to happening. Ron Martin and his companies have lost Millions already. He wants his money back...and some. He will not let SUFC go out of business whilst the pot of gold has never been nearer.

Yet still no nearer a date in front of the planning committee. I have long stopped believing his bluster and if it is true players and staff are not being paid, it is clear we have gone nowhere in almost exactlt ten years.

Back to transfers, Sol has commented on the probable use of the loan market. I wonder how much he personally gets involved in selection of recruits.
Some loanees are doing very well for their clubs especially in the top 10 and beyond where they are seen as starlets!

Our recent track record on loanees.......

Hamilton, Ndukwa, Bunn, Hart, Moore, Mc Coulsky, Ladapo, Harrison, Innis , Amos, Hines, Nouble, King, Malarczyk, Moussa, Mc Queen, Barnett, Loza, Pigott, O Neill Coulthirst, Cassidy

Apart from a few, I would call that a C minus

Back to transfers, Sol has commented on the probable use of the loan market. I wonder how much he personally gets involved in selection of recruits.
Some loanees are doing very well for their clubs especially in the top 10 and beyond where they are seen as starlets!

Hamilton, Ndukwa, Bunn, Hart, Moore, Mc Coulsky, Ladapo, Harrison, Innis , Amos, Hines, Nouble, King, Malarczyk, Moussa, Mc Queen, Barnett, Loza, Pigott, O Neill Coulthirst, Cassidy

If only our mangers and Ron would agree to guarantee PL loans a start, to the detriment to our own academy players. Then we could have better quality loanees.

We could be fielding 5 a game. Its that what you would prefer?.....By the ways some of those names on your list were actually signed. Don't forget to add people like Thompson and McL

Whilst you do have a point about loanees, and its a reasonable post you have to be more thorough with your research so i will call it a C minus.

My take below. I would say 4 successful out of 21 is not worthy of a C. More Like a D-

Hamilton - Narrow Miss
Ndukwa - Big Miss
Bunn - Ok
Hart - Hit
Moore - Hit
McCoulsky - Big Miss
Ladapo - Big Miss
Harrison - Big Miss
Innis - Ok
Amos - Big Miss
Nouble - Miss
King - Miss
Malarczyk - Big Miss
Moussa - Miss
McQueen - Ok
Barnett - Hit
Loza - Miss
Pigott - Hit
O’Neill - Ok
Coulthirst - Narrow Miss
Cassidy - Narrow Miss

Not a player transfer, but an interesting item in The FL paper on Olly being appointed to manage Grimsby. It seems he has made an investment of £100k of his own money after being appointed and their chairman has stated they will move to a new ground, 20,000 all seater, whether they get taken over or not. Let's see if they are yet another club to play in a new stadium, announced, started and completed since we announced and got planning permission 12 or so years ago.......

Not a player transfer, but an interesting item in The FL paper on Olly being appointed to manage Grimsby. It seems he has made an investment of £100k of his own money after being appointed and their chairman has stated they will move to a new ground, 20,000 all seater, whether they get taken over or not. Let's see if they are yet another club to play in a new stadium, announced, started and completed since we announced and got planning permission 12 or so years ago.......

I have a Grimsby supporting mate and yep their new ground is far closer than ours is and will be done way sooner IMO (not saying much I know). Think it’s all signed and sealed already as far as I’ve heard, just their takeover is dragging ATM. Bigger fanbase than ours to be honest and a lot of potential. Think Holloway will be a success there.

I have a Grimsby supporting mate and yep their new ground is far closer than ours is and will be done way sooner IMO (not saying much I know). Think it’s all signed and sealed already as far as I’ve heard, just their takeover is dragging ATM. Bigger fanbase than ours to be honest and a lot of potential. Think Holloway will be a success there.
Grimsby is a fairly deprived area, planning for anything is likely to be favoured (as it is very rarely going to make the area worse). Property and land prices are half of S.E. Essex. The old ground is worse (3 sides anyway) than The Hall and is on good housing area brown field.
GTFC are long way from having big club neighbours (Hull?) and ought to be rivals for Lincoln City.

I live fairly nearby and work with quite a lot on Grimsby fans and they've been waiting for a new ground for decades and have had several false dawns at different locations in the area so it's not been simple for them either. The new ground will be off of Freeman street,calling it a deprived area would be kind, no doubt the council jumped at the chance to have a bit of regeneration to an area even the vape shops and tanning beds have long deserted. Land is pretty cheap up here as well due to the fishing industry collapsing although there are some very large well paying employers in the area in the chemical industry and potentially in renewables.

I live fairly nearby and work with quite a lot on Grimsby fans and they've been waiting for a new ground for decades and have had several false dawns at different locations in the area so it's not been simple for them either. The new ground will be off of Freeman street,calling it a deprived area would be kind, no doubt the council jumped at the chance to have a bit of regeneration to an area even the vape shops and tanning beds have long deserted. Land is pretty cheap up here as well due to the fishing industry collapsing although there are some very large well paying employers in the area in the chemical industry and potentially in renewables.
Yeah, it mentioned the location in the article, l don't want to reproduce, copyright and all that, but it was really interesting to read. Obviously the land value is a huge difference, and one reason why RM will want to follow this through until the bitter end, whatever that is, due to the potential profit....... If anything gets competed this century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back