• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not being paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl probably never went to an sufc match before SC came here, and will never come again after hes gone ... her opinions are irrelevant.

"everyone who has not been paid will be today",

Well we will know for sure if it's another RM story, as I am sure somebody on here will let us know tomorrow if there are still some outstanding wages.

Last edited:
I know but she probably thinks she is just in someway be supportive of her partner, and maybe he doesn't feel he wants to ask her not to comment, maybe he doesn't care, maybe he doesn't notice or maybe he shrugs and thinks well done- just noise- but calling your husbands boss clueless on social media is just foolish and self harming.

Least of our problems however.
yep the least of them and agree re its not wise calling out the manager.

However I do love the blind love of SH and scapegoatism of SC, me I have no cross to burn with either or love to give for either, I support whoever pulls the top on, I just find it funny

Oh dear. If I were him I would be asking her please don't.. its such a foolhardy thing to do I can only assume know that he is on his way and it doesn't matter. Maybe she's miffed with the fact he having to move on/move away/travel - I don't know. Only thing I can think of that explain it.
View attachment 10647Again liked by Mantha B

Sadly, I genuinely believe signing players now on perm deals and paying fees could be a terrible idea. Half a season in a team who are going to get relegated, downhearted in a team that most will be shipped off at the end of the season, in a negative environment won't be good for team morale.

Anyone who has played a team sport. The vibe continues until it is turned around.

Sadly, I genuinely believe signing players now on perm deals and paying fees could be a terrible idea. Half a season in a team who are going to get relegated, downhearted in a team that most will be shipped off at the end of the season, in a negative environment won't be good for team morale.

Anyone who has played a team sport. The vibe continues until it is turned around.

Depends where they are coming from. If you were at a modest L2 club and bought into the long term not just the next 6 months struggle you might well. You are in L2 now, you get half a season in L1 (who knows a miracle might happen and you are in L1 next) otherwise you are in L2 with a club that can get gates of 6/7/8k, where you are now gets 2k, and at a club you think likely will be in the promotion mix. We need to judge that as and when (or if) it happens I guess.

Would be interesting to hear from Barrett, McCormack, Tilston etc how Ron played this out last time... Unfortunately don't think AB or ST could but there must some former players out there who might like to inform us how Ron like to play this game.

I wouldn't worry, we're not going to sign anyone this window.

According to CP on Twitter Stewards have been paid and players due to have a meeting with Ron today

According to CP on Twitter Stewards have been paid and players due to have a meeting with Ron today
Assuming the players have now been paid, what are they having a meeting about? Was it not the stewards who were threatening to strike? Sorry if this has been covered, playing catch up

EDIT: don't worry, literally just seen a tweet saying the players will be paid today. What a sorry state this is. And before a game where we should be paying tribute to an ex captain

Ron: "We’ve won one in 24, there’s been no cup games and people don’t spend money or support the club. Sponsorship changes and it’s not difficult to be £150,000 down on the club’s budget. I’ll always be supportive and I’ll be at the club for a long time to come."

Ron: "I heard nothing about the players proposing to strike. Why would they? The truth is the club’s budget would have been met if they had been more successful on the field. The fact I’m having to replenish the investment is a result of poor performance."

Ron: "I heard nothing about the players proposing to strike. Why would they? The truth is the club’s budget would have been met if they had been more successful on the field. The fact I’m having to replenish the investment is a result of poor performance."

Regardless of what you think of Ron, it's difficult to disagree with that statement

It appears that matchday staff have been paid today. I will also say that there was never talk of a stewards strike as far as I know, although saying that some stewards might have just not turned up.

Ron: "We’ve won one in 24, there’s been no cup games and people don’t spend money or support the club. Sponsorship changes and it’s not difficult to be £150,000 down on the club’s budget. I’ll always be supportive and I’ll be at the club for a long time to come."

The **** does that mean? What, so because not many people bought that pathetic home training top or the "bespoke" away one which looks like a toasty has been slapped on the front of it it's our fault? **** off mate

When the owner has the attitude of its no big deal if players don’t get paid then it’s hardly surprising that said players have a no big deal if we lose attitude. You reap what you sow.

'people don’t spend money or support the club '

The only other possible way he may have meant this was if there are no home games happening then no one is there supporting the club and spending money.

Just giving him the benefit of the doubt here of course. I think sometime he says things without clearly getting his message across.

Either that or he really does think what it looks like he is saying !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back