• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper sold

Do we have a relegation release clause for our season tickets?

If the club has thrown the towel in now when we have started to get some form why should we bother for the rest of the season, absolutely pointless!!!!

I have been supporting Southend for many years and have tried to remain positive watching the worst performances ever at the beginning of this season. Now that we have seemed to be starting to turn the corner we get the news that not only have we lost Cox, but now Humphries and Hopper as well.

Absolute joke of a club and a very poor way to treat supporters who have been paying for the most expensive season tickets in the division for crap low quality football, I am furious.

And Ron's pathetic recent interviews bul l s hitting us that improvements are on the way.....guess what Cox Hopper and Humps are dust......and they were our 3 bits of quality.....wowww takes some believing!

I actually thought Saturday's result with a couple of decent signings and Barratt back would pull us up the table.
So now i have just cancelled the transaction to buy the next home game ticket.......thanks Ron you big deceiving liar!

This is what we need. Clear out. Rebuild for our title assault next year. Although hops is one you don't want to see go. How fantastic will it be when kelman finished the season on 21 goals, we stay up and are paying a nice chunk less on wages than before hand.

In sol and ron we trust.

Short term pain long term gain baby

The first bit makes zero sense. Just don't buy one. Unless you were trying to be funny. In which case try harder.
I was talking about the remaining games for THIS season!!!!

For any other products/services you purchase, you usually get a refund for faulty goods especially when the supplier advises you they are faulty and are likely to fail. I still believe if we were to keep Hopper and Humphries and get a few players in as promised we could stay up.

Hopefully Hopper will not go to Lincoln because there is no guarantee that they wont be playing league 2 football next year.

If he has a relegation clause then surely it woyld be stupid not to sell him!! Ron obviously had a decent offer and we can use the money to invest in a new striker to help us with this campaign and next! Lets be honest he hasnt been the same player as the one before he had the injury! Ive said all along we are where we are because of all these current players along with tom! Although tom was our best striker before injury hes not been scoring of late and is replaceable!! We need fresh faces at the club and sols players!! Good luck too tom was a top striker before the injury!!

I was talking about the remaining games for THIS season!!!!

For any other products/services you purchase, you usually get a refund for faulty goods especially when the supplier advises you they are faulty and are likely to fail. I still believe if we were to keep Hopper and Humphries and get a few players in as promised we could stay up.

Hopefully Hopper will not go to Lincoln because there is no guarantee that they wont be playing league 2 football next year.
Nope. The signings we would make wouldn’t get close to keeping us up. I’ve no problem with us offloading players for fees, as we won’t get as much in league 2 (if any).

If he has a relegation clause then surely it woyld be stupid not to sell him!! Ron obviously had a decent offer and we can use the money to invest in a new striker to help us with this campaign and next! Lets be honest he hasnt been the same player as the one before he had the injury! Ive said all along we are where we are because of all these current players along with tom! Although tom was our best striker before injury hes not been scoring of late and is replaceable!! We need fresh faces at the club and sols players!! Good luck too tom was a top striker before the injury!!

What constitutes a decent offer for a player who spent a season injured and has only 5 this season.

Maybe 100k tops. Pocket change and much less than the certain relegation selling players will bring.

Also, lols at the idea that money gained from offloading Hops will go towards a replacement.

Disappointed with this news.
One of our better players
We all know we are staring League 2 in the face but we are not down yet and by selling out best players it leaves us with very little hope.

Lincoln are on 37 points probably only need 8 more points and they are safe from relegation.
Think they are the top form team at the moment.

Unless I misread it and you think we might not go down?

This is an outrage

How far we have fallen, that we can possibly sell our star player to a rival club - especially Lincoln

Ron out!!!

Well this hasn’t shocked me one bit. Hopper is a cut above most of these players, he’s one of the ones I was expecting to go. Just hope we get a few dollars for him. Sad .. as if he hadn’t got crocked last year I reckon we might’ve comfortably stayed up, he was that important.
We’re pretty much doomed to relegation .. think that’s starting to sink in now with a few ..

What constitutes a decent offer for a player who spent a season injured and has only 5 this season.

Maybe 100k tops. Pocket change and much less than the certain relegation selling players will bring.
Rons not stupid!! He knows tom can be decent!! And knows his worth! More like 175-200k

Back