• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tom Hopper sold

The only surprise here is it’s taken till 20th...i expect it will be hump next...and then anyone who offers us more than a tenner for a player.
oh and to buck the trend...I will renew my season ticket even if the price rises....no one thought this would be easy and fun right?

Think we’d have to pay people more than a tenner to take some of them off our hands.

I don’t understand how multiple people mention the relegation clause, yet others STILL go off on one about selling. It’s a fairly easy to take decision IMHO.

We want to hit the ground running in Division 2 next season so far better to get things sorted between now and the end of this season.

Disappointing of course however people complain we are a shambles when we can’t pay salaries. If this is what it takes to keep us alive, even if in League 2 then I’ll take it.

Precisely.

The only way to “fix” this current “problem” would be to throw money at it. Which of course, we don’t have. Baring in mind that it’s January, so prices/wages are overinflated across the board anyway, and that’s on top of the fact that clubs (like us) are trying to shift their dross.

We’re relegated. This season has ended for us. Planning for league 2 is the main, and only priority right now IMHO.

Seems very risky to waste money now, when in six months time, we’ll have a better idea of the projected budget, and would be able to spend money, more wisely (if that’s at all possible with this ****ing club).

I don’t understand how multiple people mention the relegation clause, yet others STILL go off on one about selling. It’s a fairly easy to take decision IMHO.

Yeah I was annoyed at first but now knowing that I understand that it’s probably for the best. Just gutted he’s going to be off. Although it’s whether Hopper wants to go he could still turn them down. He could have more people interested and get a better contract signing bonus if he goes for free in the summer.

If the relegation release clause exists then sensible to accept the offer. This season needs to end ASAP!
Do we have a relegation release clause for our season tickets?

If the club has thrown the towel in now when we have started to get some form why should we bother for the rest of the season, absolutely pointless!!!!

I have been supporting Southend for many years and have tried to remain positive watching the worst performances ever at the beginning of this season. Now that we have seemed to be starting to turn the corner we get the news that not only have we lost Cox, but now Humphries and Hopper as well.

Absolute joke of a club and a very poor way to treat supporters who have been paying for the most expensive season tickets in the division for crap low quality football, I am furious.

It's practical, sensible and utterly soul destroying.
You win, and then you lose; not just three points, but those last, stupidly optimistic vestiges of hope.
There are sometimes, I might add, when it would help if the club statements were a little clearer. If you're going to write 'a club in our position' you might as well go the whole hog and say he DOES have a relegation clause.

Where are people seeing the relegation clause information?, it's logical if that is in there, without though.........

Whilst there's the slightest possibility of staying up you do not sell your remaining best striker ....just days after releasing the only quality player in the squad.So reminiscent of the Barnard sale and the resulting relegation.
Sorry but this must solely be to bail out Ron's financial position and a third relegation purely down to him. Don't give me this cr*p about strengthening the squad now .Ron you can stick your Season ticket renewal invitation where it hurts...Any supporter still thinking he will lead us to the promised land must be short of brain.This really is the lowest point in over 50 years of following this club because we have been here before 10 years ago and he has allowed it to happen again.....football coming second in every decision

I can't get too worked up over this tbh, all of the players we have are the reason we are in the position we are in. I don't blame him for wanting to leave as he has property in lincolnshire but lets be honest his goal record this season isn't great and he may have long term injury problems that we don't know about

Do we have a relegation release clause for our season tickets?

If the club has thrown the towel in now when we have started to get some form why should we bother for the rest of the season, absolutely pointless!!!!

I have been supporting Southend for many years and have tried to remain positive watching the worst performances ever at the beginning of this season. Now that we have seemed to be starting to turn the corner we get the news that not only have we lost Cox, but now Humphries and Hopper as well.

Absolute joke of a club and a very poor way to treat supporters who have been paying for the most expensive season tickets in the division for crap low quality football, I am furious.

The first bit makes zero sense. Just don't buy one. Unless you were trying to be funny. In which case try harder.

Im more shocked people are surprised. In my eyes, get rid of as many as possibly]e. Don't understand the outpouring of "oh he was great" when players leave at the moment.

now I will make exception for hopper who I like he's one of the squad that always seems to try his best - and he's decent. I don't begrudge him a move or us cashing in now - makes sense.

but I say the more the merrier. Look at the league table and the last 3-4 years. We are absolute garbage for whatever reason - we need to rebuild. It will be in league 2 so does it really matter what happens in next 4 months? Get the kids blooded for next year, get the wage bill cut, get whatever cash we can and go again in August.

Back