• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good as we are destined for league two and have a lot of players on big wages. They needed to go, whether we replace them doesn’t matter. We needed the big earners off the wage bill.

Ron and Sol mentioned they wanted 6. They never said we will get 6. I find it odd they’d make an exact number it gives fans false hope. Things have changed since then we’ve fallen further into the abyss. It’s almost impossible to survive so the situation may have changed and it’s more about damage limitation.

I’d be happy with 3 but I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t get any in.

I am for cutting wages. I shocked a big Simon Cox fan in the summer when i said why i would let him go and another of his favourites, Demetriou. Then I found out Kiernan didn't want to be here, so added him to the list.......We could have singed a proper CB and similar CM to compliment Dru.......In the end I thought at least Kiernan could do the CM job and as anyone who was at Cov will tell you, Lennon looked like that winner at the back.....Until i relayed their goal.......its only got worse since.

I fully understand the measures Ron is having to take but i don't agree that Sol will be happy, who would be when the likes of Hopper have to go.

The reason Sol will struggle is its easy the reck an old house that needs a major refurb. The difficult bit is rebuilding it. That takes money and as any of you home owners know, it takes far more time, effort and money than you think.....My general guide is add a third to your budget and double your time and thats if you know what your doing.

Do our fans have the patience to live in a building site that wont be finished by the end of the summer. in fact there will be more demolition this summer so it could be a long winter with no heating starting as early as October. I've managed a few times over the years but i tell you something it puts a strain on the strongest of relationships and ruins others.

I'm feeling a bit old to do it a again so i'm going to buy one of those FF lottery tickets. If I win i'll have a brand new luxury house with all the trimmings....What could go wrong?

I am for cutting wages. I shocked a big Simon Cox fan in the summer when i said why i would let him go and another of his favourites, Demetriou. Then I found out Kiernan didn't want to be here, so added him to the list.......We could have singed a proper CB and similar CM to compliment Dru.......In the end I thought at least Kiernan could do the CM job and as anyone who was at Cov will tell you, Lennon looked like that winner at the back.....Until i relayed their goal.......its only got worse since.

I fully understand the measures Ron is having to take but i don't agree that Sol will be happy, who would be when the likes of Hopper have to go.

The reason Sol will struggle is its easy the reck an old house that needs a major refurb. The difficult bit is rebuilding it. That takes money and as any of you home owners know, it takes far more time, effort and money than you think.....My general guide is add a third to your budget and double your time and thats if you know what your doing.

Do our fans have the patience to live in a building site that wont be finished by the end of the summer. in fact there will be more demolition this summer so it could be a long winter with no heating starting as early as October. I've managed a few times over the years but i tell you something it puts a strain on the strongest of relationships and ruins others.

I'm feeling a bit old to do it a again so i'm going to buy one of those FF lottery tickets. If I win i'll have a brand new luxury house with all the trimmings....What could go wrong?

Don’t think Sol will be ‘happy’ with the strategy just that he supports it. Why would you let Demetriou go ?

Don’t think Sol will be ‘happy’ with the strategy just that he supports it. Why would you let Demetriou go ?

Big wages and a poor attitude to rehab.

Before anyone starts no i will not be naming sources or presenting written proof but more than a year ago i was told he only only wants to be fit for Cyprus......Remember last year when he made a brief 20 minutes during the Bond era......No one will take him this month but he will be gone in the summer.

My days of staying silent when it comes to players who take this p*** out of us all are long gone. If some of you don't believe me then tough. If i call a player out is because the info is far more reliable than just gossip

I don't think anyone can be shocked with the departures. At least 80% of the team have been lazy, disinterested, gutless - or all of the above. I suspect Sol has come in and seen the same and told Ron he has a full rebuild on his hands.

Off topic but there will have been a link between players attitudes, the squad AND the management was running the circus at both when they signed on and at later periods.
If Cox, Demi and others thought the club was being run by clowns then deciding to look after their own individual situation was a rational and collectively poor response.
I hope Sol has sorted that situation out now.
And the new arrivals won't be put into the toxic mire that was in place.

Regardless of who goes and who comes in I think the most important thing that needs to happen is that lessons are learnt and remain learnt. Time for a dose of realism.

The club should start cutting its coat according to its cloth, and do so for the foreseeable future. No more throwing money at aging and/or injury prone "Wow" signings, who only want one last big pay day for little or no effort, just to chase a short term dream.

Find cheaper, more realistic, longer term prospects from the youth set up or elsewhere. And if these are not that abundant then no panic buying any old crap just to make up the numbers, simply deal with it.

And the supporters need to rein in some of their wilder ambitions too. Whilst most are resigned to relegation there are already comments of "hitting the ground running" next season so the team can "bounce back". I am already fearing the usual pre-season hubris bubbling to the surface.

Realistically we should all just be happy if things can be stabilised next season and a mid or even lower table finish (barring in one of the bottom two places) would be acceptable. Let's forget these bouncing back in one go ideas. That way madness lies.

Don't get that Demetriou comment. He has been at the club a long time, and went from being in a good team that got promotion and was pushing play-offs to a utter **** show that was Chris Powell and Kevin Bond.

In that time he had a serious knee injury and wanted out. Its no co-incidence that since Sol has come in, he has got fit, got his place back and been one of the better players in the last couple of months.

Don't see any reason to get rid of possibly one of our next best players?

Don't get that Demetriou comment. He has been at the club a long time, and went from being in a good team that got promotion and was pushing play-offs to a utter **** show that was Chris Powell and Kevin Bond.

In that time he had a serious knee injury and wanted out. Its no co-incidence that since Sol has come in, he has got fit, got his place back and been one of the better players in the last couple of months.

Don't see any reason to get rid of possibly one of our next best players?

In Demi's case it does appear that the arrival of Sol has seen a marked uplift. When I heard he was playing CM I was concerned because when I have seen him put in there under the last couple of managers he did nothing whatsoever. Game passed him by.

But to be fair since Sol put him in there he has got around the park and done a very decent job. And started consecutive games starting with no obvious problems and getting through 90 mins often.

Sometimes a new manager can re-energise someone and turn them around- sometimes they conclude the prize is not worth the chase. Maybe Demi is in the former category dependent on the rest of the season and off-pitch attitude.

Before anyone starts no i will not be naming sources or presenting written proof but more than a year ago i was told he only only wants to be fit for Cyprus......Remember last year when he made a brief 20 minutes during the Bond era......No one will take him this month but he will be gone in the summer.

My days of staying silent when it comes to players who take this p*** out of us all are long gone. If some of you don't believe me then tough. If i call a player out is because the info is far more reliable than just gossip

I am not disputing your comments regarding his attitude at the time of his injury and his rehab but he did have a serious injury and the club was not clearly not a good place to be under Bond.

Whilst not necessarily condoning his actions football players like all of us have good and bad times and may not always react in the best manner when things look bleak.

Demetriou has been with us for awhile and prior to his injury always looked fully committed on the pitch and since coming back in the team under Sol has made a positive contribution in a position alien to him. I would tend to look at how is performing now under Sol and on the majority of his time with us.

His versatility and experience is something I think we could do with next season. Assuming we are in League 2 his current wages will be a problem and I suspect he is also one of the few players in our squad that could attract League 1 interest.

What a coincidence - you wouldn't say any of this negative stuff before even though you knew about it but now that Ron is coming under pressure for fire-sale etc - now you are prepared to provide your insider knowledge to justify players going -

When are you going to be open and honest about your relationship with Ron?

What a coincidence - you wouldn't say any of this negative stuff before even though you knew about it but now that Ron is coming under pressure for fire-sale etc - now you are prepared to provide your insider knowledge to justify players going -

When are you going to be open and honest about your relationship with Ron?

1) Knowledge is dangerous on Shrimperzone. Whether its pointing out that is wasn't really X or Y's fault for the goal, the real reason we didn't sign player A or what really happend in training etc. Unfortunately well known and honest southend fans like Wivs, GBJ, TSNB, fbm, Andy T and many others don't want to have to defend themselves from ignorant accusations.......Something the mods should think about

2) Our league position, points total and goals conceded. Means Ron, Sol or anyone else for that matter ....Do not have to justify players going

2) If i'm open and honest, then never mind eating white snow, snorting is bad ( unless used moderately on big nights out or all dayers with the lads) but smoking it definitely makes you delusional and paranoid.

1) Knowledge is dangerous on Shrimperzone. Whether its pointing out that is wasn't really X or Y's fault for the goal, the real reason we didn't sign player A or what really happend in training etc. Unfortunately well known and honest southend fans like Wivs, GBJ, TSNB, fbm, Andy T and many others don't want to have to defend themselves from ignorant accusations.......Something the mods should think about

2) Our league position, points total and goals conceded. Means Ron, Sol or anyone else for that matter ....Do not have to justify players going

2) If i'm open and honest, then never mind eating white snow, snorting is bad ( unless used moderately on big nights out or all dayers with the lads) but smoking it definitely makes you delusional and paranoid.

And yet again you won't admit what your relationship with Ron is - I wonder why on earth that may be eh!?

FOr me and its a personal opinion, I love ITK's posting, however i do get why people get frustrated when they wont say how they know this, if your putting something on about info then people have the right to ask that and in someways to expect it to be shared. For me if someone inside the club us sharing info against the clubs wishes, then they should not do so or the club should deal with, this is why people don'y put up who told them what. By doing so they let down there mate as I know most football clubs do go on and read the fans forums. Like I say forums and especially threads about transfers are built on gossip, so I welcome the ITK info but they should expect to be asked where it comes from, and whether they like it or not to for people to be skeptical.

The thing i find more annoying (ITK's dont annoy me) is the scapegoating, one goes so we m ove to anothe rplayer and reveal stuff about them. When times are good everyone loves them, when times are bad we scapegoat. That I just find irritating.

Anyway on transfer topics, I have no information on any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back