• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd try and avoid the pile on I have no idea who Ri
What a coincidence - you wouldn't say any of this negative stuff before even though you knew about it but now that Ron is coming under pressure for fire-sale etc - now you are prepared to provide your insider knowledge to justify players going -

When are you going to be open and honest about your relationship with Ron?

FWIW I heard the same thing months ago, just it's not worth starting rumour or putting people's livelihood at stake by starting to reveal names. I heard this mentioned amongst other things, some of which have turned out to mean what's happened this month are of absolutely no surprise to me.

I don't know Rigsby at all but I'd choose to believe them rather than get involved in a pile on. If you're winning and someone isn't putting in a shift and you mention it, you're going to look like a lunatic because the rest of the team are obviously carrying them...

FOr me and its a personal opinion, I love ITK's posting, however i do get why people get frustrated when they wont say how they know this, if your putting something on about info then people have the right to ask that and in someways to expect it to be shared. For me if someone inside the club us sharing info against the clubs wishes, then they should not do so or the club should deal with, this is why people don'y put up who told them what. By doing so they let down there mate as I know most football clubs do go on and read the fans forums. Like I say forums and especially threads about transfers are built on gossip, so I welcome the ITK info but they should expect to be asked where it comes from, and whether they like it or not to for people to be skeptical.

The thing i find more annoying (ITK's dont annoy me) is the scapegoating, one goes so we m ove to another player and reveal stuff about them. When times are good everyone loves them, when times are bad we scapegoat. That I just find irritating.

Anyway on transfer topics, I have no information on any

I think that the history of the poster comes into it actually. You can usually tell from stuff that has been posted by them previously whether or not they are likely to post "facts" which are just flimsy rumours, or facts which actually turn out to be true.

But no-one with any credibility is going to reveal their sources, because the source then simply dries up.

People can use their own judgement and my rule of thumb is to believe none of what I hear and half of what I see. I however may be interested to do my own checks and may also subsequently share the rumour, but making sure everyone knew it was a rumour.

But over the years I have managed to establish who on here I trust for some proper goss. If I wanted to know something sensitive I might PM the person concerned rather than putting it on a public forum.

Does it matter then?[/QUO
why does it matter to a col u fan ?

It doesn't "matter" - just find it curious as to why a poster who is very happy to let it be know they have insider knowledge on many aspects but won't actually declare their relationship to Ron (note the relationship to Ron rather than general question on disclosing sources!)

If a person had (hypothetically speaking) a strong relationship with someone at the club (could be family, close friend or business partner for example) and was putting information out frequently that was almost exclusively in support of the club at times when unrest was evident then perhaps others may be more cynical eh!?

Anybody have any transfer rumours? Please feel free to post tumbleweed GIF’s here!

Gents, back on topic please and for those who seem to have forgotten it’s about January transfer rumours.

Seems to have gone quiet on these ‘3’ players we are interested in. Lucky we haven’t got a game tomorrow.

nevereatwhitesnow is the Col Ewe fan. I must say I find this all rather strange. Why is it any of his business? I'm sure Col Ewe have their own forum. And why does rigsby have to say what his relationship is to the Chairman? If there is one.

I didn't realise this forum was only open to Southend United sufferers fans?

I've always had a bit of an interest - we've shared many players over the years and it's a small word - people know people etc.

I've rarely said anything negative about you lot (bit of friendly banter) but don't want any club to go the way of Bury etc and from what I've heard I'm genuinely concerned for you as a club right now - don't care about you guys getting relegated but I'd hate for something worse happen to your club

I didn't realise this forum was only open to Southend United sufferers fans?

I've always had a bit of an interest - we've shared many players over the years and it's a small word - people know people etc.

I've rarely said anything negative about you lot (bit of friendly banter) but don't want any club to go the way of Bury etc and from what I've heard I'm genuinely concerned for you as a club right now - don't care about you guys getting relegated but I'd hate for something worse happen to your club

That's a very fair reply. Of course fans of other clubs are welcome, but a bit of common sense has to be shown. Banter is most welcome, but we already know we are really crap and skint.

Here’s a big shout (in ready for a smacking from some):

Sell Elvis

I really think we could get a decent fee for him (whether it’s now or in the summer) and that could go a long way towards some “Sols wanted players”. How much do you lads think we’d get for him, bear in mind we got ~500k for Dru.

Just an idea anyway.

Sell Elvis

I really think we could get a decent fee for him (whether it’s now or in the summer) and that could go a long way towards some “Sols wanted players”. How much do you lads think we’d get for him, bear in mind we got ~500k for Dru.

Just an idea anyway.

Not a great deal, we’d be lucky to get anywhere near £500k and that’s nothing against Elvis and his ability. It’s common knowledge of our money troubles, winding up orders and late payment of players. Clubs will look to get bargains and not pay over the odds. We would be lucky to get offers above £250k for him.

Sell Elvis

Just an idea anyway.
I think we have already mentioned the Elvis rumours, ie QPR and Charlton interested.

I think we have already mentioned the Elvis rumours, ie QPR and Charlton interested.
I’ve heard about this so much, but I just don’t believe it tbh. I like Elvis but is he really that sort of standard atm? Or maybe similar to a dru situation where he hangs around the bench and u-23’s at first?

Sell Elvis

Just an idea anyway.
There were rumours that Charlton were/are interested. But since that first burst of info it appears to have gone quiet. I reckon anyone that makes a bid for Elvis won't go anywhwere near the figure we alledgedly got for Dru. Elvis has quite a bit of development to come his way yet so I reckon 100k tops. As to selling him, I don't see Sol wanting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back