• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a big shout (in ready for a smacking from some):

Sell Elvis

I really think we could get a decent fee for him (whether it’s now or in the summer) and that could go a long way towards some “Sols wanted players”. How much do you lads think we’d get for him, bear in mind we got ~500k for Dru.

Just an idea anyway.

The things probably in the way of this:
1. He has been selected every game by Sol who probably quite rates him and he will get better.
2. He is not out of contract in the Summer I don't think, so no real incentive to look to sell a la Hopper.
3. So we are left with if someone comes in with an offer impossible to refuse (but that requires a willing other party, and actually there is no-one in the squad we wouldn't sell if the offer wasn't big enough- and that applies to any EFL club)

But do I think the club will be actively looking to sell?- no I doubt it.

And yet again you won't admit what your relationship with Ron is - I wonder why on earth that may be eh!?

What is your obsession?..Who appointed you as the Spanish inquisition ?

Its not as if i I have accused you having a sexual relationship with your sister or local farm animals.

What is your obsession?..

Its not as if i I have accused you having a sexual relationship with your sister or local farm animals.

Obsessions implies I’ve asked it frequently which someone would only do if they didn’t get an answer?

Why on Earth wouldn’t someone answer it, even if it where a flat denial??

Surprised another poster that actually knows who you are hasn’t sprung to your defence? I mean there are posters on here that have actually met this popular and frequent poster in person aren’t there???

The things probably in the way of this:
1. He has been selected every game by Sol who probably quite rates him and he will get better.
2. He is not out of contract in the Summer I don't think, so no real incentive to look to sell a la Hopper.
3. So we are left with if someone comes in with an offer impossible to refuse (but that requires a willing other party, and actually there is no-one in the squad we wouldn't sell if the offer wasn't big enough- and that applies to any EFL club)

But do I think the club will be actively looking to sell?- no I doubt it.

Elvis is out of contract in the summer

Obsessions implies I’ve asked it frequently which someone would only do if they didn’t get an answer?

Surprised another poster that actually knows who you are hasn’t sprung to your defence? I mean there are posters on here that have actually met this popular and frequent poster in person aren’t there???

Nobody from south of the county worth their salt needs to answer to anyone from Col U.....It is enshrined in the Essex ten commandments.

What is your obsession?..Who appointed you as the Spanish inquisition ?

Why can't you just answer the question. It seems a reasonable request if you ask me.

Well its Friday no one seems to have joined our relegation battle just yet.Guess who ever plays on Tuesday will give the suffering supporters some clue as to weather or not Ron has accepted that we are planning for division below

Anyone know if Hump is really going?
Not heard anything since the interest from Doncaster post.

BTW I dont know anyone or anything!

I will.

@rigsby is one of the better members of this forum.

We may differ on some (few) topics, but I can assure you, he knows his stuff.

If, for example, he were to offer up a transfer rumour, in this very here transfer rumour thread, then I’d take it at face value.

And to balance this post out, so it doesn’t get deleted, I’ve heard we’re on the verge of resigning Jack Payne.

And to balance this post out, so it doesn’t get deleted, I’ve heard we’re on the verge of resigning Jack Payne.
Would have to be on greatly reduced wages!

I am surprised the Cowleys haven't come back in to take him back to 'Uddersfield to be honest.

Anyone know if Hump is really going?
Not heard anything since the interest from Doncaster post.

BTW I dont know anyone or anything!

don't worry about that mate - just infer or pretend you do - it works for a lot of posters and is highly entertaining for the rest of us

I will.

@rigsby is one of the better members of this forum.

We may differ on some (few) topics, but I can assure you, he knows his stuff.

If, for example, he were to offer up a transfer rumour, in this very here transfer rumour thread, then I’d take it at face value.

I totally agree with GBJ, that Rigsby is one of the better posters on here. I personally don't know him, but would really miss his view on what's going on at our beloved football club.
I believe if he decided to quit this site (of which no one could blame him) because of the bullying to reveal his sources he would be greatly missed by the majority of the members!!!

Oh, and to stay on topic I don't fancy having Jack Payne back. Think he's to lightweight for Div2 and we already have Issac Hutchinson who his IMO a better prospect in that position if our new physio can work his magic!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'd try and avoid the pile on I have no idea who Ri

FWIW I heard the same thing months ago, just it's not worth starting rumour or putting people's livelihood at stake by starting to reveal names. I heard this mentioned amongst other things, some of which have turned out to mean what's happened this month are of absolutely no surprise to me.

I don't know Rigsby at all but I'd choose to believe them rather than get involved in a pile on. If you're winning and someone isn't putting in a shift and you mention it, you're going to look like a lunatic because the rest of the team are obviously carrying them...

If you get info from someone in the club you shouldn’t post it in my opinion, they are them selves putting their livelihood at risk. I worked for a club that went on its forum looked at what was being said and tracked down who said it. It’s a risky game

Would have to be on greatly reduced wages!

I am surprised the Cowleys haven't come back in to take him back to 'Uddersfield to be honest.

Jack's form had already started to dip before the Cowley's left. They would know all to well that Jack would struggle in the Championship over the course of a season.

He's a great dribbler, but he suffers in front of goal as he is not a clean striker of the ball.
Teams began to stick a tough tackler on him earlier this season and crowd him out and his threat deminished substantially.

There were rumours that Charlton were/are interested. But since that first burst of info it appears to have gone quiet. I reckon anyone that makes a bid for Elvis won't go anywhwere near the figure we alledgedly got for Dru. Elvis has quite a bit of development to come his way yet so I reckon 100k tops. As to selling him, I don't see Sol wanting that.

For the people on here who know about these things... isn't there a formula in place for selling players under 24? I was sure I read that with Dru, we got in excess of £500k as a result of that formula.

How would it work with Elvis? Who I would absolute support being sold at the moment, by the way.

If you get info from someone in the club you shouldn’t post it in my opinion, they are them selves putting their livelihood at risk. I worked for a club that went on its forum looked at what was being said and tracked down who said it. It’s a risky game

Agree to a certain extent, however, you’ve got to understand that it’s difficult for people who have been told stories, to remain quiet.

Especially when those stories involve players who are being lauded left, right and centre.

Simon Cox is a perfect example of this. It’s nigh on impossible to sit silently, whilst most fans hold him in such high regard. I see people, (on Twitter, more than here, tbf) treating him like some kind of messiah, and one of my biggest gripes, is that he was supposedly a consummate professional, who always gave his all, which is of course, a load of bollocks.

As Rigsby said, knowledge is a dangerous thing, on here.

Edit: we’re signing John Akinde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back