• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Second Misconduct Charge

If it is 16 year old Kenny Coker he came on as a sub in the 92nd minute in our 2-1 win against Lincoln City on the 1st Feb 2020 at Roots Hall.

Kenny Coker.jpg

He also came on as a 68th minute sub in our 0-2 loss against Coventry City on the 15th Feb 2020 again at Roots Hall.

If it is 16 year old Kenny Coker he came on as a sub in the 92nd minute in our 2-1 win against Lincoln City on the 1st Feb 2020 at Roots Hall.

View attachment 11441

He also came on as a 68th minute sub in our 0-2 loss against Coventry City on the 15th Feb 2020 again at Roots Hall.

Doubt its Kenny. He had a squad number like the rest of the youngsters- far more likely someone who's been registered with someone else out on loan and we recalled without having got the necessary paper work done to play them. We lose the points from that game I think and then thats it.

This feels like the EFL dragging its heels as much as possible to screw us for as long as possible.

**** the EFL.

I don't think the offence having occurred during this season, and a guilty verdict being forthcoming during this season, that the EFL can or will delay the punishment until next.
I may be (probably am) wrong but i thought the EFL bought in rules bout timing of admin and things like that to stop people trying to get points deducted if it was certain teams were going down or had nothing to lose during the season.

I just seem to remember something about it the time Luton got done twice or maybe Leeds or Birmingham.

What a wonderful chairman and club owner we have !! Not. Have said many times since year 2000,it will end in tears.It looks like we might be nearing the end.Where are the people sticking up for the chairman, now ?

Tom Clifford’s loan at Concord came to an end.
Myles Mitchell-Nelson last played for Harlow on 18 th January and Terrell Egbri played on 25th January but he didn’t get into the pitch against Lincoln.
I’m sure a CEO wouldn’t have let it happen.

Don't the rules now say something like if you would have been relegated without the deduction the deduction gets delayed to the following season?

I don't think the offence having occurred during this season, and a guilty verdict being forthcoming during this season, that the EFL can or will delay the punishment until next.

With regard to non-payment of wages and on the basis we are being relegated, I think the EFL can delay the points deduction until season.

What a wonderful chairman and club owner we have !! Not. Have said many times since year 2000,it will end in tears.It looks like we might be nearing the end.Where are the people sticking up for the chairman, now ?
I think it’s more a case of people pointing out that there is no viable alternative and if RM is pushed out like people are calling for then the most likely scenario is that Roots Hall is turned into flats and Southend United won’t exist anymore, than people sticking up for the chairman and his poor running of the football club over the past few years.

Don't the rules now say something like if you would have been relegated without the deduction the deduction gets delayed to the following season?
That’s the thing I was referring to earlier couldn’t remember how it was worded. Sure they change dit after someone found that loophole and exploited it

There is no way a points deduction would be applied this season- it’s bound to apply next season.

That’s the thing I was referring to earlier couldn’t remember how it was worded. Sure they change dit after someone found that loophole and exploited it

Well I doubt we will go into administration - the non registration issue will be just the points from the Lincoln game. Re the two incidents of non-payment of wages I doubt this will get carried over any more than it will be for Bolton for who it would apply equally (and then of course we have that Bolton and Macclesfield had multiple- more than two- non-payments of wages, failed to play fixtures, and then Bolton got a suspended penalty thrown in). Also you have Macclesfield still appealing I believe their deduction on the basis they were treated differently to Bolton. Its all a mess and given we have played our fixtures and really our main crime is being broke and unable to pay the wages I doubt we will be treated more harshly for lesser offences or have our penalties carried over when others haven't.

As has been said before we could just change our name to Bolton for the hearing and we will will probably be awarded 20 points..

That's what due diligence does for you Ron

Can't wait for that season ticket renewal form to drop through the door

There is no way a points deduction would be applied this season- it’s bound to apply next season.

Why?? Is that speculation or based on any facts? I guess Bolton will have all there deduction applied this season reapplied next season? I don't think so. Probably we need to do some investigation to clear this up :-)

Jesus Christ - Not that any of this is a surprise to be honest. Some of you may say I am negative, but I would say more realistic about the whole situation.

So lets take a look. (feel free to correct any mistakes or add to list, which I am sure someone will).

> 3 Winding up orders this year
> 3 EFL Misconduct charges
> No news of ALL wages yet paid.
> No news of HMRC being paid.
> Application with council put back AGAIN
> Shop doing a massive sale (which I knew about a week ago)
> Players gone, none brought in due to embargo
> No CEO still
> RH falling apart, no serious maintenance taking place including suffient cleaning prior to games. (I'll take that as a health and safety issue).
> Potential (more than likely) points deduction for next season
> Constant lies and misleading statements from the club (many would call that smoke and mirrors).

And the positive people will say it will be ok. We've been here before and we got out of it. We can sort it out again.

Sorry, if you don't think we are within a cats breath of administration, you really need to step back and take a harder look at the situation.

Back