• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just been to the local co-op, who is hoarding Bananas? they only last a week at absolute most, I bet the majority just get binned when they are mouldy

Yes, I'm sure all the community on Shrimperzone, would like to thank Tinks, and every other NHS worker that's not only helping people during this virus, but also putting their own health and lives at risk, by being on the front line. Thank you very much for all that you do.
PS. If there's any NHS workers on here, that live within a 10 mile radius of Southend, and are struggling to get food and bits, if you PM me, I'm willing to shop for you whilst I'm virus free, for free of course, just cost of shopping.

Yes, I'm sure all the community on Shrimperzone, would like to thank Tinks, and every other NHS worker that's not only helping people during this virus, but also putting their own health and lives at risk, by being on the front line. Thank you very much for all that you do.
PS. If there's any NHS workers on here, that live within a 10 mile radius of Southend, and are struggling to get food and bits, if you PM me, I'm willing to shop for you whilst I'm virus free, for free of course, just cost of shopping.
A wonderful gesture sir,public spirited at it's best.

The council are putting out a notice in the Echo tomorrow for people to stop congregating down the seafront, especially the golden mile. I drove past about 2 hours ago and was stuck in a long queue of traffic, and the golden mile had hundreds of people on it. Just madness.

Think Boris's words yesterday eve have been heeded a bit, at least in our part of Dorset.

Yesterday afternoon there were plenty of folk out walking around, tho there is enough wide open space on Studland Bay and so no probs self-distancing. Today, in very similar beautiful weather and at the same time, there were at least 50% less, most like us exercising the family hound waiting for a dump to drop before turning back for home.

The council are putting out a notice in the Echo tomorrow for people to stop congregating down the seafront, especially the golden mile. I drove past about 2 hours ago and was stuck in a long queue of traffic, and the golden mile had hundreds of people on it. Just madness.
I’d fully expect an imminent announcement .. congratulations these people. Clearly some think they can carry on their lives regardless with a bit of time off work thrown in. People will be surprised how much the Government can control matters and they’re about to get a shock.

Edited to say, looks like they’re getting another chance.. hopefully they’ll take it as nobody wants a total lockdown ..

Last edited:
Adventure Island boss, Phillip Miller has caused a big ongoing row on social media. He's playing down the virus. Unbelievable, but as it's him, believable. Someone even said on the Echo comments, that he opened his eateries today in Adventure Island. This is the guy that Southend Borough Council bend over for. He once got a charity bike ride stopped as it may have affected his takings. I hope the Council take into account his behaviour during this, for the future.

Adventure Island boss, Phillip Miller has caused a big ongoing row on social media. He's playing down the virus. Unbelievable, but as it's him, believable. Someone even said on the Echo comments, that he opened his eateries today in Adventure Island. This is the guy that Southend Borough Council bend over for. He once got a charity bike ride stopped as it may have affected his takings. I hope the Council take into account his behaviour during this, for the future.

He and Tim Martin - Two of a kind - if this ever gets sorted boycotts should be the order of the day.

I doubt it, he has them in his pocket

Hate him and always have. I am not saying I hope he gets Coronavirus but............

the virus will be all over his attractions ... espec. safety bars etc

even on the hAnd rails down to the ark ... and on kiosks etc.

anyone going in there will become a spreader ....

and take it back to their family

And Miller was also the guy who got the Southend Marathon stopped a few years ago, thousands of pounds for charity unable to be raised.

Went for a jog today and saw people all grouped together, restaraunts open and people inside. There is only one way to get this done and thats close anything down thats not a food shop or chemist and employ the military to jam guns into peoples faces.

And Miller was also the guy who got the Southend Marathon stopped a few years ago, thousands of pounds for charity unable to be raised.
Are you sure about that, my memory of the Southend Marathon was that it went out Wakering way and stayed away from the seafront?
The Southend 10k had its route changed for sure so that less disruption was caused but that was a fairly sensible change imo..

Yes, but at least he took a few more quid on the day. That was his only concern. I know he stopped the charity bike ride, I didn't know about the marathon. The guy is rich beyond belief, but still want's every penny. I know quite a few seafront traders, so I get to hear things.
Anyway, here's part of his tweet, as 394 more die from the virus in Spain in 24 hours.....

All this panic without proper knowledge?

.The other bit was about an article that Peter Hitchens wrote, playing down the virus. Here's one sentence...The collapse of a flourishing society, brought on by fear and speculation. That's the flavour of it. Against lockdown, and we should carry on. Phillip Miller said Peter Hitchens should be running things.

As the update on deaths around the world keeps coming in, these people in denial, or fearing it might cost them a few quid, really sickens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back