• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Yep, would be lovely.
Was chatting to a friend recently though and he was suggesting that once ( if ? ) we go back to some form of normality, Chinese restaurants may suffer due to peoples perception of the virus start point etc
I initially thought this was rubbish, but you never know.....
It got me thinking along similar lines with Corona beer , but I actually think with some clever marketing they can turn it into a positive.

God I need to get out more

Didn't really work with Chevrolet's Nova* marketing campaign, which famously didn't work too well in Mexico or any Spanish speaking country.

* No va means doesn't go/work in Spanish. :Smile:

(Drove one in the States in back in the 70's.Nice car).

I'm talking about them re-opening. I'm not talking about the few takeaways that have stayed open, and there's not many that have stayed open in Southend. That baker has been closed about 5 or 6 weeks.

Pretty sure the baker was open on 4th April, my wife brought some rolls back when she walked down to the butcher and I think she bought them there as they tasted like bread not the usual cotton wool you get elsewhere and that's where she usually gets them.
I'm sure my friend who lives in the High Street has been using it's parent baker/bakehouse in Shoebury High Street all the way through as he mentioned the other day that that is his exercise several times a week; walk down the High Street, paper at the newsagent, something from the baker, down to East Beach and along to Blackgate and back up the High Street.

I heard that the reason the bakers in Broadway West closed for 4 weeks was that they all got the virus. Thankfully all now recovered but one of them needed to go on a ventilator and will have a weakness for evermore.

I heard that the reason the bakers in Broadway West closed for 4 weeks was that they all got the virus. Thankfully all now recovered but one of them needed to go on a ventilator and will have a weakness for evermore.
Yes, thought it might be something like this. Good to hear they’re all recovered, lovely people and I always got my bread there, pre-lockdown. Goes to show, the importance of social distancing and protecting shop workers.

Anyone else noticed or hearing more and more prattmobiles hammering round the streets for their daily exercise?

Anyone else noticed or hearing more and more prattmobiles hammering round the streets for their daily exercise?
Depends what you mean by prattmobiles @lordlumpington. Yesterday morning we did our old gits exercise walk and a fat slug runner came running up behind us sweating, spluttering and then gobbed on the grass right next to us as he passed us (not two metres either) and most of the time he had his mobile in front of his face. soon after on our old gits morning walk we crossed the A127 near Kent Elms and a car left from a standing start at the lights and must have reached 50/60mph in a very short space of time (all in a 40 mph zone). So we were fortunate to encounter two examples of prattmobiles in a short space of time. :Angry:

Depends what you mean by prattmobiles @lordlumpington. Yesterday morning we did our old gits exercise walk and a fat slug runner came running up behind us sweating, spluttering and then gobbed on the grass right next to us as he passed us (not two metres either) and most of the time he had his mobile in front of his face. soon after on our old gits morning walk we crossed the A127 near Kent Elms and a car left from a standing start at the lights and must have reached 50/60mph in a very short space of time (all in a 40 mph zone). So we were fortunate to encounter two examples of prattmobiles in a short space of time. :Angry:

Mainly the ones on four wheels with back firing exhausts.Although on our seniors stroll Monday an old KA with pratt wheels and four occupants who no way were from the same family was attempting to wheel spin very badly round three different junctions.

Notice that a lot round here too, that and motorbikes absolutely hammering it down the bypass.

Notice that a lot round here too, that and motorbikes absolutely hammering it down the bypass.
I live nr the 127 and Vic Av dual section and the cars, bikes etc have always treated these sections as part of Santa Pod; they are, certainly, more noticeable but that may be because there is so much less other background noise.

I live nr the 127 and Vic Av dual section and the cars, bikes etc have always treated these sections as part of Santa Pod; they are, certainly, more noticeable but that may be because there is so much less other background noise.

That’s what I was thinking or it’s because they have a clear track now.

Why is that motorbikes can make so much noise when a car would be pulled up by the police. A motorcyclist near me goes out every morning around 6 and full throttle along a residential road 100 metres long.

Why is that motorbikes can make so much noise when a car would be pulled up by the police. A motorcyclist near me goes out every morning around 6 and full throttle along a residential road 100 metres long.
Those sort of people are not going to like electric motorbikes!

I loved the noise my bike made but there is a time and a place.

Certainly seems much busier out and about this week. I've been along the front (both ends) and the amount of people out and about are scary. Not sure why so many people are driving along the front when nothing is done there! For me, the government should have set out stricter rules to start with but that horse has well and truly bolted!

Certainly seems much busier out and about this week. I've been along the front (both ends) and the amount of people out and about are scary. Not sure why so many people are driving along the front when nothing is done there! For me, the government should have set out stricter rules to start with but that horse has well and truly bolted!

To get from the eastern part of the town to the western part.
I do it to get from dropping my mother's shopping off in Shoebury to dropping my mother-in-law's shopping off in Westcliff; it's the shortest route...

There certainly seem to be a lot more people out walking who look like they don't usually exercise regularly. - maybe that's a good thing.

I clapped and she rang the bell tonight, it went like the clappers! Best turn out so far round our way. Anyone else?

There certainly seem to be a lot more people out walking who look like they don't usually exercise regularly. - maybe that's a good thing.
As the lock down continues more and more will walk for exercise rather than stay in, especially when the sun shines.

I clapped and she rang the bell tonight, it went like the clappers! Best turn out so far round our way. Anyone else?

Last few weeks have been quiet in our cul-de-sac but tonight every single person was out makng a lot of noise, good to see

Back