• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Well done! When was your flight? I'm still waiting for news on my son's one at the end of March, which I paid for on my credit card!

It should have been last Weds to yesterday. Within 5 days of emailing flightrefund@easyjet.com I had the money back in my account and that was over the BH weekend as well. Really impressed with their service but I’m a regular customer.

It should have been last Weds to yesterday. Within 5 days of emailing flightrefund@easyjet.com I had the money back in my account and that was over the BH weekend as well. Really impressed with their service but I’m a regular customer.

Ha! Well done you.As another regular customer I'm beginning to wonder if I should have done the same. :Think:

Well, this is the response I got:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE – WE’RE SORRY, THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED

We sorry, this email address is no longer in use and we have not received your email. The quickest and easiest way to request a refund is through our new dedicated Webform. Please visit our Help Hub to request a refund.

Well, this is the response I got:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE – WE’RE SORRY, THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED

We sorry, this email address is no longer in use and we have not received your email. The quickest and easiest way to request a refund is through our new dedicated Webform. Please visit our Help Hub to request a refund.

Ah well I saw online that they were in the process of sorting an online form out, but I was told to email the above email address and it would be sorted, which it has been!

Back to work today and things defo seem busier but then being based in central southend and delivering down Rochford Rd and Prince Ave, it was always going to be that way! In Thorpe Bay next week so will just have to dodge the oldies walking about!

Kev

Ah well I saw online that they were in the process of sorting an online form out, but I was told to email the above email address and it would be sorted, which it has been!

Back to work today and things defo seem busier but then being based in central southend and delivering down Rochford Rd and Prince Ave, it was always going to be that way! In Thorpe Bay next week so will just have to dodge the oldies walking about!

Kev

Those oldies are such a nuisance aren't they?

Kev

Good job you're not driving in SC then. :Winking:

He is very busy at the mo but I shall mention you when I finally see him. He has been rapidly promoted as a scorer in the cricket world. Unfortunately it looks like a very important summer for him will be ruined. He should have been doing county level/England under 19's etc.

Some people have holidays booked for later this summer where airlines have said they wont cancel until 7 days before....If people wait that long to cancel then they will get charged for their accommodation etc.

The cost of all this will escalate way beyond government predictions and any forms of compensation will get very messy, unfair and no doubt littered with fraudulent claims.

Still got my Bill Frindall score books that the aforementioned Andy T and my self used to use in the mid 70s.

Still got my Bill Frindall score books that the aforementioned Andy T and my self used to use in the mid 70s.

His score books are legendary. A few years ago I was captaining one of the Rayleigh teams and we had to delay the start time. When I explained to my opposite number that our scorer had had to go back home because he had forgot his coloured pencils there was a look of real doubt in his mind....I had to show him our book to prove the point.

Andy was practising scoring at an Essex county game when he was about 15. He went to the score board and explained they were 1 run out.....They compared books and realised their mistake and corrected the score.

A touching display but what are all those policemen doing standing shoulder to shoulder. Double standards me thinks

It’s not just that it’s like the Westminster Bridge, it’s attracting people to come out to see these displays. To film them and not adhering to social distancing, not staying at home. If anything it’s not helping the NHS. It’s needs to stop! These displays aren’t helping the NHS or those supporting the NHS.

A touching display but what are all those policemen doing standing shoulder to shoulder. Double standards me thinks

Do as I say, not as I do.

As usual there are two sets of rules here, those for us 'normal' folk and one for those who deem themselves above them.

The more this situation goes on the more it doesn't make sense.

So I had to go and get my medication yesterday, and went down Sutton Road and 2 shops have re-opened. One was the baker/cake shop, and almost opposite the Chicken Inn takeaway. The baker is not essential, as you can get bread anywhere, and even opposite in the corner shop. The takeaway? And then when going down Hamstel Road, the Kebab shop has re-opened. What's going on? Maybe they have opened in desperation to save their businesses.

Back