• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Being re-furbished. (Or it was before they stopped).

It's being made smaller and doing a load of flats at the same time.

Shopping Thurs was a terrible idea. Went out just after 11 and both Aldi's were 100/200 deep outside the shop, so went Sainsbury's and only took 10 mins to get in. Queue was back to Mangetout so wasn't too bad. Was pretty packed inside. Bread and freezer stuff was minimal but got 99% of the stuff I needed!

Neighbour told me earlier that he cycled down to Two Tree Island on Friday for his exercise, & there were 6 cretins together out on surfboards off the slipway there.
He e-mailed Police when he got back, but no idea if they went there.

Sitting ( on my own ) on the grass outside my Flat on A13 near Thames Drive this afternoon, i was amazed at the amount of traffic going past constantly.
All major shopping stores closed, where the hell was everyone going?. I estimate over 75% only had the driver in them.

Sitting ( on my own ) on the grass outside my Flat on A13 near Thames Drive this afternoon, i was amazed at the amount of traffic going past constantly.
All major shopping stores closed, where the hell was everyone going?. I estimate over 75% only had the driver in them.

Canvey, for the barbecue?

One of the weirdest local lockdown stories.

HUNDREDS of cigarettes have been seized after reports of them being illegally sold.
The Southend Town Centre police team were out on patrol along the seafront on Saturday.

The team were ensuring people were staying at home to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
However, during their patrol they assisted workers from Southend Council's trading standards team after reports were made of a man illegally selling tobacco.
Officers seized a suitcase and box full of the cigarettes, and Southend Trading Standards are now investigating.
11255792.jpg

I was one of those drivers out and about yesterday, although I saw very little traffic. I was on my way to give blood at Wickford.

Just a point to note if you can give blood please do. The blood service cancelled some of the appointments yesterday to help with social distancing whilst giving blood, but a lot of people who were due to give blood didn't.

Very few out of town visitors to Gods riviera this weekend only see 4 groups of 4 or more.

My favourites were the 4 plod on foot (first time I have ever seen that ) They stopped a lone woman in her late 50's out on a walk right in front of where I live. They surrounded her and tried, but failed, to keep the right distance.

It looked like the start of of a sword fight scene in some Tarantino movie. When I started filming (from my balcony) they moved back a bit and then two of them moved on.

She was dressed for walk in shorts and trainers, wasn't carrying a handbag with her so not sure why the intimidation. It was very quiet along the front at the time so that was probably the highest risk for days that that women has faced.

With the backlog on the Royal Mail deliveries what s the score with something like a speed camera offence. Believe it's normally 14 days to receive the ticket in the post or is that the date on the letter that counts?

And yes I just went through a 30 at about 38.

With the backlog on the Royal Mail deliveries what s the score with something like a speed camera offence. Believe it's normally 14 days to receive the ticket in the post or is that the date on the letter that counts?

And yes I just went through a 30 at about 38.
If it was 37 you'll get away with it.
On the speed awareness course I was on all of us had done 38.

Something to do with calibration which takes it to 35 plus 10 per cent but could have changed!
That's how he knew what speed we were all doing, any more and your not offered the course.

You may be right, I've (fortunately) never been nabbed bar the time I did 103 in a 70 :Hilarious:

Thanks guys, fingers crossed. Imagine the current courses will be interesting with social distancing.

Bizarrely I'm sure I dreamt that they have relaxed fixed cameras during lockdown, something to do with emergency services. Probably too much extra mature cheddar. :Smile:

Thanks guys, fingers crossed. Imagine the current courses will be interesting with social distancing.

Bizarrely I'm sure I dreamt that they have relaxed fixed cameras during lockdown, something to do with emergency services. Probably too much extra mature cheddar. :Smile:
Although its 4 hours of your life you wont get back unless you've done one in last 3 years you would more than likely be offered a course which would save the points if your unlucky.

Although its 4 hours of your life you wont get back unless you've done one in last 3 years you would more than likely be offered a course which would save the points if your unlucky.
I had the pleasure of expriencing one of those about 3 years ago, 'at a place near you', yeah, Brentwood. As you say, pretty mind numbing and it surprised me that I wasn't the oldest one and one knob head attendee tried to film the whole thing on his phone, got booted out and ended up in court instead.

I had the pleasure of experiencing one of those about 3 years ago, 'at a place near you', yeah, Brentwood. As you say, pretty mind numbing and it surprised me that I wasn't the oldest one and one knob head attendee tried to film the whole thing on his phone, got booted out and ended up in court instead.
Not proud of it but I've done 2 and last one last year was one of the youngest at 50?

Back