• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One wonders what proportion of said idiots are out there doing their thang on a Thursday @ 8 ? That's assuming they're able to put two hands together and make a noise.....

Well I saw those same people out clapping ignoring social distancing having a street party Friday. It’s ridiculous how these idiots minds work.

Certainly a lot last time I was over there. Guardamar is lovely but bloody expensive for property. I looked into opening a campsite near there but prices for land purchase or rent were way too rich for my blood.

Well if the economists are right that this virus is going to shake up the global economy quite hard, you can imagine property prices will be dropping, and some will drop significantly.

Could be worth keeping an eye on in the near future

Did you see the irony of where the photos were taken that were doing the rounds, London Fields? Underneath their feet are the remains of where thousands of victims of the plague were buried centuries ago.

Southend sea front was also reportedly mobbed, with the hospital apparently tweeting that they expected to be busy as a result, in a fortnight.

Yes, I have friends who live in Tenerife and they are hopeful that they will be able to take tourists before the summer is over.

Interestingly, on the Spanish news last night they announced that Lufthansa will be resuming flights to Mallorca on Monday 1st June.As yet there are no plans for Spaniards on the mainland to fly anywhere,though I'm sure that where Germany leads the rest of us will follow. :Winking:

Last edited:
I agree with you in principle, but in truth, with the current state of the economy on the island, it won’t be long before the Majorcan’s are begging for some drinking contests, wet T-shirt competitions & gratuitous violence courtesy of some gattered up northerners ?

Nice part of the world that. Guardamar (just up the road) rivals any beach on this planet.

From what I know, a large portion of that area (and 10-miles further southwards) are owned largely by Scandinavians.

Can't say I know it .Though we did spend a pleasant weekend in nearby Deyá ayear or so ago. The
Certainly a lot last time I was over there. Guardamar is lovely but bloody expensive for property. I looked into opening a campsite near there but prices for land purchase or rent were way too rich for my blood.
I agree with you in principle, but in truth, with the current state of the economy on the island, it won’t be long before the Majorcan’s are begging for some drinking contests, wet T-shirt competitions & gratuitous violence courtesy of some gattered up northerners ?

Nice part of the world that. Guardamar (just up the road) rivals any beach on this planet.

From what I know, a large portion of that area (and 10-miles further southwards) are owned largely by Scandinavians.

Can't say I know it but we stayed in a posh hotel near Deyá a year or so ago,which was rammed with Germans.

Seems that Menorca has lifted internal restrictions, i.e. no social distancing BUT no passenger flights/ferries allowed in.
So, apart from the tourist trade, all back to normal.

Just logged into our work system to see what's been going on....since lockdown started, we've had just shy of 70 separate requests to view properties for sale, with these numbers really having increased in the last week. Astounding.

Tucked away on the inside pages in the Telegraph today is a piece about telephone monitoring of the Wuhan Lab, and that there was a big anomaly in mid October which might suggest a major upheaval or incident there.
Might it be, as the report is pointing at, that there was a breach?
We can be sure of a few things;= the China Guv will not/are not telling the truth about the start, spread or their numbers of dead; a mate who lives in HK tells me that a month ago the underground news there was of in excess of 40k deaths.
The US of A will drip feed data to start ripples of doubt and anger.
The UK Guv will provide little direction but do some vague hand waving; and the Wee Crankly Pict woman will heep all the blame elsewhere.

View attachment 12126

A lot of people are going to take this as freedom!

Only those people who have been doing what they want anyway. Most of us are following the guidelines, it's the minority who either don't care or don't think it'll happen to them that are doing what they like, and that's simply not fair on the rest of us. These "guidelines" should have been more stringent from the start.

Only those people who have been doing what they want anyway. Most of us are following the guidelines, it's the minority who either don't care or don't think it'll happen to them that are doing what they like, and that's simply not fair on the rest of us. These "guidelines" should have been more stringent from the start.

My next door neighbour has been really good as have his daughters. Two have been living with their partners. The younger two have stayed at home. This has just been announced and I’ve just seen one of his elder daughters come over and pick up the two younger ones and go for a drive. He is also one of the ones to have a letter saying he is vulnerable. Give people an inch they take a ****ing mile!

I just think we should have kept the lockdown as it is for at least another 3 weeks. It could have been tighter if anything. Watch what happens if restrictions are eased a bit later today. Give idiots an inch, and they will take a mile.
Ricey beat me to it that last comment.

The new slogan has just been revealed:

Stay Alert, Control the Virus, Save Lives!

Dear god we are ****ed!

How can you stay alert when you have drunk a bottle of Prosecco or six cans of continental strength lager in a park or on a beach.

I just think we should have kept the lockdown as it is for at least another 3 weeks. It could have been tighter if anything. Watch what happens if restrictions are eased a bit later today. Give idiots an inch, and they will take a mile.
Ricey beat me to it that last comment.

I cases rise again it will be very difficult to force people back into lockdown.

Tucked away on the inside pages in the Telegraph today is a piece about telephone monitoring of the Wuhan Lab, and that there was a big anomaly in mid October which might suggest a major upheaval or incident there.
Might it be, as the report is pointing at, that there was a breach?
We can be sure of a few things;= the China Guv will not/are not telling the truth about the start, spread or their numbers of dead; a mate who lives in HK tells me that a month ago the underground news there was of in excess of 40k deaths.
The US of A will drip feed data to start ripples of doubt and anger.
The UK Guv will provide little direction but do some vague hand waving; and the Wee Crankly Pict woman will heep all the blame elsewhere.

I can't imagine why the Telegraph would be looking to blame China rather than reflecting upon how much better say Germany have coped with the crisis.

Vast majority will be sensible. Pretty clear advice for those that will read it although for some they won't bother. But as they say you can't fix stupid. Out of interest I just read an article about Belgium you know the country with the highest death rate. They are easing down restrictions. Their preliminary thoughts are interesting. As well as concerns about people coming back from skiing holidays, public events that might with hindsight have been cancelled the 2 main conclusions seem to be. One it is too soon to make any analysis but most important they feel they are the country counting deaths correctly. We shall see.

Vast majority will be sensible. Pretty clear advice for those that will read it although for some they won't bother.
That's the problem with the new slogan, Stay At Home was a clear message even for people that didn't read the finer details. With this new slogan if you don't read past it then it could easily be mistaken for the lockdown ending when it isn't.

Some of you 'lockdowners' need to get out a bit more. The self righteous statements on here are at pandemic levels.

Flights are still landing from the far east with no quarantine for passengers, yet you want the army to stop families walking on 'your' beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back