• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fagan as the club will get financial help to employ somebody who is BAME. It’s Ron all over. A bit like not being able to get shirt sponsorship, but get money from Paddy Power!

I would love AB but I feel we need experience, like when Sturrock came in. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Phil Brown or Tilson come back.
Tilly would be perfect with AB. Can't see it on his own but as a number two definitely. Potentially this would with not only with AB but also Maher.

There is a rumour that PB is an option. How real it is I don't. Anyone with any contacts at the Roslin?

I honestly would have PB back, I can't imagine he'd be too expensive given his last two jobs were in India.

9403247.jpg

Indeed and now CP.
I was one of those that felt if he stayed he would have made a success of it. However, for me its a case of the king is dead long live the king.
I regret he has gone but this is history and whoever the new manager is must be given a chance. At least for the most part the new manager thread should be a positive one where hatchets can be buried and not in each other :-)
From Ron's comments you would not get great odds against it being the AB/ST combo- Ron previously has been reluctant to approach people in a job. There is also a bizarre rumour apparent about PB being open to a return- surely just a twitter rumour?
Does PB still live in the area? Word was he did even after he returned from India

Saw rumours earlier about Brown coming back which, if true, will just be the continuation of this relentless banter era of supporting SUFC.

I think now is the time for AB. We need someone who loves the club and will get the players and fans back onside. An AB, King Kev combo would be the stuff of wet dreams.

Fagan as the club will get financial help to employ somebody who is BAME. It’s Ron all over. A bit like not being able to get shirt sponsorship, but get money from Paddy Power!

Financial help to hire a black manager? Since when has that been a thing? have you made that up?

Paddy Power are our shirt sponsors, it's their choice not to show it on the shirt because of their silly promotion.

Fair play to Sol for standing down so as to not be a financial burden. I hope his critics can acknowledge his selflessness in doing so. No doubt he was promised a lot of things by Ron when he joined and few of them came to fruition.
He could have taken a pay cut, given that he’s a multi millionaire. There is more to it than this, I think he was fed up with it and Ron not pleased that he was fed up. Better for both parties to amicably split in these circumstances

I for one would love Phil Brown back, but I don't think it will happen.
My preference is for King Kevin with Tilly as his assistant/mentor. Both blue blood running through their veins. Tilly's been here and got us from Div2 to the Championship. Kev was his Captain fantastic, who also brought through the wonderful kids that we have in the first team at min. We don't have money to throw around, so I think both would come on board for reasonable money leaving a little in hand for a big centre half, an experienced playmaking midfielder and a tall center forward. Combined with the youthies and what senior players we have, should be good enough to stay in Div2 this coming season, where money is going to be very tight. Then push on following season for promotion/ playoffs.

Saw rumours earlier about Brown coming back which, if true, will just be the continuation of this relentless banter era of supporting SUFC.

I think now is the time for AB. We need someone who loves the club and will get the players and fans back onside. An AB, King Kev combo would be the stuff of wet dreams.
Maybe PB with Maher and Fagan assisting, maybe PB in the dreaded Director of Football role with a coaching team of suitable died in the wool Blues until I die coaches (one as Head Coach)..

Just put a tenner on Adam Barrett, All the noises being made point to that. 10/1 as well!

Some great banter names on there:

Mark Milligan 20/1
Robbie Fowler 20/1

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back