• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squad for 20/21

Boreham Blue

Match day squad⭐
With the arrival of MM and the return of CP’s beautiful handwriting I’m now excited about the new season.

Talk of players exiting seems to have gone a bit more quiet. Who do we think of this squad will be going? Is there anyone missing? (I’m sure Rob Howard was seen in a training pic), if we dip below 23 or the embargo is lifted, who do you think we will sign? Has anyone ITK got any early feedback from the players about level of excitement? Etc etc

Attachments

• 2548967B-353F-4921-B4D1-550A27B62CB6.jpeg
    2548967B-353F-4921-B4D1-550A27B62CB6.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 181
Hhhhhmmm. Sorry to be negative but seasoned Division 4 teams/players will go straight through that midfield as if it were made of butter.

I agree. I assume if nothing changes then Dieng likely to return to a midfield role? I think we have some real talent in midfield with Gard and Phillips but light on experience. Demi won’t make all matches and Dieng will probably be necessary, although not the all action holding midfielder we’d want.

No Sam Barratt or Macca on that list.
What's the situation with them?

No Sam Barratt or Macca on that list.
What's the situation with them?

It's only those who are signed and have played a first team game.
Barratt is training with us. Macca is expected to join Coughlan's Mansfield.

Other youngsters in the u23 yet to make their debut include Rob Howard (was on loan at Dartford last year), Oshane Stewart (was on loan at Merstham) and Jon Benton (was on loan at Great Wakering before getting injured).

Anyone know what the situation is with Acquah and Klass?

Unless Ron knows that the embargo is about to be settled I’d have thought they would want to sign all the players we are allowed to in order to avoid being down to the bare bones. With Klass I think there is a player there somewhere, especially at our new level.

Our squad seems very lightweight to me. league 2 is very physical and I can see us getting bullied out of games.

Reactions: GBJ
It's only those who are signed and have played a first team game.
Barratt is training with us. Macca is expected to join Coughlan's Mansfield.

Other youngsters in the u23 yet to make their debut include Rob Howard (was on loan at Dartford last year), Oshane Stewart (was on loan at Merstham) and Jon Benton (was on loan at Great Wakering before getting injured).

Anyone know what the situation is with Acquah and Klass?

I heard via a very solid contact who knows Acquah’s father that he was offered a deal but turned it down. Which if I’m brutally honest didn’t upset me too much, when I saw him play he looked Ryman league at best.

Highlights the importance of getting the embargo lifted as that squad would struggle to stave off another relegation.

I heard via a very solid contact who knows Acquah’s father that he was offered a deal but turned it down. Which if I’m brutally honest didn’t upset me too much, when I saw him play he looked Ryman league at best.

Got to wonder where he sees his better options elsewhere unless he’s giving up of football as a profession.

Last I heard, nobody at the club knew the answer to that.

Neither returned to training ??‍♂️

Very strange. Can’t see either getting a bigger move and surely non league teams will be nervous to give them a deal when we’ll be due a fee.

Very strange. Can’t see either getting a bigger move and surely non league teams will be nervous to give them a deal when we’ll be due a fee.
If either wanted to stay in EFL they have been either foolish or poorly advised. Once you go into the non- league coming back is notoriously difficult. And many many better players will be struggling for contracts...

We need a midfield and a big lump at the back and upfront.

I've got faith in the young team all we need is some steel and we should be fine ??

If MM does what he is apparently good at - improving players- there could be quite a few surprises this season. I think Harry Lennon may be one of them. He has all the attributes to be a good centre-back - height and speed - but has been injury prone and short of confidence.

Back