• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman completes move to Queens Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, do you like anyone? ?
I like players who perform for southend united and after last season underperformers have no place at blues,mark molsley needs players who want to be here and will play for the badge week in week out and feel privileged to play for southend united earning a living from somthing they love doing

I like players who perform for southend united and after last season underperformers have no place at blues,mark molsley needs players who want to be here and will play for the badge week in week out and feel privileged to play for southend united earning a living from somthing they love doing

Please give it a rest Shrimpet. You have made your view of Charlie very clear and your reasons for that view many, many times. Why keep repeating it? You have to accept that most of us don't agree with you. So move on, just as Charlie will.

Have you ever done any sort of sport? Being out of form doesn't mean you don't care, it just means you're out of form.

They will still have played football for a living and at a level people like us can only dream of!!!
I think this says it all. How would people feel if someone was watching them work and picking every fault in what they do? Can only assume these OTT critics who decide what’s fact based on erm......very little tbh, are either ex players who know the levels required and have the talent to judge .. or they’re ****ing amazing at their own jobs .. trust me Charlie isn’t a player you should be annoyed at. He deserves good wishes and that’s what he gets from me.

Don’t underestimate how much value young players put in seeing Southend United sell our young stars upwards. There is a clear path to the first team and if you do well, the club will sell you on for a fair price.

For all the stick Ron gets (often rightly) his support for the academy and it’s fantastic staff is a real feather in his cap. He knows how to get a fair deal and when the time is right to sell.

CK has more than earned this move (he hasn’t played because the club made the right call to protect the ‘asset’) and in doing so he will ensure our clubs survival. He goes with my thanks and best wishes.

Bishop - Manchester United (!!!)
Yearwood - Brentford
Hutchinson - Derby
Kelman - QPR

I believe a combined gauranteed £1.2m with plenty more available in add ons. It’s some record.

Please give it a rest Shrimpet. You have made your view of Charlie very clear and your reasons for that view many, many times. Why keep repeating it? You have to accept that most of us don't agree with you. So move on, just as Charlie will.
If you're suggesting Shrimpet goes to QPR as a supporter... I endorse.

Sorry to see CK go but it's best for all concerned.We won't know for how much hopefully if he improves at QPR we will get decent add ons in the future.
It happens to all lower league clubs up and down the country selling their assets it's a way of survival

Great news for the boy, and for the club. Another youngster on to bigger and better things, more money in the bank in addition to some more Ronald olympic level financial gymnastics and we may just be able to add a few more to the squad in a couple of weeks. EIEIEIO

I think this says it all. How would people feel if someone was watching them work and picking every fault in what they do? Can only assume these OTT critics who decide what’s fact based on erm......very little tbh, are either ex players who know the levels required and have the talent to judge .. or they’re ****ing amazing at their own jobs .. trust me Charlie isn’t a player you should be annoyed at. He deserves good wishes and that’s what he gets from me.

I’m showing this to my boss and telling him to back off !

Really ****ed off that MM and Ron have lied to us for weeks about CK's situation. A few weeks back it's all we know that communication with fans needs to be improved followed numerous waffle statements from Ron and then we get a pack of lies everyweek from MM about why CK isn't in the squad. We're all grown ups and realise players come and go it's not a problem just be honest with us

Really ****ed off that MM and Ron have lied to us for weeks about CK's situation. A few weeks back it's all we know that communication with fans needs to be improved followed numerous waffle statements from Ron and then we get a pack of lies everyweek from MM about why CK isn't in the squad. We're all grown ups and realise players come and go it's not a problem just be honest with us

Really ?
I’m all for communicating in general but matters related to individuals and ongoing transfer negotiations need to be done first privately before our fans are told surely ?

This thread has undoubtedly got the most agile title I have ever know. In fact I would go as far as to say it's now organic. The slightest change and the title morphs again. Superb!

So you would rather the club lied to you for weeks on end than told you the truth?

I would.
Ron could have come out and said that we really need to sell CK else we can’t pay our tax bill and we go under.
Or
He could say, I can cover the tax bill from elsewhere, effectively so we don’t need to sell CK.

One is honest. One doesn’t diminish your bargaining needs and destroy any credit rating you may have left.

This thread has undoubtedly got the most agile title I have ever know. In fact I would go as far as to say it's now organic. The slightest change and the title morphs again. Superb!

Bit like the club's explanation of CK's situation, from one week he didn't train the last couple of days to the next it's he took a knock to the knee, it's 99% bull****!

I would.
Ron could have come out and said that we really need to sell CK else we can’t pay our tax bill and we go under.
Or
He could say, I can cover the tax bill from elsewhere, effectively so we don’t need to sell CK.

One is honest. One doesn’t diminish your bargaining needs and destroy any credit rating you may have left.

So in the era of improved communication with the fans being fed a pack of lies is ok. Literally couldn't make it up

Bit like the club's explanation of CK's situation, from one week he didn't train the last couple of days to the next it's he took a knock to the knee, it's 99% bull****!

Can't see any quotes from Molesley about this. In fact, his stance and comments have been fairly consistent.

So you are right. It is bull**** and also didn't happen.

These events are no surprise.
Leaving him out of the squad for the game against Morecambe was a big hint as to what was in store but his omission from the team versus Portsmouth made no sense at all unless a decision had been made to sell him.
The fact is that right now our hand is forced, and, we cannot afford any other course of action.
Charlie, in the event that you, or, anyone close to you, reads any of the stuff on here, I wish you the very best in your future. I would also would like to place on record my thanks for the contribution you have made to Southend United. Although last season was terrible I did at least derive great enjoyment from watching us on I Follow against Lincoln and Bristol Rovers. You were a star in both games scoring in each of them thus leaving me and many other supporters with some great memories.
I hope you score so many goals for QPR that the only team that can then afford to buy you are Real Madrid thus guaranteeing us a huge windfall!
Following your departure let us hope the Club can be placed on a stronger more sustainable footing so that we can hang on a little longer to the next potential star that comes through the ranks.
I was going to write 'hang on to the next Charlie Kelman that comes through the ranks', but, I cannot say that as I think most on here would agree with me that 'There is only one Charlie Kelman!'.
Once again good luck....I and many others on here will be following your progress with great interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back