• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlie Kelman completes move to Queens Park Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever done any sort of sport? Being out of form doesn't mean you don't care, it just means you're out of form.
I know what form is i just dont rate the player and cant believe Qpr want to sign him on the back of many poor performances.

Don’t underestimate how much value young players put in seeing Southend United sell our young stars upwards. There is a clear path to the first team and if you do well, the club will sell you on for a fair price.

For all the stick Ron gets (often rightly) his support for the academy and it’s fantastic staff is a real feather in his cap. He knows how to get a fair deal and when the time is right to sell.

CK has more than earned this move (he hasn’t played because the club made the right call to protect the ‘asset’) and in doing so he will ensure our clubs survival. He goes with my thanks and best wishes.

Bishop - Manchester United (!!!)
Yearwood - Brentford
Hutchinson - Derby
Kelman - QPR

I believe a combined gauranteed £1.2m with plenty more available in add ons. It’s some record.
Bishop young but will never play for Manchester united.
Yearwood lost form downed tools went to brentford and hardley played a game.
Hutchinson wont ever make derbys first team could barely handle league 2.
Kelmen,still young enough to progress but from what ive seen wont break into Qpr team and they have signed macaulay bonne anyway,sulker and lazy.
But very good business by ron and done whats right for blues.

I know what form is i just dont rate the player and cant believe Qpr want to sign him on the back of many poor performances.
They have probably watched him for some time and consider it's worth a punt considering he is off form and the club is skint

Don’t underestimate how much value young players put in seeing Southend United sell our young stars upwards. There is a clear path to the first team and if you do well, the club will sell you on for a fair price.

For all the stick Ron gets (often rightly) his support for the academy and it’s fantastic staff is a real feather in his cap. He knows how to get a fair deal and when the time is right to sell.

CK has more than earned this move (he hasn’t played because the club made the right call to protect the ‘asset’) and in doing so he will ensure our clubs survival. He goes with my thanks and best wishes.

Yearwood - Brentford
Hutchinson - Derby
Kelman - QPR

I believe a combined gauranteed £1.2m with plenty more available in add ons. It’s some record.
Totally agree here. It's great for the continued long-term progress of the academy and it's a much needed cash boost.

I've no idea how much CK will go for now, I can't help but think he'd be worth more if he stayed a season here and got 10-15 goals, but in the big picture, this is another step forwards for the academy and for SUFC.

Kelmen,still young enough to progress but from what ive seen wont break into Qpr team and they have signed macaulay bonne anyway,sulker and lazy.

Can i borrow your crystal ball. You seem to know the future

Can i borrow your crystal ball. You seem to know the future
I think we got good money for these and dont think they will go on and be as good as most think,yearwood has definitely shown that,bishop had no choice but to take up manutds offer but when i see likes of romero wanting to leave man utd and hes third choice i rest my case! The other 2 are young but ive seen nothing from either one to prove they have what it takes for us let alone champ football! I hope they proof me wrong.

So in the era of improved communication with the fans being fed a pack of lies is ok. Literally couldn't make it up
If you were organising a surprise birthday gift/ party/holiday and she got wind of it and asked you what was going on would you : tell a little white lie to put here of the scent and make the surprise all the better for her or , Or say if an not tell a lie, fess up to her this,diminishing the impact of the gift?

Yearwood - Brentford
Hutchinson - Derby
Kelman - QPR

I feel the opposite. Why heavily invest in a strategy when the core infrastructure is abysmal?

We build up good youth players who are forced to play before they are ready killing their confidence/we don't see the best out (and the club has woeful performance at the same time).

Then we have to sell off at discount as the players don't want to be at the club.

Personally I want to watch Southend win games. I get no joy out of losing but saying its ok cause they are from our academy.

Disaster all round in my opinion.

Mark Warburton, the QPR manager, has a fine track record as a manager and has a real eye for a player. He has seen enough in Charlie Kelman to know he is the 'real deal'. Charlie does not have to be great form for that to happen. In fact, it works the other way for all capable managers. It is much cheaper to buy a young player with enormous potential who is struggling for form than it is to buy a player that is playing out of their skin and attracting the attention of virtually every other scout. One of Southend's best ever players, Billy Best, struggled to get a game at Northampton but his goalscoring became a legend at Southend. Don't be surprised if Charlie starts banging them in at QPR in the not distant future. He is a really exceptional talent whose career is poised to take off. And Warburton is confident he can make it happen.

So in the era of improved communication with the fans being fed a pack of lies is ok. Literally couldn't make it up
No. It’s not ok. But the problem is with saying he will keep people updated weekly, not the handling of the kelman situation. He lasted one week, before handing over to the commercial guy and then a gap week to follow. It’s not the first time he’s done this and I’d be surprised if it’s the last.

Yearwood suffered hamstring & hip injuries in May & November of 2018

Yearwood has earned a lucrative transfer to MLS.

Bishop is training with some of the best players in the world and could make the bench in the premiership.

Hutch is being managed by one legend of the game whilst training with and learning from another.

I'm sure they are all gutted about you not thinking they are good enough but at least they have got themselves into a position to find out. That's the funny thing about success, you have to put yourself in a position to fail.

Anyway as for Charlie, he might not make it but he stands a better chance of finding out what needs improving by moving to a championship side than fighting relegation in L2

I doubt there’s not a single one of us, me included, that didn’t hope to see a Southend United side, pushing towards the championship at the top of league 1, in a new stadium, with Bish in goal, Clifford and Elvis flying up the wings, Hutch, Dru and Gard bossing the midfield driving us on as a high scoring free flowing footballing side with CK and Emile smashing defenders all over the place as they plunder goal after goal...

Amazing to think of that team... Sadly we are towards the lower end of the foot chain. Even to get as close are were have been to a homegrown XI is still an accomplishment.

at the risk of stopping just going round in circles my mate who supports QPR has speculated that there's a chance we could get Aramide Oteh as part of the deal, though nothing more than speculation. He's reasonably big and, more importantly, I signed him for £375k on Football Manager and is pretty good.

We need the money, he wants to go and (through no fault of his own) is not what we need right now. Good luck Charlie, hope you smash it. Now let’s pay some debts and move on......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back