• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Cheltenham Town

What does it matter what i think the team should be?....it's up to Mark M, he's got to rearrange the chairs on the Titanic.
Here's my take on who wouldn't be playing.....Ox, although what i have seen of Seaden he hasn't trained on to be good enough yet...loan keeper required!
Acquah would not be anywhere near the first team and nor would Egbri......as for Macca, first boat back to where he came from...what is the point of these old age cripples?
What a great phrase that is Wiggy !

What does it matter what i think the team should be?....it's up to Mark M, he's got to rearrange the chairs on the Titanic.
Here's my take on who wouldn't be playing.....Ox, although what i have seen of Seaden he hasn't trained on to be good enough yet...loan keeper required!
Acquah would not be anywhere near the first team and nor would Egbri......as for Macca, first boat back to where he came from...what is the point of these old age cripples?
Macca was always a long shot, but we get in who we can in our current position. He’s got a winning mentality so I just pray we can get him fit enough to make a difference. I’d take 5 Macca’s over 1 Kiernan.

Macca was always a long shot, but we get in who we can in our current position. He’s got a winning mentality so I just pray we can get him fit enough to make a difference. I’d take 5 Macca’s over 1 Kiernan.
Aren’t you supposed to say that the other way around ?
No, I reckon that's right that way round. If we had five Maccas he would always be fit and available.

Standing up is one thing we struggled with yesterday.

Paul Clarke made an interesting comment concerning the amount of times our players kept slipping over.
He said when he was playing, the players used to venture onto the pitch pre game, to access the pitch condition & determine what studs they should use on their boots?.

Paul Clarke made an interesting comment concerning the amount of times our players kept slipping over.
He said when he was playing, the players used to venture onto the pitch pre game, to access the pitch condition & determine what studs they should use on their boots?.
Paul Clark, who I think is a good summariser, mentions "the basics" all the time. Granted, they're a lot easier to point out in a team playing poorly, with a lot of inexperience, but "the basics" are a big part of his shtick.

Paul Clark, who I think is a good summariser, mentions "the basics" all the time. Granted, they're a lot easier to point out in a team playing poorly, with a lot of inexperience, but "the basics" are a big part of his shtick.
I think his role is primarily to offer technical advice/criticism based upon his great experience. One person with a guaranteed job for the foreseeable......

It was bad - and a whistle-happy ref made the opening 20 minutes virtually unwatchable - but the good news is that we probably won't face another team who presses us as well as Cheltenham.

That was the first time this season that I felt we'd taken a step backwards as we clamber out of a hole towards respectability. It was inevitable that we'd encounter setbacks along the way, it's now a case of do we see a reaction tomorrow at Salford? A better display then and this is a game we can forget. The worry will be if it's the same again.

I think we lost this game because I forgot to set my PC mouse back to glow dark blue setting. We drew the last two games whilst it was like this. Saturday it was purple.

So sorry it was my fault. I promise that tomorrow, during the Salford game, it will be sporting a nice dark blue hue.

It was bad - and a whistle-happy ref made the opening 20 minutes virtually unwatchable - but the good news is that we probably won't face another team who presses us as well as Cheltenham.

That was the first time this season that I felt we'd taken a step backwards as we clamber out of a hole towards respectability. It was inevitable that we'd encounter setbacks along the way, it's now a case of do we see a reaction tomorrow at Salford? A better display then and this is a game we can forget. The worry will be if it's the same again.

really ? Every scout watching will make their team set up to do exactly what Cheltenham did ...

Sure, but they won't execute it as well as Cheltenham did.

Sadly they won’t need to.

We executed it superbly at Swindon in the Prossergate match but the difference was that after 20 minutes Swindon completely changed their tactics. They stopped fannying around with it In their own half, pushed forward and turned 0-2 into 4-2.

Luke was Brown’s scapegoat and iirc he never played for us again.

I think we lost this game because I forgot to set my PC mouse back to glow dark blue setting. We drew the last two games whilst it was like this. Saturday it was purple.

So sorry it was my fault. I promise that tomorrow, during the Salford game, it will be sporting a nice dark blue hue.

Thanks for relieving me of my sole guilt for this one, Gazza. I can now 'fess up to not being able to find my lucky 'Southend blue' jocks which I'd worn during the games that we accrued points. Still haven't seen them in the washing runs lately, so I'm a bit worried for tonight too. Or should that be I'm even more worried for tonight too?

Back