• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Tranmere Rovers 2-0 Southend United

We sign a manager who has been managing the dog and duck fc and bought with him his bin man, his best mates brothers cousin as gk coach and someone who once got Rushden and Diamonds into the championship playoffs in champ manager 98/99.
He got those promoted into the division just below us.

What did we expect. We sign a manager who has been managing the dog and duck fc and bought with him his bin man, his best mates brothers cousin as gk coach and someone who once got Rushden and Diamonds into the championship playoffs in champ manager 98/99. We have made horrendous signings with our permanent signings, absolute crocks, who have a history of being crocks - despite being at a time where the free transfer market has a wider selection of players than ever before due to covid. Im realistic enough to know that even Jurgen Klopp wouldn't keep us up with these players but by christ we are making it hard with continual basic errors.

We should of gone for a manager who has experience at this level of keeping clubs up to whether the storm, we should have backroom staff with league experience and we should not, given the recent years of poor due diligence on players, be signing people who have spent more time on the treatment table than Katie Price!

Sounds like Paul Sturrock.

How can we keep getting these managerial appointments so terribly wrong?

I notice that the knives are sharpening, come xmas time i think the knives will become razors if we dont start getting some results.

Christmas? You’re optimistic. I can hear the distinct sound of metal being sharpened already.

If you look at the evidence we are a very very poor side .In fact the worst side in the history of the club .Its upsetting whats happening and how will we get out of this rut

I disagree; there is not one team we have played so far that I felt were a lot better than us and played is off the park.

It's the small margins (last minute worldly against Exeter, clear penalties not given against Salford and Tramere) and individual errors that are costing us.

I disagree; there is not one team we have played so far that I felt were a lot better than us and played is off the park.

It's the small margins (last minute worldly against Exeter, clear penalties not given against Salford and Tramere) and individual errors that are costing us.

That Exeter goal may prove to be more important than we realised at the time. Who knows what 3 points woukd have done for the boys. Knocked the wind out of our sails of weekly improvement

people can say we are improving and that we aren't being played off the park......but the fact is we are still letting in silly goals and even if its an unlucky deflection or a goal against the run of play we are not good enough to score

we are poor and the results and league position reflect this ……..yes we may be able to bring in more players with experience but we still need good leadership to get the results

we was **** last season and the season before and we only just stayed then

We were all over Tranmere for that 25 mins until Peter Clarkes goal, We played some excellent stuff and better than I can remember for some time and then that fateful set piece goal. Its a big problem, I counted 5 key set pieces or corners against us, where we didnt get to any of the balls and were outjumped , out thought or they had a clear header,. Keep that up and as others have said ,we will lose a goal a game,

Upfront young Emile had 7 balls played up to his head, he didnt win any of them Still preferring him there though as our only hope at holding the ball up, but hes not great off the ground

Apart from not being able to score, its also telling when we take set pieces and defend them in the sense that the percentages are massively against us. In defence other teams have been loading 6 or 7 players directly into our box, indeed at times there are equal numbers. When we take a set piece into the opponents box for the second week running I notice we are vastly outnumbered, on one occasion we just had 4 players stretched across the penalty box up against 8 defenders. Whats your chances of scoring in that scenario?

Percentage's count, so whats our game plan on that front? Statistically for example Coaches know that a goal will come on average from 11 crosses into the box, not for us though we dont usually manage half of that
And apart from the appalling fluke goal, I thought we would nick it or at least draw, At some stage we are surely going to get two daft penalties in one game in our favour? thats if lady luck really does even out
Elvis was much better, Clifford looked fitter and back to his best, Olayinka and Taylor looking good and will get better, ANG did well.

Agreed OBL, he is always a pain in the nether regions when he plays against us:Smile:
Clarke, despite his age and lack of pace, epitomises exactly what we are missing. A gnarled old pro who knows exactly how to handle a centre forward, especially a raw one like Acquah. The other vital part of his game is to quickly judge what the ref will allow him to get away with. None of our centre backs have that nous, and their naivety is costing us every game.

Clarke, despite his age and lack of pace, epitomises exactly what we are missing. A gnarled old pro who knows exactly how to handle a centre forward, especially a raw one like Acquah. The other vital part of his game is to quickly judge what the ref will allow him to get away with. None of our centre backs have that nous, and their naivety is costing us every game.

Exactly this. What's Efe up to these days? Can he come and do some work with them?

The set piece that resulted in their first goal should be studied and analysed by the management team. It was an exemplary kick that hung in the air and caused uncertainty in our defence. In the second half Clifford took a free kick in an identical position and hit it much flatter making it easy to defend. Molesley & co should look at that as well, compare and start implementing the obvious lessons.

If we lose to Oldham on Tuesday and our debts is not paid off by Wednesday night, it’s will be an full blown riots.

Reactions: GBJ

Tom Eastman played well for us alongside the experienced and more vocal Luke Prosser, now Luke has sadly left we have replaced him with ex Ipswich and New Zealand international Tommy Smith still only 30, who has done really well. Some players experienced or not do benefit from a more vocal player playing alongside them.

The other vital part of his game is to quickly judge what the ref will allow him to get away with.

Your old “mate” Karl Duguid was a master at that:Winking:

Sorry, but I think we would still be playing expecting to get a result out of Cheltenham.
I've seen some one-sided games, but that second half would easily make my top 10.

That Exeter goal may prove to be more important than we realised at the time. Who knows what 3 points woukd have done for the boys. Knocked the wind out of our sails of weekly improvement

I think we realised at the time how important that goal by Fisher would prove to be. To have defeated a good team like Exeter would have done wonders for our confidence, instead a creditable draw felt like a defeat. If only Taylor hadn't decided to have that shot.......?

Back