• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that MM contract would have a performance clause ? but we dont know what was promised by RM which could make it very difficult to replace, but why did RM agree to bring all his mates to the club ??? RM and MM are both out of their depths and I think RM has given up on the football side and will be gone once planning is approved and he can sell the sites with planning permission, because that is his business

Who's fault is it we don't have any strikers? Moseley brought in Sterling; why not someone more of a target man (shouldn't just be looking at Prem U23, about Championship or League One loanees that are more use to the physical side of the game).

On paper our defence shouldn't be poor. Elvis, Clifford, Lennon, Dieng and Hobson are quite capable at this level, and what has happened to MMN who looked ok last season, yet can't get ahead of Taylor!

The midfield isn't that inexperienced and your talk about a goalkeeper low on confidence; shouldn't a manager sort that out?
Have you considered that cheap Premier League loanees are all that we can afford? Why would strikers with Championship and League 1 experience come on loan here? Can you name any experienced Championship and L1 strikers that have come on loan to bottom 6 L2 clubs?

Clifford is weak defensively, as is Elvis. Lennon is playing through injury, and I’m not sure what’s given you the impression that Dieng is a ‘capable’ defender.

Olayinka has 1 EFL appearance, Kyle Taylor has 6 and Egbri has a handful from last season. Apart from Demetriou (who won’t be fit to start every game) how on earth is our midfield not inexperienced?

The last few managers haven’t been able to regain Oxley’s confidence. What makes you think it’s so easy for a manager to just magically make a GK become confident again? It isn’t that simple, especially when Oxley doesn’t want to be here.

We can’t change the players until January — something has to change - unfortunately it has to be the manager again.

I think his big mistake has been bringing all his old mates with him instead of finding an experienced assistant. Why was Lee Harrison let go? Cambridge Utd seem to be doing OK with Gary Waddock.
Mark Bonner is the Cambridge manager

I've never understood the protection given to contracts in football.

In the real world and real jobs, you can't perform that badly and not get the sack. Not sure why pay offs are required.

Have you considered that cheap Premier League loanees are all that we can afford? Why would strikers with Championship and League 1 experience come on loan here? Can you name any experienced Championship and L1 strikers that have come on loan to bottom 6 L2 clubs?

Clifford is weak defensively, as is Elvis. Lennon is playing through injury, and I’m not sure what’s given you the impression that Dieng is a ‘capable’ defender.

Olayinka has 1 EFL appearance, Kyle Taylor has 6 and Egbri has a handful from last season. Apart from Demetriou (who won’t be fit to start every game) how on earth is our midfield not inexperienced?

The last few managers haven’t been able to regain Oxley’s confidence. What makes you think it’s so easy for a manager to just magically make a GK become confident again? It isn’t that simple, especially when Oxley doesn’t want to be here.
Let’s face it Ron has made serious mistakes in appointing managers since Brown. Has he done it again with his grandiose scheme of rebuilding the club with an inexperienced manager and an expensive backup team ? If he has we are in trouble because the cost of removing them must be considerable. Seems to me it would have far more sensible and cheaper to appoint a grizzled Division 2 manager and coach but hindsight is a wonderful gift.

Mark Bonner is the Cambridge manager

What I said was that Molesley needs an experienced assistant and referenced Waddock at Cambridge as an experienced assistant to a young inexperienced manager- Mark Bonner who is 34.

I've never understood the protection given to contracts in football.

In the real world and real jobs, you can't perform that badly and not get the sack. Not sure why pay offs are required.

Because you've agreed to pay them until a certain date. In the real world it is unlikely to get a settlement as contracts mostly don't have fixed points

just sounds like a list of poor excuses ...

wrong decison not to deal with keeper situation

wrong decision to get inexperienced centre mids in

just sounds like a list of poor excuses ...

wrong decison not to deal with keeper situation

wrong decision to get inexperienced centre mids in

It's not an excuse when he's literally hamstrung and this is what we can afford because of RM

I spoke with a friend today who played for Port Vale yesterday and he said Oxley was our best player by a mile and kept us in the game....

Funny what opposition see different to our own fans...

made a couple of saves ...

threw the ball to th eoppositon and is a calamity with any ball into the box ..

only gave away one goal ... better than usual ...

He threw it to the halfway line!! In fact he did what most people on here wanted him to stop doing and chose NOT to roll it short to either Hobson or Dieng and saw Elvis on the run. Elvis actually completely misread the flight of the ball (that travelled 60 yards in the air!!) and kept running while the PV centre back saw it early and moved towards it and intercepted it! It was in effect a misplaced long pass - which outfield players do 20 / 30 times a game in open play.

The goal was really poor defending from Lennon who not only lost his man but also lost the flight of the ball!! In fact my mate couldn’t believe how off it Lennon was as he’s a player he’s played with and rated highly!

He made several saves, one or two prevented certain goals.

Easy target though so fill your boots

He threw it to the halfway line!! In fact he did what most people on here wanted him to stop doing and chose NOT to roll it short to either Hobson or Dieng and saw Elvis on the run. Elvis actually completely misread the flight of the ball (that travelled 60 yards in the air!!) and kept running while the PV centre back saw it early and moved towards it and intercepted it! It was in effect a misplaced long pass - which outfield players do 20 / 30 times a game in open play.

The goal was really poor defending from Lennon who not only lost his man but also lost the flight of the ball!! In fact my mate couldn’t believe how off it Lennon was as he’s a player he’s played with and rated highly!

He made several saves, one or two prevented certain goals.

Easy target though so fill your boots

anyway - arguing won't get us any points ..

would a new manager ?

they often do

I have no idea if it is any sort of option but could RM bring in someone alongside MM on a short term contract to help out. An experienced lower league manager who may have some contacts we could use. It would probably be seen as undermining MM but if it kept us in the league would be good for everyone ?

I have no idea if it is any sort of option but could RM bring in someone alongside MM on a short term contract to help out. An experienced lower league manager who may have some contacts we could use. It would probably be seen as undermining MM but if it kept us in the league would be good for everyone ?
That idea makes sense to me, but as you said completely undermines MM, so cant see that happening.

Should have been that way when he was first appointed, a Paul Brush type.

Even the most optimistic Blues fan knows we're going to get relegated, we have poor manager, team and chairman and we deserve nothing less.

I agree, we are a toxic cesspit of a football club. But no wins in 13 is inexcusable, also the football is awful, and some of the decisions he makes are bizarre. Paul Sturrock got dealt a worse hand and still got results.
Paul Sturrock was dealt a much kinder hand imo. He was able to bring in whoever he liked and he did. Plus a few on decent wages - he also unearthed some inexpensive gems like Mohsni and Hall - but he had a much more appealing job. He was able to build a brand new team. I think he signed about 25 players that first season! MM has been allowed to bring in loanees, two or three on very low wages and has been left with twenty players so used to losing that it is going to take months for us to see even the dimmest of lights shining for the future.

So do we go to 15 losses? 20 25? Or just carry on and dont worry about.it....

Sprinkling your squad with prem U23s was his key at weymouth, not working now though.

In normal circumstances i would want to give anyone time. But this is one the most important seasons we've ever had. Questions need asking.
Personally, I think that if anything would make us look more of a joke than we currently are it’s sacking our brand new manager who we spent nearly two months appointing - and our fifth manager in four years. Give him fifteen games, maybe twenty...who knows, maybe more? He may get there. This squad man for man is easily the worst in this division. This won’t take ten games to turn around, hopefully we’ll start seeing some real progress after twenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back