• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The right man would have been McGreal in my opinion - he wanted job, has extensive knowledge of lower leagues, (and region) used to working within tight budgets and promoting youth players into the first team squad (and wouldn't have wanted to bring in extensive team with him either)

He actually had experience of league management and know all about clubs in League 2 which would have given a much better chance of getting the right set-up with players from the start. I'd say it would have been highly likely he'd have got some better results that MM

I don’t know enough about him to say whether he’d have been any good or not tbh. What was his record like for you’s? Did he have any examples of picking diamonds from the rough? And what was his demeanour like when the going eventually got tough?

One thing I do know, if he’d started as bad as MM has, the reaction would have been a lot more hostil

I'm not sure whether MM is the right man or the wrong man for the job, but could anyone else do better with this group of players? My biggest issue is that we've only had 19 shots on target in 10 games, which clearly shows our main problem. It's obvious to everyone, you can't win games if you don't score goals! There is no goal threat, no creativity, and we clearly can't defend. It's really not a good mix.

I don’t know enough about him to say whether he’d have been any good or not tbh. What was his record like for you’s? Did he have any examples of picking diamonds from the rough? And what was his demeanour like when the going eventually got tough?

One thing I do know, if he’d started as bad as MM has, the reaction would have been a lot more hostil

His record was "ok" - last season better, he took us to play-offs (via PPG etc) where we lost second leg to Exeter and obviously had good cup run where we beat Palace and Spurs but ultimately he underachieved in some respects with a good squad (in comparison with rest of division) for a couple of seasons prior

Playing style was ok - preferred to be counter attacking team and was a bit defence first. Infuriating late to make substitutions was a common gripe. Recruitment is hard to say as we have DoF structure so he didn't get final say really as that was managed by Tony Humes and rest of staff but he certainly gave some youth players a good run.

I think he was a good coach from what we heard and quite hand's on (polar opposite to Sol for example) and never seemed to hear any rumblings of discontent, was fairly positive in press etc. I think he's a good lower league Manager though, hope he gets another chance somewhere soon

See Tranmere have sacked their manager because they only have 9 points so far ........be surprised if we have that tally before Feb.
Well that's two managers down !

His record was "ok" - last season better, he took us to play-offs (via PPG etc) where we lost second leg to Exeter and obviously had good cup run where we beat Palace and Spurs but ultimately he underachieved in some respects with a good squad (in comparison with rest of division) for a couple of seasons prior

Playing style was ok - preferred to be counter attacking team and was a bit defence first. Infuriating late to make substitutions was a common gripe. Recruitment is hard to say as we have DoF structure so he didn't get final say really as that was managed by Tony Humes and rest of staff but he certainly gave some youth players a good run.

I think he was a good coach from what we heard and quite hand's on (polar opposite to Sol for example) and never seemed to hear any rumblings of discontent, was fairly positive in press etc. I think he's a good lower league Manager though, hope he gets another chance somewhere soon

I think I recall hearing he was close to his players, and made time for them in order to build a good working relationship.

Whether that could have worked here and he could have got more from our current crop, or if he could have brought in better players (considering our troubles at bringing players in) is anyone’s guess.

I really doubt if we can afford to sack MM. Our results have been terrible but it is my opinion that a lot of this has been beyond his control.
I think there are more than a few extenuating circumstances b
why is it 7 contracts he has to pay ,if he sacks just MM and retains the others,If they were to go surely it would be of their own choosing not RMs.
Seriously? You think any incoming manager will accept some else's choices as their coaches? It will not happen.

why is it 7 contracts he has to pay ,if he sacks just MM and retains the others,If they were to go surely it would be of their own choosing not RMs.
If they have contracts they are going to need paying

I think I recall hearing he was close to his players, and made time for them in order to build a good working relationship.

Whether that could have worked here and he could have got more from our current crop, or if he could have brought in better players (considering our troubles at bringing players in) is anyone’s guess.

Difficult when the man has an accusation of racism against his name.

I agree with what u are saying,But as ive said before its a results business and we arent getting any and although we dont have the players its the manager unfortunately who carries the can.And he has signed a load of players who aren't good enough and are not fit?

Please use whole words, not text talk.

I think we do have the players to be getting better results. And whilst we may be developing to a long term plan at the moment either the players aren't getting the best out of the system, the system is not getting the best out of the players, or both..

That said I was pleased to hear that RM was so supportive of MM last night, once you commit to a relationship in the way both have then time needs to be given and hope it takes some pressure off.

I was also interested to hear the comments regarding player recruitment at the moment- and understand the argument. Nearly all free agents will not have played since March and will have had no pre-season. They probably wouldn't be up to speed until Jan- and I guess Akinola kind of validates this. In Jan you can bring in players fit and ready to go and there seems to be a commitment to invest.

The issue regarding how attractive a proposition we are stands- which is why we need to get the best out of what we have to improve our position at the time. If this goes with progress on the ground and lifting of embargoes then maybe the situation there will improve.

Nothing however will be more helpful than a win tonight!

Difficult when the man has an accusation of racism against his name.

Are you suggesting McGreal has an accusation of Racism against his name? (if not perhaps you should clarify exactly what you mean) as that is not something I've previously heard or been made aware

Totally agree mate. Was trying to work out how Sturrock was dealt a worse hand as that wasn’t how I remember it. I’ve said before that it’s not really fair to judge MM until the embargo is lifted and he has freedom to recruit. I stick by that.

Sturrock inherited 3 players. Anthony Grant - a player superior to anyone currently on our books - Matt Paterson and Scott Spencer, who were both sent out on loan after Christmas. That meant he had the budget in August to sign Morris, Evans, Clohessy, Gilbert, Barker, Phillips, Coughlan, Prosser, Mohsni, Simpson (loan), Zaaboub, Soares, Hall, Corr, Blair Sturrock.

Molesley was allowed to make 2 signings before the season started: Jordan Green (loan) and Shaun Hobson. Later he was allowed to sign McCormack (although we all know that was Ron) and Akinola who have both been injured for all but 60 minutes and Nathaniel-George who is still getting up to fitness plus 3 youngsters from Prem clubs who had played 3 games in men's football between them.

Think fagen would of been better appointment and would brought colin calderwood who knows this league. Not saying they would of done lot better but do believe we would of picked up few more points. Hope MM proves me wrong.

Knowing the league didn't help him at Cambridge - won 15, drawn 17, lost 29 and they won't have been in as bad a situation as we were in.

Remember how bad the team was last year?

Since then we've lost Milligan, Kelman, Humprhys, McLaughlin, Hutchinson and, through injury, Lewis Gard.

The players we've brought into replace them have essentially been injured/not fit or have had 3 games of senior football between them.

Lee Harrison had developed Bentley and Bishop - Oxley is a no hoper. Both Seaden and Taylor are potentially just as good as Bentley and Bishop let’s hope their development doesn’t falter.

Bishop had a lot of potential but I'm not sure how developed that talent was.

I must say that I don't understand why he was allowed to bring such a large team in with him, seems ridiculous that they come as a package.

Because, with the single exception of the GK Coach Harrison, the previous incumbents of those positions had all left and there was nobody in those roles when Molesley was appointed.

Manager
Assistant Manager
First Team Coach
Goalkeeping Coach
Chief Analyst
Chief Scout

I thought that was Wayne Brown who had a bit of a shady political past?
Yeah, that’s true unfortunately and the reason why a lot of fans didn’t want him considered for the managers job unless his previous comments or alleged association with a racist organization where properly addressed or explained.

none of that applies to McGreal as far as I’m aware so would invite Rigsby to clarify or retract that accusation as it’s grossly unfair (if not potentially legally dangerous for him and or this site?)

Loose 7 or 8 tonight he has to go he has to its worse than bond ffs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back