• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if it is any sort of option but could RM bring in someone alongside MM on a short term contract to help out. An experienced lower league manager who may have some contacts we could use. It would probably be seen as undermining MM but if it kept us in the league would be good for everyone ?
Having nightmarish visions of Big Ron Football Manager.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so forgive me if I am repeating anyone but does anyone seriously believe that MM could be doing any better at the moment?

Chris Phillips tweeted that Bwomono was the THIRD most experienced player for us. He's played 100 games and is only 21! If that doesn't show everyone where we are as a squad at the moment, I don't know what will.

We are an inexperienced squad at the moment and MM is trying to get them to learn as quickly as possible, but it is not something you can rush.

Factor in that we also had 6 months without football and then a rushed pre season (none of which was MM's fault!) and he is also already on the back foot with it all.

We desperately need to bring some experience in both at the back and up front as we have no nous in either box. Hopefully Akinola and White can bring something we need, even just to get a couple results to get a little confidence.

just sounds like a list of poor excuses ...

wrong decison not to deal with keeper situation

wrong decision to get inexperienced centre mids in
We brought in an experienced centre mid and he has played 1 game because he is old and injury prone. You see we have 2 options- old/injury prone players, or inexperienced players. How hard is that to comprehend? Why would an experienced centre mid with no injury/age issue come to the worst team in the Football League and one of the least financially reliable teams?

Kyle Taylor and Olayinka have been much better signings than McCormack but you think the mistake was signing them and not McCormack? What good is experience when they’re never going to be fit enough to play more than 60 minutes every few weeks?

I very much doubt Martin would sack him, that's 7 contracts to pay off .
Does anyone think Martin is preparing for non league football ,he would no doubt prefer it as it will be a lot cheaper
why is it 7 contracts he has to pay ,if he sacks just MM and retains the others,If they were to go surely it would be of their own choosing not RMs.

why is it 7 contracts he has to pay ,if he sacks just MM and retains the others,If they were to go surely it would be of their own choosing not RMs.
Maybe because any half decent new manager would want his own management team. Maybe he wouldn't want all of them gone, but 2 or 3 of them... and it would be financially disastrous paying off MM alone.

Let’s face it Ron has made serious mistakes in appointing managers since Brown. Has he done it again with his grandiose scheme of rebuilding the club with an inexperienced manager and an expensive backup team ? If he has we are in trouble because the cost of removing them must be considerable. Seems to me it would have far more sensible and cheaper to appoint a grizzled Division 2 manager and coach but hindsight is a wonderful gift.

You just made that up though. You have zero idea how much someone is paid?

I would guess that because they have come from a long way down the football pyramid then they would be cheaper than most options.
Where they even full time in their last roles? Or did they all have other academy/coaching jobs?

I must say that I don't understand why he was allowed to bring such a large team in with him, seems ridiculous that they come as a package.

Most likely all on a combined salary less than Sol...but almost definitely less than Sol and his team.

I must say that I don't understand why he was allowed to bring such a large team in with him, seems ridiculous that they come as a package.

You should listen to Steven Gerard on the High Performance Podcast. These aren’t individual managers, they are management team (much like any business)

Maybe because any half decent new manager would want his own management team. Maybe he wouldn't want all of them gone, but 2 or 3 of them... and it would be financially disastrous paying off MM alone.
It was just a question on why RM would have to pay off7 people if he were to sack Molesley,i wasnt advocating that he should sack MM.

It was just a question on why RM would have to pay off7 people if he were to sack Molesley,i wasnt advocating that he should sack MM.
I understood that. I was just saying why I personally think multiple payoffs would be necessary in answer to your post.

This mess pre-dates Moseley. If only Ron had picked the right Kevin. I understand Nolan was very interested, but he went for Bond instead (sigh).

This mess pre-dates Moseley. If only Ron had picked the right Kevin. I understand Nolan was very interested, but he went for Bond instead (sigh).
Yes RM made a lot of mistakes with his choices im afraid .

Yes RM made a lot of mistakes with his choices im afraid .

With regards to managerial appointments, I don’t think his decision making has been terrible tbh.

Powell was a good appointment at the time, and one that the overwhelming majority were pleased with. Ron made a mistake by getting rid of him IMO, although I do understand why he felt he had to.

Bond was a mistake, but again, the majority thought he’d earned his chance... even if it was seen as a disaster waiting to happen.

Sol was welcomed by all, despite Ron’s claims of requiring financial gymnastics to get the deal agreed. Sadly nobody could have predicted just how wrong that appointment would go.

And now MM. I’d say most were enthused by his arrival, if a little wary of his inexperience. He had a touch of the Cowley’s about him, and came with a decent winning pedigree, albeit at a lower standard.

All in all, Ron’s appointments at the time haven’t appeared disastrous & it’s only with hindsight that we look back and now see them as mistakes. I’d bet my life that Ron regrets several of those decisions now, but at the time it was understandable why he made them.

With regards to managerial appointments, I don’t think his decision making has been terrible tbh.

Powell was a good appointment at the time, and one that the overwhelming majority were pleased with. Ron made a mistake by getting rid of him IMO, although I do understand why he felt he had to.

Bond was a mistake, but again, the majority thought he’d earned his chance... even if it was seen as a disaster waiting to happen.

Sol was welcomed by all, despite Ron’s claims of requiring financial gymnastics to get the deal agreed. Sadly nobody could have predicted just how wrong that appointment would go.

And now MM. I’d say most were enthused by his arrival, if a little wary of his inexperience. He had a touch of the Cowley’s about him, and came with a decent winning pedigree, albeit at a lower standard.

All in all, Ron’s appointments at the time haven’t appeared disastrous & it’s only with hindsight that we look back and now see them as mistakes. I’d bet my life that Ron regrets several of those decisions now, but at the time it was understandable why he made them.

All true. I think MM is a good candidate but was hired at the wrong time.

What we needed now was a man of real experience of a good old fashioned dog fight.

The type of sturrock who managed to use every ounce of his football league experience and contacts to drag us out of the mire.

Had we had a budget at league 1 level I'm sure MM would have got us playing some great football. It isn't working as this doesn't suit his style.

yep - very balanced point of view ... all very hunky dory ...

very small problem though ... we are 92 out of 92 ..

and it says on the website Molesley is the manager of the club.

I know you don't want a manager who makes the little boys cry but I don't think the players have much confidence left in your man.

All true. I think MM is a good candidate but was hired at the wrong time.

What we needed now was a man of real experience of a good old fashioned dog fight.

The type of sturrock who managed to use every ounce of his football league experience and contacts to drag us out of the mire.

Had we had a budget at league 1 level I'm sure MM would have got us playing some great football. It isn't working as this doesn't suit his style.

The question is who though? And the answer, regardless of who, is too subjective to call.

I said back in the summer, that whoever ended up as our manager for this term would, IMO, be in a much tougher spot than what Sturrock found himself in when he took over. He never had to work around an embargo, half of his squad didn’t want away (he only had about 4 players anyway tbf) and he did have money to spend.

Being honest and taking away his health implications, do you think Sturrock could have saved us this season? I really don’t mate. That’s how bad the situation is.

The question is who though? And the answer, regardless of who, is too subjective to call.

I said back in the summer, that whoever ended up as our manager for this term would, IMO, be in a much tougher spot than what Sturrock found himself in when he took over. He never had to work around an embargo, half of his squad didn’t want away (he only had about 4 players anyway tbf) and he did have money to spend.

Being honest and taking away his health implications, do you think Sturrock could have saved us this season? I really don’t mate. That’s how bad the situation is.

The right man would have been McGreal in my opinion - he wanted job, has extensive knowledge of lower leagues, (and region) used to working within tight budgets and promoting youth players into the first team squad (and wouldn't have wanted to bring in extensive team with him either)

He actually had experience of league management and know all about clubs in League 2 which would have given a much better chance of getting the right set-up with players from the start. I'd say it would have been highly likely he'd have got some better results that MM

yep - very balanced point of view

Thanks. Maybe you could offer the same, instead of stuff like this...

I know you don't want a manager who makes the little boys cry but I don't think the players have much confidence left in your man.

I’ve told you before, MM wasn’t my choice for the job. Craig Fagan was.

As for managers making little boys cry, why don’t you just drop the Sol stuff now, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back