• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 General Chat Thread

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Vettel has announced he’s leaving Ferrari at the end of the season. It will be interesting to see where he goes and who replaces him. Think we could have a big shake up of the grid.

Horner says a return to Redbull is unlikely.

There's talk of Carlos Sainz joining Ferrari and Dani Ric replacing him at McLaren, I like both drivers so would love to see that happen.

Wouldn't mind seeing George Russell get a chance at Renault either unless they decide to bring back the Hulk.

Last edited:
There's talk of Carlos Sainz joining Ferrari and Dani Ric replacing him at McClaren, I like both drivers so would love to see that happen.

Wouldn't mind seeing George Russell get a chance at Renault either unless they decide to bring back the Hulk.

Hulkenburg is one of the most over rated drivers on the grid. I’d rather someone else got a chance! He’s bang average, he’s had a decent car on numerous occasions yet never been able to get a win.

I was surprised about Sainz but really pleased. Hope that Ferrari go with him or Ricciardo. Think he was silly leaving RedBull. He saw that the Mclaren struggled with the Honda and thought RedBull would too! Why he thought Renault was the best move is beyond me.

And it’s happened.

Sainz signs for Ferrari
Ricciardo signs for McLaren

Wonder where Seb will end up?

The F1 starts next month and there is only 8 rounds. Will the winner be able to be considered a true World Champion?

The F1 starts next month and there is only 8 rounds. Will the winner be able to be considered a true World Champion?
Yeah I think so. Think I read it's stipulated there's a minimum number of are needed to constitute a world championship as per regulations and I think 8 surpasses that figure. Plus rounds will probably be added later.

Worrying to hear that Sergio Perez has contracted Covid-19, he (SP) returned to his native Mexico after the Hungarian GP to visit his sick mother.

ex Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali appointed as new head of F1, role starting January 2021.

Hopefully he will do something to make it less boring!

The same argument was wheeled out when Sebastian Vettel was winning his titles with RBR.

He was more likeable though, same with Schumacher.

I wouldn’t mind if there was another team that came close. The best race this season was the one where Hamilton didn’t win!

He was more likeable though, same with Schumacher.

I wouldn’t mind if there was another team that came close. The best race this season was the one where Hamilton didn’t win!
Which one are you referring to?

Italian GP that Gasly won.

That was all artificial with the race suspensions, etc. The 3 that finished on the podium would have been nowhere near without the field being bunched up.

Think we are waiting until the aerodynamics reset in 2022 unfortunately.

In fact, not sure whether immlooking forward to next season or not. Alonso to Renault, Seb to Aston Martin and Danny Ric to McLaren.....Ferrari supposedly building a new engine which would shake things up if they nail it. But ultimately the rules remain stable. Part of me wishes we could skip next season and go straight to 2022.

Back