• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I-Follow - you get angry!

I had yesterday as the compensation freebie for the Oldham debacle. Cut and pasted my code in only to then see I had been charged £10 instead. Very curt email sent straight away. Won't be holding my breath though.

Behaved perfectly until Aquah commenced his celebrations. Also pleasing to have Nick Alicker and GP commentary and Stuart Smith nowhere to be heard.

It always works fine for me if i watch it through the I Follow app on my Phone. I can never get I Follow to work on my Laptop or Tv though!

I've made a point of telling them in my complaints that I won't be paying to watch the away games any more. The only reason I watched yesterday's is because I had a code to unlock for free after the Oldham debacle.

I've copied SUFC in on my complaints and pointed out to them that iFollow is so bad Southend are losing out because people won't pay to watch a blank screen. The clubs need to put pressure on the EFL from their side. Every club in the league should be hammering whoever is responsibly in the EFL to get this **** sorted out.

And honestly I'm tempted to write to them on the day of every away game to tell them that I would have paid to watch this today but I won't because their stream doesn't work and their customer support is abysmal.

Just as a heads up for people, the very efficient and helpful Ticket Office Manager is moving on to pastures new and nearer to where he lives at the end of this week. So, if Gavin has been sorting out things for you, you might need to find someone else.

Wish him nothing but the best of luck in his new role, he's been a tremendous asset in the Ticket Office and a huge ally for me with the Junior Blues. Gutted, in all truth, that he's moving on.

I had yesterday as the compensation freebie for the Oldham debacle. Cut and pasted my code in only to then see I had been charged £10 instead. Very curt email sent straight away. Won't be holding my breath though.

Behaved perfectly until Aquah commenced his celebrations. Also pleasing to have Nick Alicker and GP commentary and Stuart Smith nowhere to be heard.

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago; still waiting on a response - actually this has prompted me to chase!

Like others I had a free pass to yesterday's game as compensation for the Oldham fiasco.
I spent two hours watching a circle going round and did not see a ball kicked.
Should a complaint be sent to EFL or SUFC?

Just as a heads up for people, the very efficient and helpful Ticket Office Manager is moving on to pastures new and nearer to where he lives at the end of this week. So, if Gavin has been sorting out things for you, you might need to find someone else.

Wish him nothing but the best of luck in his new role, he's been a tremendous asset in the Ticket Office and a huge ally for me with the Junior Blues. Gutted, in all truth, that he's moving on.

Only had a couple of dealings with Gavin but he was always very helpful, curtious and more on the ball than some of the players.

Seriously wish him all the very best for the future.

For anyone watching the Walsall match highlights and findiing the screen rather dark the solution is to change the screen resolution to the maximum (720 IIRC, on the cog at the bottom of the screen).This works well.

Like others I had a free pass to yesterday's game as compensation for the Oldham fiasco.
I spent two hours watching a circle going round and did not see a ball kicked.
Should a complaint be sent to EFL or SUFC?

EFL, in my opinion; not sure what th club will be able to do

EFL, in my opinion; not sure what th club will be able to do
As members of the EFL, the club has a louder voice than any of us fans do. If all the member clubs realise the uselessness of iFollow is costing them money and put pressure on from the inside that will do far more to get something done that any amount of complaining from individual fans.

The Walsall game for me was the best yet as it was a free one not sure if that had any bearing or not,however only able to watch via the app thru the tablet no luck thro laptop.
Have made my comments known to Rhys at the club and the Football Supporters Association.Believe the Shrimpers Trust is on the case but dont know anymore as regards their efforts,know doubt they will report in due course. Sorry to repeat myself but the FSA are preparing a survey to find out from all supporters what their experiences are from using ifollow,I understand it should be available for supporters to complete via their website.

Wasn't going to bother paying for any more away matches as the service has been so terrible, but I got the Walsall one free after the Oldham match debacle. 10 minutes before kick off I was still only getting the circle of death, no sound and just a static photo. Kept refreshing, logged out and back in, still the same. So I closed the window down completely in Internet Explorer and opened a new one in Firefox.... brilliant. Saw and heard the lot, and this on a laptop not my mobile. To think I'd have missed it all if I hadn't played about like that. Ifollow service remains appalling this season though.

Wasn't going to bother paying for any more away matches as the service has been so terrible, but I got the Walsall one free after the Oldham match debacle. 10 minutes before kick off I was still only getting the circle of death, no sound and just a static photo. Kept refreshing, logged out and back in, still the same. So I closed the window down completely in Internet Explorer and opened a new one in Firefox.... brilliant. Saw and heard the lot, and this on a laptop not my mobile. To think I'd have missed it all if I hadn't played about like that. Ifollow service remains appalling this season though.
it started me thinking of the Walsall team that just missed out promo under Dean smith.
We have a lot young players mixed with few seniors.
Eggbri so similar to Ricoh henry who's gone on to good things. K taylor similar to jermaine sawyers.
They had sam mantom on fire and JD at wing back firing on crosses.
They had a macca at the back that I can't think of the name of!
as I recall they had a keeper that had similar issues to ox! Good shot stopper etc...
If we can get the team spirit they had anything is possible

I've been watching the NFL this evening. It's so nice not to even wonder for even a moment whether or not the stream will work. I started on the Giants-Eagles game, decided it wasn't all that entertaining and switched to Packers-Jaguars. Not a moment of freezing or lag or any kind of problem at all.

Such a refreshing change from iFollow.

Well I’ve subscribed to I-Follow since it’s inception. The fist season I had many problems with the vision, this was through a web browser (Chrome). I don’t think my 15 year old laptop helped.

I now watch on my iPad through the app and have never had any problems apart from the EFL end, when they forgot to turn the stream on.

You could try and download the EFL app to your laptop to see if that alleviates any problems.

I have received a long winded reply from ifollow to my request for a refund this morning. In a nutshell they are basically telling me it is not their fault I couldn't see Saturday's match it must be something at my end and therefore they will not be refunding my £10. My computer is the same one with the same settings on which I have recently successfully streamed matches and I was the only one connected to broadband in my house but apparently it is my problem not theirs. I will not be paying to try to watch any further matches.

Back