• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bolton Wanderers vs Southend United Saturday 28th November 15:00hrs FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a Bolton fan tomorrow’s game may be tricky for us people expecting us to win five or six you won’t outplay us or shouldn’t outplay us but I expect you to come to us let us have the ball at the back and say come on then break us down and maybe grab a goal via a set piece or a breakaway if we go one up early it could be a long afternoon for you but if you grab the lead I don’t think we will be able to break you down

I wonder how many minutes Macca has got in him ..

Macca and Demi and Olayinka -is a decent 3.. - even tempting to add Dieng and Philips
and make Goodship run around up top on his own .. then Rush come on to score in the 89th
If he plays the holding role like he did against us for Luton he could play 120 mins. He is no longer box to box or an option in a 2 man CM (at least at this moment in time). We need to use his strengths.

As a Bolton fan tomorrow’s game may be tricky for us people expecting us to win five or six you won’t outplay us or shouldn’t outplay us but I expect you to come to us let us have the ball at the back and say come on then break us down and maybe grab a goal via a set piece or a breakaway if we go one up early it could be a long afternoon for you but if you grab the lead I don’t think we will be able to break you down
We have at least got more organised at the back- conceded 1 goal in last 2 games. And it will be nice to be playing a club whose decline has been even more spectacular than our own. I suspect it will be tight with one goal in it- I do fear it will be your goal as we are not due one for another month... on the other hand your ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory may come to the rescue

After a run of games against lightweight and/or inexperienced and goal shy strikers we will have an old fashioned centre forward to deal with in the shape of Eoin Doyle. It will be interesting to see how our newly found stability at the back copes with him and the Luton loanee, not to mention Delfounesco. Their centre half is a man mountain and can see Rush or Goodship just bouncing off him. I think their recent run of good results has been partly due to the restoration of the veteran Gilks in goal. Looks like they have a strong spine. 0-0 draw might not be the worst result.

.............................Oxley
Bwomono... White... Hobson.. Kyprianou
..................Demetriou... Dieng
....Egbri.... Olayinka...... O Coker
.......................Rush

Subs
Seaden
R Taylor (if fit)
Chandler
Phillips
McCormack
K Coker
Goodship

The thing I've so often found about Southend over the years (and there've been a few) is that when you confidently expect one thing to happen something else pops up instead. I've got no grounds for my next statement but a surprise win could well be on the cards with Mr Rush atoning for his last effort and slotting home the winner at some point during the game. This may sound like total bollocks but I thought I might go head to head in the total bollocks posted competition on here. Come on you Blues cheer up our Saturday.:LoyalSupporter:

The thing I've so often found about Southend over the years (and there've been a few) is that when you confidently expect one thing to happen something else pops up instead. I've got no grounds for my next statement but a surprise win could well be on the cards with Mr Rush atoning for his last effort and slotting home the winner at some point during the game. This may sound like total bollocks but I thought I might go head to head in the total bollocks posted competition on here. Come on you Blues cheer up our Saturday.:LoyalSupporter:

As much as I admire you RHB , you have to realise that the ‘total bollocks posted’ competition is a tough one on here and there are some very serious and long standing campaigners.
Your post is competitive, but you face some really strong opponents

Got to employ the same tactics as the Walsall game.
Unfortunately if we concede .....how the he'll are we going to score two goals with our current strike force to win the game.

As much as I admire you RHB , you have to realise that the ‘total bollocks posted’ competition is a tough one on here and there are some very serious and long standing campaigners.
That's my dreams in tatters then:Sad:

I know us and Bolton have had a bad time of late but I genuinely feel sorry for them. We have tasted the recent glory of three LDV Vans final defeats but what can Bolton look back on with any sense of pride or achievement?

With so much competition, we should probably divide it into categories of bollocks.

I don't understand why so many don't want Rush in the lineup, yes he missed a golden chance but what other striker do we have that has managed to find himself in a position like that in the first place? He's worth at least one more start to redeem his miss imo.

Plus his work rate is really good. Was impressed with his closing down and at least with Rush and Goodship we have a pair who will attempt to close down and stop Bolton playing from the back.

Sad to say Demi is not the player he was, The speed has gone, so have the legitimate tigerish tackles. He now makes at least 2 costly errors a game and finds it difficult not to pass the ball backwards or to an opponent. . Shame you would think all that nouse and experience would serve him well now like JW but sadly Im still waiting to see it this term

ox

elvis white hobson taylor kyprianou

Egbri Olyanka Demi Clifford

Dieng

Hope that we can hold them off and at some point Dieng can get some-one in on goal .. or Egbri wins a free kick and Taylor or Hobson or White can get a head on it

If we have some one decent who can play right back - push Elvis into midfield instead of Egbri.

Or play philips -

Is Kinali de-registered .. ?

God no; not 5 at the back and certainly not with Taylor there either!!!

I don't understand why so many don't want Rush in the lineup, yes he missed a golden chance but what other striker do we have that has managed to find himself in a position like that in the first place? He's worth at least one more start to redeem his miss imo.

I agree, rather him start than Badsh*t

Back