• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Bolton Wanderers vs Southend United Saturday 28th November 15:00hrs FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know us and Bolton have had a bad time of late but I genuinely feel sorry for them. We have tasted the recent glory of three LDV Vans final defeats but what can Bolton look back on with any sense of pride or achievement?

They do get to have a jimmy in a toilet with no river flowing through it though,very posh.

Sad to say Demi is not the player he was, The speed has gone, so have the legitimate tigerish tackles. He now makes at least 2 costly errors a game and finds it difficult not to pass the ball backwards or to an opponent. . Shame you would think all that nouse and experience would serve him well now like JW but sadly Im still waiting to see it this term
Guess at 32 you do lose a bit of speed. But I think the passing and tackles may be more to do with playing the Milligan role of breaking up play. might see a different demi when playing in his natural positions but with one twos rather than speed to bypass defenders ....a problem is...not those many of those around him can play quick one\two football

The thing I've so often found about Southend over the years (and there've been a few) is that when you confidently expect one thing to happen something else pops up instead. I've got no grounds for my next statement but a surprise win could well be on the cards with Mr Rush atoning for his last effort and slotting home the winner at some point during the game. This may sound like total bollocks but I thought I might go head to head in the total bollocks posted competition on here. Come on you Blues cheer up our Saturday.:LoyalSupporter:
I know what you mean, every week I expect us to get beat and ... oh

We are currently 125/1 on bet victor to win 3-0, am I totally mad to entertain the idea of putting a couple of quid on it?

We are currently 125/1 on bet victor to win 3-0, am I totally mad to entertain the idea of putting a couple of quid on it?

You would need to be sectioned if you did that. Keeping a clean sheet and scoring more than once in a game is something that Southend have not done and not looking like doing for a few years now

Do it mate, you can howl at as they go by tonight if necessary, but if it comes in that's Christmas sorted.

You would need to be sectioned if you did that. Keeping a clean sheet and scoring more than once in a game is something that Southend have not done and not looking like doing for a few years now

When was the last time we won to nil by a few goals? Bradford away 2019?

I was much more impressed with the closing down and positioning against a decent FGR side. Sadly we missed a guilt edged chance and then got leggy, with very little on the bench to offer any reprieve.

The first goal is so crucial to this side. Get it and we can try and dig in and frustrate. Lose it and we open up to be picked off.

We need to box clever and frustrate Bolton into being rushed.

Back