• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Grimsby Town v Southend United

RHF and ANG were both impressive today. We SO need a big centre forward to get on the end of the chances they create....
Every team needs a big centre forward - they don’t exist anymore apart from those over 30 and over the hill.

Footballers have been sanitised by tippy tappy football played in academies . 18 teams played in League 1 today and only one of them managed more than 1 goal. Between them they mustered just 11goals.

Big lump there or not we wasted three very good set piece's in the last 15 minutes.

Still take the point for confidence and momentum. :LoyalSupporter:

We didn't deserve to win at all, what game was you watching?

We never looked like conceding and lots of people saying it’s 2 points dropped rather than a point gained. Just my opinion. But they were a lot worse than us.

We didn’t concede a goal & MM is making us a team that’s becoming difficult to beat.

We’ve come a million miles from the sh!tshow drubbings we were getting up until the end of November when cut adrift at the foot of the table.

I believe part of that is down to recruitment & partly down to hard work on the training field.

One defeat in eight & we didn’t lose so let’s take the point & move on.

We never looked like conceding and lots of people saying it’s 2 points dropped rather than a point gained. Just my opinion. But they were a lot worse than us.
I thought winning your home games and drawing your away games was promotion form not relegation form.

Thought we were okay today beaten by a "R Sole" of a referee and a very poor pitch.

I thought winning your home games and drawing your away games was promotion form not relegation form.

Thought we were okay today beaten by a "R Sole" of a referee and a very poor pitch.

I agree. Take the point and move on. Didn’t realise we have two games in hand on Grimsby either.

Was a bore feast...but we are starting to be hard to beat .....as mentioned one defeat in eight 8s very good ..still bottom that only underlines how poor we were earlier in the season ..to be honest neither team looked likely to score today

We definitely need a Stephen Humphrys in the team who, incidentally, scored 2 today.

4 of our next 5 games are at home, let’s make the most of them & get out of this mess at the bottom.

In MM we trust! (Fickle me wasn’t saying that 6 weeks ago!)
1610817888568.gif1610817893805.gif1610817897302.gif

Last edited:
We definitely need a Stephen Humphrys in the team who, incidentally, scored 2 today.

4 of our next 5 games are at home, let’s make the most of them & get out of this mess at the bottom.

In MM we trust! (Fickle me wasn’t saying that 6 weeks ago!)
View attachment 14015View attachment 14016View attachment 14017

6 goals in 11 games for Humps, I believe.

Remember when people said he wasn't good enough because he didn't track back enough :Dim:

6 goals in 11 games for Humps, I believe.

Remember when people said he wasn't good enough because he didn't track back enough :Dim:
always good to hear players are doing well. Maybe some sort of karma! Reward for having to put up with sols invasion of his personal life

Reactions: GBJ
Back