• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Mark Molesley will not rush into making signings

League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season.

This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively).

Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.

We might stay up? Are u seriously saying u think we could still go down? We have lost 1 game in the last 9 games we have decent players now brilliant home form and the whole club is buzzing! Cannot believe your negativity

You seem to have misunderstood my post.

We might stay up? Are u seriously saying u think we could still go down? We have lost 1 game in the last 9 games we have decent players now brilliant home form and the whole club is buzzing! Cannot believe your negativity

There you go again with your endearing optimism Shrimpet. Whilst I too believe we will stay up there is still a distinct possibility that we will struggle. Several of the clubs around us are also doing well. Stevenage have lost only once in their last seven games and are buzzing at the moment. Barrow have lost only one in five (that was against us). Bradford have lost only one in six. Mansfield have lost only one in eight. Additionally we have only scored 14 goals in 22 games.

None of this is negative, it is simply realistic. As I say, I believe that we will survive.

Now imagine injuries to akinola, macca, hart and Hobson. Add that to olyinka and Taylor maybe a few weeks away from being able to play 90 mins. Or we lose the next 2 and are suddenly 4 points adrift again

We are bottom and there is still lots of work to be done.

I think it was Bumble who once said, when batting in cricket, if you think you’re doing well add 2 wickets to the score for the bowlers and what does it look like then.

We have the worst goals scored in our division, thats the main reason we sitting at the bottom, and if MM does not addressed in this widow, we are in trouble, yesterday proved this, we have "forwards who cant score" needs sorting NOW.

There you go again with your endearing optimism Shrimpet. Whilst I too believe we will stay up there is still a distinct possibility that we will struggle. Several of the clubs around us are also doing well. Stevenage have lost only once in their last seven games and are buzzing at the moment. Barrow have lost only one in five (that was against us). Bradford have lost only one in six. Mansfield have lost only one in eight. Additionally we have only scored 14 goals in 22 games.

None of this is negative, it is simply realistic. As I say, I believe that we will survive.
Ok but it's the teams above the teams u mentioned that are now being brought into the relegation fight! Because us and stevenage improved the league at the bottom is so so close now.

Now imagine injuries to akinola, macca, hart and Hobson. Add that to olyinka and Taylor maybe a few weeks away from being able to play 90 mins. Or we lose the next 2 and are suddenly 4 points adrift again

I think it was Bumble who once said, when batting in cricket, if you think you’re doing well add 2 wickets to the score for the bowlers and what does it look like then.
But that's very negative thinking and none of the players u mentioned are injured! And why would I want too imagine?Also u must not have seen our home form? We dont concede and our defence is solid!! We are 5th in the form table.sorry cant see us getting beaten at home we are too strong and the teams we have to play are not great!!

But that's very negative thinking and none of the players u mentioned are injured! And why would I want too imagine?Also u must not have seen our home form? We dont concede and our defence is solid!! We are 5th in the form table.sorry cant see us getting beaten at home we are too strong and the teams we have to play are not great!!
One mans negative thinking is another mans contingency planning

So, you're all for positive thinking but consider it ok, on a public forum, to constantly criticise and and demean younger players starting out in their football career ?

League One and League Two clubs will be limited their squad size to 22 players for the 2020/21 season.

This will be reduced to 21 and 20 in subsequent seasons (2021/22 and 2022/23 season respectively).

Players aged under the age of 20 are exempt from these restrictions.

This means the end of the u23s.

Next season Terrell Egbri, Harry Phillips, Richard Taylor, Lewis Gard, Emile Acquah, Matt Rush, Harry Seaden, Miles Mitchell-Nelson, Michael Klass, Eren Kinali, Rob Howard, Harry Kyprianou, Elvis Bwomono, Tom Clifford, Idi Osimeh, Sam Knock, Jon Benton, O'Shane Stewart plus Louis Walsh will all be 20 or over.

That's 19 players. If we kept all of them we could only sign 2 more players!

We learnt the hard way what happens when you have no senior players, so that's probably going to mean 15 youths being released, probably two-thirds of whom would have probably been retained in previous years.

You’re right that our form has been very good , but that recent form was the bare minimum we needed just to get back in touch.
Also , players ‘do’ get injured and we have no idea when injuries will again hit us.
If Carlisle or Newport or someone else at the top have a run of injuries , they will be fine as they have points in the bank - we don’t.
Finally , form tends to come and go ( for all teams ) so it’s likely our current run won’t last forever.
Putting it very simply - we are bottom of the league and still in big trouble , please try to keep sight of that and shelve the play off flags.

You’re right that our form has been very good , but that recent form was the bare minimum we needed just to get back in touch.
Also , players ‘do’ get injured and we have no idea when injuries will again hit us.
If Carlisle or Newport or someone else at the top have a run of injuries , they will be fine as they have points in the bank - we don’t.
Finally , form tends to come and go ( for all teams ) so it’s likely our current run won’t last forever.
Putting it very simply - we are bottom of the league and still in big trouble , please try to keep sight of that and shelve the play off flags.
Sorry but from what I've seen of late we are not in big trouble of going down! Did u know we can still mathematically win the league? Personally I think there is more chance of us reaching the playoffs then getting relegated!

I've thought about this and my concern is if we add two wickets to our next game they may get in the way of the players and cause more injuries ?

Sorry but from what I've seen of late we are not in big trouble of going down! Did u know we can still mathematically win the league? Personally I think there is more chance of us reaching the playoffs then getting relegated!
Play offs and winning the league? We just drew 0-0 to grimsby with near our best team. I appreciate your optimism but maybe lay off the special sauce before you post.

Play offs and winning the league? We just drew 0-0 to grimsby with near our best team. I appreciate your optimism but maybe lay off the special sauce before you post.
Did we loose? Would u take any point away from home? And our best starting lineup would include kyle taylor and i expect him to start Tuesday.Also if stevenage can beat cambridge at home we most certainly can.

Our last 7 games;
W4 D2 L1 Scored just 8 but conceded only 4, including 4 clean sheets. Not a goal-fest at either end!
Who'd have thought that in December?

Our last 7 games;
W4 D2 L1 Scored just 8 but conceded only 4, including 4 clean sheets. Not a goal-fest at either end!

Those who looked at the fixture list were suggesting it was now or never.

Congratulations to MM for completely changing our tactics and giving us a chance following the removal of the embargo.

If we replicate that performance in the next 7 games perhaps whoever started the campaign for Tilly to receive an MBE when he saved us will start a similar campaign for MM?

Our last 7 games;
To accentuate the goals for and against tally, you should have extended it to the last 8 games.
W4 D3 L1 Scored 8 and conceded 4, including 2 in one game against Leyton Orient.

We have the worst goals scored in our division, thats the main reason we sitting at the bottom, and if MM does not addressed in this widow, we are in trouble, yesterday proved this, we have "forwards who cant score" needs sorting NOW.

The main reason is letting in all those goals before December. MM has done a top job in making us hard to beat and keeping clean sheets. Thats why there is now only 5 points between us and 18th.

Rochdale have played 3 games in January and Humphrys is banging them in. The have scored, going backwards 3 goals , 4 and another 3 but have drawn all three so have less ponts than us for our 0-0 and 1-0 win.

In December their results going back are losing 4-1 winning 5-0, losing 4-1 losing 2-0, winning 4-0.

So since Dec they have scored 19 goals in that time and won 7 points....We have only scored 8 goals but have won 14 points.

Good forwards win you games, good defences win you leagues and they also keep you in them.

Back