• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger done deal

I am guessing Nile is a free agent as he was not contracted to another club (i.e. Spalding) when the window closed. But is it not the case that the prior club may hold the registration until such time as he signs for someone else?

So maybe as has been said there may a form that Spalding need to sign confirming he was not under contract to them when the window closed and agreeing to his registration being transferred?

Guessing but contracted and registered are different things?

You'd like to think so! Someone on here mentioned that Spalding, due to the latest situation in non league, may have very limited staff currently working, furlough, lay offs etc, which made sense.
Im sure it will all get sorted. After all what sort of club would sign a player without checking eligbility, paperwork, due dilligence stuff first heh!!
:Takethat: ('See...I told you it wasnt just a case of 'yes you can play for us')
................and how many weeks has he been training with us which you would assume is the same amount of time that we have had available to do all our Due Diligence

I am guessing Nile is a free agent as he was not contracted to another club (i.e. Spalding) when the window closed. But is it not the case that the prior club may hold the registration until such time as he signs for someone else?

So maybe as has been said there may a form that Spalding need to sign confirming he was not under contract to them when the window closed and agreeing to his registration being transferred?

Guessing but contracted and registered are different things?
Sounds a logical explanation... hopefuly something as stright forward as that

How many times precisely, what do you think, maybe 20 or 30 perhaps?
He's been convicted, did his time move on.
Stephen Fry did time for credit card fraud no one stops him being all over TV; and I can't believe for one minute that there isn't at least one person on SZ with a record and they're still welcome here............

JOHN White feels Nile Ranger is hungry to succeed

That's a thoughtful and articulate interview with John. Can't argue with any of that really. I hope Ranger can make a positive difference for us. Well said John, but if I may......do you think the man bun is working....?

i watched the thing with Theo and Nouble ...

Obviously Sol was not at all interested in the Nile Ranger story - which was interesting.

Not sure why Nile thought Sol should have returned his calls ..

Obviously Sol was not at all interested in the Nile Ranger story - which was interesting.

Well probably because Ron told him that it was no good calling him he needed to convince the manager. Nile might have, not completely unreasonably felt that he had been advised to call Sol by Ron.

Sol was entitled not to be interested. But if Nile's messages were along the lines of spoke to Ron, he said I needed to speak to you, then answering once and saying very sorry Nile but zero chance would have been the way to go.

As always the context is important.

Was walking to B&Q yesterday morning and Ranger was behind me as i walked up past boots and laces, i wished him well and said we cant wait to se you out there, he said he is desperate to get fit, get on the pitch, re pay the faith and play for the fans and in his words fans that have always had his back. Seemed lean and ready to go, so hopefully not too far away

So he's not fit:Facepalm:

So he's not fit:Facepalm:
it would seem so, but given what MM has said it ties in as he did a calf while training a few weeks back now. I am not a doctor or a coach but he looked very well and hopefully it was just a catch up session and he is available fr Saturday or perhaps even the bench tomorrow

Yeah only about the ranger thing, and perhaps the daddies sauce issue....Hopefully ranger will prove himself. We'll see.

I'm not sure why we have this obsession with Ketchup. Watch Ben Foster's YouTube channel: he drowns pretty much every meal in the stuff.

The Cycling GK is one of my favourite YouTube channels.

And mine. My kids watch it too. They love Will Hughues! It helps that we live very close to the Watford training ground (it's literally next door to Arsenal's), so they both feel a bit of a connection, even if they don't support Watford.

Because common courtesy would be to return the call with a very simple "Sorry Nile, I'm not interested".

But we all know that Sol Campbell doesn't do basic common courtesy.

He's been convicted, did his time move on.
Stephen Fry did time for credit card fraud no one stops him being all over TV; and I can't believe for one minute that there isn't at least one person on SZ with a record and they're still welcome here............

I want to see Nile prove himself and take this chance but I fail to see why anybody would compare someone being convicted for one crime and learning their lesson straight away, with someone who has a rap sheet as long as their arm with numerous claims of "I've learned my lesson and will knuckle down now" in between misdemeanors.

Back