• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jacob Mellis

Is Mellis registered? He doesnt seem to have a squad number and doesnt appear on the EFL squad list that is shown on another thread?

I don't think that efl squad list is totally up to date. I saw a player on there registered with 2 clubs - Orient was one. I wouldn't read too much on him not being on there

I don't think that efl squad list is totally up to date. I saw a player on there registered with 2 clubs - Orient was one. I wouldn't read too much on him not being on there
That’s fair enough, but not having a squad number, everyone else who has signed has one. He is a decent player from what I have heard so just hoping no issues

That’s fair enough, but not having a squad number, everyone else who has signed has one. He is a decent player from what I have heard so just hoping no issues
He registered the list is not up to date per MM (sorry and as above)- I am sure he has a squad number too.
But his "Covid" (had all the symptoms but repeatedly tested negative) combined with he was working his way back anyway means he is not ready.
With Olayinka back end of next week its going to be very interesting to see who the first choice CM's are going to be.

He registered the list is not up to date per MM (sorry and as above)- I am sure he has a squad number too.
But his "Covid" (had all the symptoms but repeatedly tested negative) combined with he was working his way back anyway means he is not ready.
With Olayinka back end of next week its going to be very interesting to see who the first choice CM's are going to be.

Squad number 29

All tj
All the symptoms but negative ?? What a cold you mean

Great news on the competitive front with Mellis, Ferguson, Olayinka, Kyle Taylor, throw in a Demi and a Maccy C ( add some Hart and Dieng if needed ) Wheres Klass when you may/may not need him?

Lots of competition in the central midfield roles, can only be good thing with games coming up thick and fast.

I know MM has said he is close to fitness but how far away is he do we know, i still notice he hasnt been assigned a squad number and that always worries me for some reason

MM has lot of options regards to the midfield area. Mellis might find it hard to break into the squad let alone the starting 11.

MM has lot of options regards to the midfield area. Mellis might find it hard to break into the squad let alone the starting 11.
That maybe the case but doesn’t explain the number and also his past suggests he may well be a very good option. Being he is a permanent signing seeing if he can play would be beneficial for next season as well

4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is definitely our best formation going forward given our abundance of midfielders and lack of strikers. Ranger/Acquah as the lone striker and Akinola/Goodship at LW.

Would there be any link registration wise with Richard Taylor going off to Bromley for a month with Mellis or Rangers availability, or am I making 2 and 2 make 7

Would there be any link registration wise with Richard Taylor going off to Bromley for a month with Mellis or Rangers availability, or am I making 2 and 2 make 7

In terms of the squad limits I think Taylor is an u21 so doesn't count towards the EFL cap.

Back