• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

Today had a look at the run in of fixtures who plays who etc etc.Its a difficult one to call any thing can happen as its such a topsey turvey league anyone can beat anyone on their day.But it does look like its now a 3 way shoot out between 3 clubs and winner takes all prize of staying up.Its likely to go to the wire with us having to get some sort of result in the last game against Newport.Its going to be so tense blood level rising and emotions running high.All i ask for is who ever is wearing the shirt gives 110% nothing less and if we make it so be it if not the table doesnt normally lie.

I think the ability to defer PAYE, VAT etc has been critical for clubs - when that starts becoming due will be a big problem. Many clubs could barely pay it with crowds, how they'll pay the arrears along with the on-going payments will be very difficult

Isnt this likely to be the situation at Southend?

Things like this seem almost to have been forgotten.

There was talk after the last WO order that all that had to happen was a phone call and bang TTP would be granted .

Add to that no doubt a sizeable wedge has found its way into MM and his teams coffers

Today had a look at the run in of fixtures who plays who etc etc.Its a difficult one to call any thing can happen as its such a topsey turvey league anyone can beat anyone on their day.But it does look like its now a 3 way shoot out between 3 clubs and winner takes all prize of staying up.Its likely to go to the wire with us having to get some sort of result in the last game against Newport.Its going to be so tense blood level rising and emotions running high.All i ask for is who ever is wearing the shirt gives 110% nothing less and if we make it so be it if not the table doesnt normally lie.

Strange things tend to happen at the end of the season, clubs who are safe, already promoted or already certain of the playoffs take their foot off the gas a little as their jobs are done for now. For example our last game is Tranmere away, but if they are already promoted or already in the playoffs they may take it easier or rest one or two players for the playoffs.

Isnt this likely to be the situation at Southend?

Things like this seem almost to have been forgotten.

There was talk after the last WO order that all that had to happen was a phone call and bang TTP would be granted .

Add to that no doubt a sizeable wedge has found its way into MM and his teams coffers

Difficult to know For certain, maybe next supporters call could ask. Based on past behaviour Id expect Ron to use every option to defer cash outflow - so yes I'd expect us to be running up a sizeable deferred tax bill.

plus the teams coming down from league 1 Wimbledon Swindon nothing stopping them falling out of the league
Wimbledon might not be relegated yet, have you seen their stats from the last 2 games 38 shots, 14 on target and 8 goals. That is what you call upping your game and even if they do go down, they are going down fighting, unlike us.

Difficult to know For certain, maybe next supporters call could ask. Based on past behaviour Id expect Ron to use every option to defer cash outflow - so yes I'd expect us to be running up a sizeable deferred tax bill.

That was one of the things Robbie Cowling mentioned during his BBC Essex sport interview the other week. He said many clubs were way behind with VAT, wages and PAYE etc and a avalanche of debt was building up. Despite the rumours surrounding our clubs debts, he said all of our payments were up to date.

Whatever happens it’s BAD News for one of us, total disaster.
Colewe do you want to join me when I jump off the Pier with Bricks tied to my feet!:Frustrated::Frustrated:

Come on Yugmot, that pier jumping routine turned out badly for you last time you did it. You fell right on the back of that dolphin who carried you back onto the beach. And you say miracles don't happen.....?

If people think colchester have got easy 1 against Walsall, might wanna think again. Walsall unbeaten in their last 6 games and only lost 4 away games this season. If sufc somehow get victory at Exeter..... colchester would be under lot of pressure to get a result. Its the hope that kills you!

Between us, Col U and Grimsby, it's anyone's game. Very hard to assess who is likely to take the drop with such erratic results and a lack of live football. I don't think it's going to be done until the 2nd to last game at the earliest.

Between us, Col U and Grimsby, it's anyone's game. Very hard to assess who is likely to take the drop with such erratic results and a lack of live football. I don't think it's going to be done until the 2nd to last game at the earliest.

Yes, it is hard to predict but I would much rather be in Colchester shoes with points already on the board and a better goal difference. Still, we live in hope.

Yes very difficult to predict, also with no fans in attendance it takes some of that pressure away, also away and home games must feel very similar without the sometimes hostile attentions of a home crowd to the away side, or possibly given the performances, the home side too! I don't think Walsall will be an easy game but having said that I would rather play them than Exeter!

Yes very difficult to predict, also with no fans in attendance it takes some of that pressure away, also away and home games must feel very similar without the sometimes hostile attentions of a home crowd to the away side, or possibly given the performances, the home side too! I don't think Walsall will be an easy game but having said that I would rather play them than Exeter!
Walsall's recent form (last 6 matches) is better than Exeters.....
(partly thanks to us)

A few minutes to waste, so I constructed this guide to the consequences of Saturday. With our goal difference at -29 and Colchester's at -20, I'm assuming it is not going to change to our advantage in the five games left. Thus we are effectively five points behind them at the moment. Here are the possible points difference we will face before Tuesday's game based on Saturday's results.

We win, Ewes lose...................... 2points (buy champagne but don't put it in the fridge just yet)
We win, Ewes draw ................... 3points there's ground for hope
We win, Ewes win........................ 5points get a new set of fingernails

We draw, Ewes lose.................... 4points don't give up hope.
We draw, Ewes draw.................. 5points as above
We draw, Ewes win..................... 7 points you believe in miracles, right?

We lose, Ewes lose...................... 5points don't know whether fingernails will be enough
We lose, Ewes draw.................... 6points start planning your National League trips for next season!
We lose, Ewes win....................... 8points at least, the hope, expectation and dreams are over. Let
reality sink in.

A few minutes to waste, so I constructed this guide to the consequences of Saturday. With our goal difference at -29 and Colchester's at -20, I'm assuming it is not going to change to our advantage in the five games left. Thus we are effectively five points behind them at the moment. Here are the possible points difference we will face before Tuesday's game based on Saturday's results.

We win, Ewes lose...................... 2points (buy champagne but don't put it in the fridge just yet)
We win, Ewes draw ................... 3points there's ground for hope
We win, Ewes win........................ 5points get a new set of fingernails

We draw, Ewes lose.................... 4points don't give up hope.
We draw, Ewes draw.................. 5points as above
We draw, Ewes win..................... 7 points you believe in miracles, right?

We lose, Ewes lose...................... 5points don't know whether fingernails will be enough
We lose, Ewes draw.................... 6points start planning your National League trips for next season!
We lose, Ewes win....................... 8points at least, the hope, expectation and dreams are over. Let
reality sink in.

If we did get close to Colchester over these games then goal difference will have likely swung in our favour I’d of thought as they need to lose and we need to win for us to have a chance?

If we did get close to Colchester over these games then goal difference will have likely swung in our favour I’d of thought as they need to lose and we need to win for us to have a chance?
you just need to match their result Saturday then beat them about 3-0 in the derby then everything will be back on for Southend....

Wimbledon might not be relegated yet, have you seen their stats from the last 2 games 38 shots, 14 on target and 8 goals. That is what you call upping your game and even if they do go down, they are going down fighting, unlike us.

Let's wait and see if that comment is true on Saturday and next Tuesday.FWIW,I thought the team gave it their best "shot" against Crawley.In any case this will be the defining week in our season.

Back