• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Relegation Battle- Remaining Fixtures.

Yes but I think Exeter are the much better side overall and are fighting for a promotion place, Walsall are pretty much safe now and their players may well ease off a little!

We took 4 points from them , they failed to score against us in 2 games , and I thought they were one of the weakest teams I’ve seen all season ( Oldham were worse IMO ) - but they have done well recently and will be rooting them on this Saturday

Yes but I think Exeter are the much better side overall and are fighting for a promotion place, Walsall are pretty much safe now and their players may well ease off a little!
It rarely works like that though, the "safe" teams with nothing to play for have zero pressure and tend to play more freely with no real consequences on any mistakes they make. I would prefer to be playing Exeter who haver just come off a loss, 4 days before after a 14 hour journey.

they need to get one more win - or as you have Southend to play they (Walsall) just need to stop you winning to be safe

Play offs on??

Only in the sense that there are two places available and we’re one of around eight p*spoor sides (Exeter and Newport included) who are falling over themselves to not quite make it.

Win all four of our remaining games and we’ll make it. 10 points probably enough. Can’t see it. Cambridge up next.

Last edited:
Only in the sense that there are two places available and we’re one of around eight p*spoor sides (Exeter and Newport included) who are falling over themselves to not quite make it.

Win all four of our remaining games and we’ll make it. 10 points probably enough. Can’t see it. Cambridge up next.
It’s the hope that kills you, still as long as you’re mathematically in with a shot it keeps things interesting.

I hope we don’t make it to be honest. Our squad has no business being anywhere near League One and I’ve not got the stomach for a fifth consecutive playoff final defeat.

You’ll make it if Jobi selects himself.

I hope we don’t make it to be honest. Our squad has no business being anywhere near League One and I’ve not got the stomach for a fifth consecutive playoff final defeat.
I know we've lost a lot of play-off finals, but I'm pretty sure it's only 3 defeats so far ('99, '01 and '14). :Sad:

I'm still clutching at any straw I can find.
Todays one : We have already beaten three of the four teams we still have to play this season ( Col U , Barrow and Newport ).
Further updates on our survival plan later once my medication has kicked in.

Cert, since us not winning that game against Crawley, my posts have been pretty negative regarding our hopes of survival. Maybe that's the way I can best deal with the shock and bitter disappointment of what is likely to befall us? That said, whilst there is still hope I wouldn't expect the team to slacken and want them to show the kind of fight, desire and determination they displayed at Exeter, until all hope is exstinguished. All is not lost just look at how Essex came back from the dead (more than once), to win their game against Durham! By the way, has anyone enquired as to whether Harmer has ever played football as a striker??? :Smile: :Winking:

It’s still well out of our hands but I think finishing second bottom could be important too. You never know what could happen with administration of clubs or anything. I think Barrow are the ones who’ve constantly pulled our hearts out this year with their upturn and slumps. so it seems apt that it’ll be them their falters or, or more likely, sends us down.

Just feels good to win at last.. We hate Orient, we ‘ate Orient!

Back