• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't worked for talksport for 5 years.

5 LIVE for 13.

I met the Forest owner at his home to tell him on behalf of supporters groups that they wanted him out.

Within months he sold the club.

The vitriol towards me by a minority on this board is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Conspiracy theories as to my involvement when I literally told everyone everything from day one is mean spirited and disrespectful.

Doing this for publicity? Is that some kind of joke? To date I've helped the Trust get £10k from £0k in 5 days and have sat a wonderfully exciting CEO in front on the club. Someone tell me where the ego or self publicity is in this? Anyone?

Some of the poison on this forum is beyond belief.

I'll say no more out of respect for those on here who have been engaging, respectful and took the time to watch every zoom call and read every post.

Stan, I truly believe what goes on in this forum is representative of the way our society is going.
Very much a“Damned if you do, damned if you don’t” mentality.
All you can do is what you believe is right.
929C8493-A941-4FB5-AB94-D779C5BFD6F8.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope everyone who decided not to back the approach Stan was looking to bring to the club and “backs” Ron to make the “right decisions” will look back on this and be proven to be correct because right now I personally think Ron and Phil will only take this club backwards even if, short term, we do get promoted back to the football league. PB in full control of this ship with a yes man CEO is going to be a disaster. We asked for transparency and we seem to have ended the Stan situation even further in the dark.
Agree 100%

lol missing the point entirely. You want change you need to take drastic measures. Anyway I’m not bothered anyway, it’s going to be the Same old fans crying about the same old things Ron is doing or not doing but then no one is going to do anything about it. Enjoy the next season under Ron and his amazing ownership.

You do know this is only an opinion don't you? You do know other people are entitled to their opinion too, don't you?

Stan, I truly believe what goes on in this forum is representative of the way society is going.
View attachment 15671
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but now also damned if you take the middle ground.

Football and Southend has often been my escape from this kind of insanity but it's now even seeping into our club. It's becoming very tiresome.

Nothing as always quits when don't get his way.

Why don't you quit? You've been very insulting towards Stan, and now you keep putting the knife in. He's worked his nuts off to try and save our club, or at least put it in a safer place. He was treading on eggshells from the very start. I think we guessed Ron would sort of accept a little help, and then drop an A bomb, to have complete control. It doesn't suit Ron to have football people about that know what they're doing. Ron's world is very secretive, especially finances at the club, and what's really going on. We hear every now and again there's no money for basics, or the Stadium Manager has been let go, or somebody else let go to save money, but you try and get an answer from Ron Martin as to why there is no money? Why tax is not paid or paid last minute? Why players and staff are sometimes not paid? and you will not get an answer. It's a very poorly run club, with a very poor reputation. There's too many secrets at the club. Difficult questions to the chairman are fobbed off with almost a prepared avoiding answer. Stan was just what was needed. He wanted to know how bad things were, and then help Ron to deal with those things and put them right. He was willing to give and get help to get the club stable and viable, and put in a better place for a promotion push.
You can slag Stan off, but without him and his help, we have more chance of relegation further than promotion.

Last edited:
Have you spoken to RM and PB as well or is your verdict on the clubs ethics based on just one side of the story?
Yes, spoke to RM not Brown however but this goes back years so it’s not a new story to learn about the club and it a ethics... just one example was how we treated our ex groundsman

Oh well. Bang goes that great opportunity. Something just didn't feel right there, though. Not sure what it was, but it all seemed a bit too simplistic. Get a new CEO and all the clubs financial issues would suddenly be rectified. We do need one, yes...but I just couldn't see Ron allowing anybody into the fray that questioned how he's running things.

Last edited:
Stan has done his best so even though he could not agree with Ron .Or was it all Ron some how i feel phil had some say in this .When he stated he only answers to the chairman .Is sadly it is time to draw a line under this and move on to the next saga A CEO which the club really does need right now .
What the Club REALLY needs is someone to put the ball in the Onion Bag !

Yes, spoke to RM not Brown however but this goes back years so it’s not a new story to learn about the club and it a ethics... just one example was how we treated our ex groundsman

To make it clear, have you in the last 24 hours, spoken to Ron and been informed by him as to why there is a breakdown in his discussions with Stan?

Oh well. Bang goes that great opportunity. Something just didn't feel right there, though. Not sure what it was, but it all seemed a bit too simplistic. Get a new CEO and all the clubs financial issues would suddenly be rectified. We do need one, but I just couldn't see Ron allowing anybody into the fray that questioned how he's running things.
It's clear ron has cash flow issues..... countless of winding up orders tells you that. CEO would be welcome addition but it wouldn't solve the problems overnight.

I still feel player recruitment will be ongoing issue until ron goes....... No decent players will sign for a club who doesn't pay players ontime or never! In that department we will continue to sign injury prone players which know 1 wants, unfortunately that's who we can only attract. Sad but true!

There seems to be a small number of Trolls on this board who make a disproportionate amount of noise and take some pleasure in goading Stan. Seems a bit pathetic and would be great if these people spent their time and effort trying to effect positive change (as Stan has been trying to do)

Well done to Scott for trying to keep the dialogue open and thanks to Stan for his positive contributions to date. I hope Ron has something positive to share with us soon as it looks like he is repeating past mistakes and alienating the fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back