• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it clear, have you in the last 24 hours, spoken to Ron and been informed by him as to why there is a breakdown in his discussions with Stan?
No I spoke with him Friday, Ron did not mention anything bad about relations. Seems like this has developed over the last week and came to a head last night. Either way we should be use to this by now from the club. Though there is two sides to every story but going on past records it does make you wonder

There seems to be a small number of Trolls on this board who make a disproportionate amount of noise and take some pleasure in goading Stan. Seems a bit pathetic and would be great if these people spent their time and effort trying to effect positive change (as Stan has been trying to do)

Well done to Scott for trying to keep the dialogue open and thanks to Stan for his positive contributions to date. I hope Ron has something positive to share with us soon as it looks like he is repeating past mistakes and alienating the fan base

The problem is Stan doesn't know the trolls like happydays, so he thinks he's being attacked by a few true SUFC supporters.

No I spoke with him Friday, Ron did not mention anything bad about relations. Seems like this has developed over the last week and came to a head last night. Either way we should be use to this by now from the club. Though there is two sides to every story but going on past records it does make you wonder
It wouldn't surprise me if brown had his say to Ron in regards to stan involvement with the club.

Well Ron and Stan said they'd create transparency between the club and the fans. So what happened, guys ?

One might wonder but you have proclaimed it as so. Past record should have no bearing on this matter and is only an indicator of opinion and not necessarily representative of the facts.

I have no idea whether Ron is blame or what for, or if Stan is at fault. Maybe the role Stan wanted was not the same as Ron wanted to offer. I can offer my services to the Royal family but if I want to be King and they only want a valet, then there will be a parting of the ways.

Stan would of got more attention from the press etc ,thus putting browns nose out of joint

It wouldn't surprise me if brown had his say to Ron in regards to stan involvement with the club.
The waters are all very murky that’s for sure, Ron needs to appoint a CEO and allow the person to get on with doing their job and give them the authority they require to do said job.

I guess we can dream

Sure two sides to every story but this is beyond a farce now.

The waters are all very murky that’s for sure, Ron needs to appoint a CEO and allow the person to get on with doing their job and give them the authority they require to do said job.

I guess we can dream
Yes but when is the question. With ron he will probably leave it as late as possible.

I'm not really expecting much to change if I'm honest. Guess I'm use to it now ?

I'm disappointed that Stan is no longer involved as he seemed to be a focal point bringing some unity, sanity and hope of a better future (though clearly not to all) with what appeared to be positive suggestions for ways forward, Also he was a conduit between the fans and Ron. Ron has promised many things, particularly around communication, but fails to live up to his promises and I was hoping that Stan would be the man to hold Ron to account on this. Let's see if the meeting Ron promised happens in a few weeks time.

As per the last Zoom broadcast, Stan now resides in the South East, So Any away games in that area Stan ? ?
I didn’t know ? loads of clubs around M25 and in south east to look forward to. We need to get right players in, who have ambitions to wins games and they will enjoy an massive home crowds and away following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back