• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club statement or not?

I found that very odd - there was very little vitriol towards Stan but quite a few questions. Seems mods seem to have decided to close all those debates down rather than simply delete nasty posts and/or ban those that can't communicate reasonably. Does feel like any criticism of Stan is being supressed (perhaps because they are trying to shield him from it so he stays).

Really feels like censorship of opinions - if they were genuinely worried about trolls they can delete their posts or accounts - would have thought that was quite simple?
I got the impression the mods had deleted a lot of posts but the discussion had just run its’ course. Some posters just seemed intent on winding up Stan, to be fair. Not sure there was anything more to it.

Agree to disagree on censorship

If someone is a troll on her because they aren't a Southend Fan then they need to change the T&C's for registering on here. I'm sure that if others feel I'm trolling they'll be sure to let me know but have been posting on here for a good few years without any problems.

Bit of a lazy line of attack for the facebook generation though - if someone disagrees with the majority it's easier to call them a troll than address the actual points.
Genuine question for you and @Colchester and proud! Why are you on our forum so much?

Genuine question for you and @Colchester and proud! Why are you on our forum so much?

I just find it quite interesting if I'm honest, I also know a few people at the club in various ways so have more than a passing interest and this forum is more lively than the Col U ones. Plus as I'm WFH for over a year this place passes a little time in-between team calls.

Ooh another trip to Roots Hall ? as unless something drastic changes I won't be paying RM through the turnstiles to watch us being humiliated in the NL

Should the protest now become "Martin Out ?"..."Give us our club back" etc ? Trying to work "with" him is clearly not working.

I am on lots of forums quite often TB not just ours, I am retired so have lots of time to do it! I enjoy this one because it is very active and also one of my brother in laws is a Southend boy, so I like to keep in touch with what he talks about. As you know I have been on here for many years now, I think it is great if fans from other clubs contribute to the discussions on a clubs forum. I used to enjoy the old Rival Network forums back in the day, I often used to help away fans who were coming to Colchester with advice on parking, pubs etc.

Should the protest now become "Martin Out ?"..."Give us our club back" etc ? Trying to work "with" him is clearly not working.

Stan turned down the opportunity to work with him and I don't think we will ever know the real reason why.

Stan turned down the opportunity to work with him and I don't think we will ever know the real reason why.

Irrespective of Stan, has he clearly answered the questions that have been put to him by various sources ? I think not.

Agree to disagree on censorship

If someone is a troll on her because they aren't a Southend Fan then they need to change the T&C's for registering on here. I'm sure that if others feel I'm trolling they'll be sure to let me know but have been posting on here for a good few years without any problems.

Bit of a lazy line of attack for the facebook generation though - if someone disagrees with the majority it's easier to call them a troll than address the actual points.
The thread was closed because it had run it's course. That was the moderating team's decision which at times happens if we feel it necessary. We welcome members from other clubs provided they abide by the SZ rules and remember that they are guests of the site.

Personally I think it's still more achievable to push for 'change' than 'Ron out'. The 'change' didn't mean employ Stan and/or a CEO - it's about changing the ethos and culture to enable a long term sustainable club. Once Ron has his housing estate, he may well look for an exit from the football side of things, and so agreeing a succession plan wiith him to enable greater supporter ownership at that point could be a fantastic goal.

I got the impression the mods had deleted a lot of posts but the discussion had just run its’ course. Some posters just seemed intent on winding up Stan, to be fair. Not sure there was anything more to it.

I do think Stan wound himself up on a couple. Just think he may of misread a couple of posts. There were some not very nice ones but think they were deleted adequately. It had run its course though and the longer there was interaction between us and Stan the more damage would have been done as he seemed in a prove a point kind of mood. We have all been there so don't blame him, just hope after reading through again he holds no malice towards us, no need for it.

Personally I think it's still more achievable to push for 'change' than 'Ron out'. The 'change' didn't mean employ Stan and/or a CEO - it's about changing the ethos and culture to enable a long term sustainable club. Once Ron has his housing estate, he may well look for an exit from the football side of things, and so agreeing a succession plan wiith him to enable greater supporter ownership at that point could be a fantastic goal.
The problem is, that change could very well mean “Ron out”.

I am on lots of forums quite often TB not just ours, I am retired so have lots of time to do it! I enjoy this one because it is very active and also one of my brother in laws is a Southend boy, so I like to keep in touch with what he talks about. As you know I have been on here for many years now, I think it is great if fans from other clubs contribute to the discussions on a clubs forum. I used to enjoy the old Rival Network forums back in the day, I often used to help away fans who were coming to Colchester with advice on parking, pubs etc.
All joking aside I think most of us are fairly welcoming and personally I think some of your views and contributions are worth reading and at the end of the day we are all die hard football fans.........

Ok, yeah I would say SUFC has one of the largest online community’s in the lower leagues, also my post was not a dig at all just genuine curiosity

I just find it quite interesting if I'm honest, I also know a few people at the club in various ways so have more than a passing interest and this forum is more lively than the Col U ones. Plus as I'm WFH for over a year this place passes a little time in-between team calls.
Fair enough, much like @Colchester and proud! then. And in the same response I put to him, curiosity

Back