• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Like Brandon Goodship who scored 37 in 41 at level- yes we've been there. Nonetheless we have people who actually believe signing hungry, indeed severely under nourished, players from that level is the way to go. Happily the current manager isn't one of them. We will see.

Brandon Goodship's record in the National League was 0 goals in 5 matches
His record in the National League South was 4 goals in 18 matches

He scored his goals in the Southern Premier and Southern Premier South - two and three levels lower than the Conference.

There are lots of good players in the National South - this is for example the level Ricky Holmes was playing at before he got picked up a League club. I think this is the best place to scout emerging talent. It's essentially the highest level players can rise to before turning full-time (the National League is largely full-time).

Once you get below that level there may be talent but they are likely to be several couple of years away from being able to contribute. The level Goodship was playing at (and before him Mark Salter) was essentially youth team standard - it's the level we send out our scholars to to gain experience.

I have been looking at SZ and Twitter all week hoping for news etc which has been great coz I have been quiet at work, but not a lot has happened.
Today there is news galore and I'm inundated with work all of a sudden so cant keep up !!!

Think we can do better. Can only hope someone in the club has been keeping an eye on Chris Haigh. Top top keeper who should be doing better than NLS

He's just a poor keeper. Doesn't command his box at all. This season where there was no fans you could obviously hear a lot more than normal and not only does he never call "keepers" Because he never wants the ball for himself, he doesn't even shout "away". He doesn't instill confidence. Always got a mistake in him. Wages far better spent on 2, even 3 players at this level.

Hearing Rumours that the 2 signings are Paul McCallum of Daggers and Solihull Moors striker who is the tallest professional footballer in England at
6ft 9 inches, Kyle Hudlin.

We would be lucky to get hudlin.
McCallum signed a three year contract last year, has 15 in 33 this year. Scored goals at EFL level too. 6'3" so not seen him ply but imagine he can head a ball. Would say we would be equally lucky to get him- surely they would be looking for a fee?

Was it not established by someone with inside info the striker is Rhys Murphy?

McCallum is not, and hasn't ever been (from what I can see) a midfielder.

Hearing Rumours that the 2 signings are Paul McCallum of Daggers and Solihull Moors striker who is the tallest professional footballer in England at
6ft 9 inches, Kyle Hudlin.
No.
Either one would be a big signing. Both very difficult to see. Don't forget no-one wants to come here, and we never pay people on time as well.

Don’t think there’s much chance of us getting Hudlin and McCallum signed a three year contract in 2020, so both would seem very unlikely unfortunately

McCallum signed a three year contract last year, has 15 in 33 this year. Scored goals at EFL level too. 6'3" so not seen him ply but imagine he can head a ball. Would say we would be equally lucky to get him- surely they would be looking for a fee?
Yes, probably have shell out 150/200k for McCallum. Would show intent if we got McCallum. If I'm honest I don't know to much about McCallum but going by his stats, he goalscorer and should comfortably score 20 plus next season. I hope we do sign him.

Yes, probably have shell out 150/200k for McCallum. Would show intent if we got McCallum. If I'm honest I don't know to much about McCallum but going by his stats, he goalscorer and should comfortably score 20 plus next season. I hope we do sign him.
Personally, I'd rather we had a more shrewd signing of a particular Rhys Murphy who I believe is out of contract?

Personally, I'd rather we had a more shrewd signing of a particular Rhys Murphy who I believe is out of contract?
He probably more realistic. Sign them both..... we need atleast 2 strikers sign before start of the season.

I think it was mentioned by Stan somewhere that we had little chance of enticing Hudlin here much as I would have loved that to be true. Should have tried to get him earlier that might have been easier.

Agree but as he is out of contract it doesn’t tie into what Chris Phillips tweeted does it? I have lost track of what’s going on lol

i ‘now Stan Sid very little chance of Hudlin as he has league interest

Back