• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News James Dunne Signs

Happy with this one. Seems to be fit for his age and looks an absolute unit. Think he probably summed up his style himself in no fireworks, but will be assured on the ball. We haven’t had a decent leader with a physical presence who can tackle and dictate the tempo in years. Hoping he’s it.

Also, reserve any judgement on the lad until we see him play. Seen a few Barnet fans piping up that he’s ****e, but let’s be honest, Barnet are a ****e team, so you can’t take anything away from that.

Welcome Dunne.

If he is the sort of player I think he is then I think it is a good signing. One thing we didn't have last season (amongst many) was a real engine in the middle of the park breaking the play up. If Brown goes down a 442 formation route it will enable the other midfielder to play a more free role.

A month ago everyone was saying how tough and physical the NL will be. If we don't get our act together it could be another relegation battle etc.

Dunne is just the sort of player we need in midfield. For 3 seasons teams have rocked up at RH with that confident swagger knowing they wont even be mildly hassled let alone given a good battle.

As well as our top scorers only managing 3. I'm sure our midfield only managed 3 tackles in a season.

Happy with this one. Seems to be fit for his age and looks an absolute unit. Think he probably summed up his style himself in no fireworks, but will be assured on the ball. We haven’t had a decent leader with a physical presence who can tackle and dictate the tempo in years. Hoping he’s it.

Also, reserve any judgement on the lad until we see him play. Seen a few Barnet fans piping up that he’s ****e, but let’s be honest, Barnet are a ****e team, so you can’t take anything away from that.

Welcome Dunne.

Looked a decent unit with Bees ,

1622818253361.png

He did say as a defensive Midfielder he "likes the dirty side of the game" ! and getting stuck into tackles.. Dont have a problem with that and agree he could be whats needed . Genuine question though , why only 47 games in 2 seasons, does this relate to lockdown, injury, both?
He was furloughed last season when it was agreed there would be no relegation from the NL

Below, all taken from Wikipedia:

Stevenage: 'A sustained injury in training, result Dunne being out for three weeks'.

Portsmouth: 'Although Dunne suffered a setback of suspension[72] and injury,'

Cambridge: 'Although he suffered setbacks of suspension and injury',

In all fairness, each 'although' was a prelude to something good, although it looks as if his best spell was with Exeter from 2009-12.

Last season at Barnet, he made 23 appearances, picked up five yellows and two in his last game for them on March 13, resulting in a red.

Is he a bigger version of Demi, or better than that? And I don't mean just picking up cards!

Can't say I am a fan of that top he is wearing.
Maybe it's vintage Dunn & Co? In truth it's not quite the progressive look we would want to advance as an image of our club...........but I'm confident Phil can put him on the right track to sartorial elegance. Anyway, as long as his footballing acumen is sharper than fashion sense, we shouldn't have to worry.

Stevenage: 'A sustained injury in training, result Dunne being out for three weeks'.

In all fairness, each 'although' was a prelude to something good, although it looks as if his best spell was with Exeter from 2009-12.

Last season at Barnet, he made 23 appearances, picked up five yellows and two in his last game for them on March 13, resulting in a red.

Is he a bigger version of Demi, or better than that? And I don't mean just picking up cards!

Thanks for that

Probably best to not miss first game just in case we never see him again.

Not often we are viewed as a big club with a great stadium and facilities lol.

He seems happy to be here which as a good thing.

Welcome aboard , for me we could of done with this type of player last season , looks to be fairly intimidating fella and would rather be on his team than against him !

He did say as a defensive Midfielder he "likes the dirty side of the game" ! and getting stuck into tackles.. Dont have a problem with that and agree he could be whats needed . Genuine question though , why only 47 games in 2 seasons, does this relate to lockdown, injury, both?
That is more games than Lennon has amassed in his career probably!

Shows how far we've fallen! Nonetheless, he happens to be right given our current level. However, this quote shows how long it it since he's been to Roots Hall:

Er , is that not the West stand behind him in the photo, so I'd say fairly recently, unless it's photoshopped ?

Back