• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News James Dunne Signs

Chapperz

Striker
On a two-year deal.

Not a signing that will get people excited, but if he can do the dirty work in midfield then hopefully will be a good signing.

Missed the last 16-17 games of last season so lets hope he has been keeping himself fit.

I love his honesty here -

“I’m a front foot player, workman-like. I’m not going to set fireworks off but I’m a hard worker, I like to get on the ball and pass it.”

No sugarcoating, no trying to be something he is not. Just someone who knows what is required after playing over 450 games.

Heres hoping...⚽⚽?

Let's not have any negative posts people. I am not bothered about fielding 11 'worldbeaters' I would like to see 11 players running themselves into the ground, working their socks off, playing as a TEAM, and wearing our shirt with pride. He sounds like he could be one.

Last edited:
Personally for me, I love this signing. The guy obviously wants to be here! So nice to hear a really positive interview, even about the ground :Dim:

Just the kind of player we need in midfield and stops Demi having to be used in midfield.

Off on the right foot imo, good that once again we can start playing players in their favoured positions and start putting round pegs in round holes.

Let's not have any negative posts people. I am not bothered about fielding 11 'worldbeaters' I would like to see 11 players running themselves into the ground, working their socks off, playing as a TEAM, and wearing our shirt with pride. He sounds like he could be one.

Couldn't agree more. Need a high energy, high pressing game. Now for someone to get on the end of chances please...

He did say as a defensive Midfielder he "likes the dirty side of the game" ! and getting stuck into tackles.. Dont have a problem with that and agree he could be whats needed . Genuine question though , why only 47 games in 2 seasons, does this relate to lockdown, injury, both?

Dunne said: “I’m buzzing to sign for a big club like Southend ...

Shows how far we've fallen! Nonetheless, he happens to be right given our current level. However, this quote shows how long it it since he's been to Roots Hall:

Lovely stadium

Back