• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

He's not gonna come to the Conference I don't think
Tend to agree just that peeps fed up of talking about Akinde and Vassell is out of contract played league one and has featured a lot for more southern clubs so perhaps wants to move back down? I’m not itk in the slightest just matched the criteria ?

It wouldn't even be in the top 3 forward lines in the National League.

Stockport have Quigley, Madden, and another fella whose name escapes me who got 17 last year.
Wrexham have Mullin, McAlinden and Hyde.
Chesterfield have Asante and Danny Rowe.

And there are plenty of other clubs who would fancy their strike force over ours including the likes of Boreham Wood, Solihull and Dagenham.

Don't think for one minute we are a big hitter in this division.

great positivity there mate . All we know Dalby and Murphy could smash it hate this negativity before we have started

sadly thats the nature of the beast some being a southend united fan says you have to beat the team up before a ball is kicked in anger .Me id rather try looking for some hope that phil brown gets more right than wrong .Only time will tell

Not sure it’s about who we have up front but more about the service they will receive to score the goals.??‍
Also I think we should go for the big fella at Solihull, Hudlin.

Nope facts would be ten games in and we’re not doing well this is before a ball has been kicked hence not facts
We could equally not then proclaim our front line as being the envy of the division as it isn't.

I think Akinde and Murphy would be a very good front two. The issue, as some have pointed out, is behind them. How many chances are they actually going to get to put the ball in the net?

Tom Clifford.
We could equally not then proclaim our front line as being the envy of the division as it isn't.

I think Akinde and Murphy would be a very good front two. The issue, as some have pointed out, is behind them. How many chances are they actually going to get to put the ball in the net?

let’s see I think with holmes and Dennis that part is looking good tbh. Maybe I’m rose tinted I’m not saying envy of the division but could see it being the difference between say mid table and playoffs

What is behind them both is their best.

That's not to say they can't contribute but they probably aren't going to contribute as much as people expect them to when they go off their form from previous years. Akinde's goalscoring prime was 2014-17. Murphy's goal tally has gone from 25 to 17 to 12 the last three seasons.

As for set pieces, I actually think the issue is less the set-piece taker than the fact they have nobody to aim for. The loss of Dieng just adds to the lack of height in the side. Coulson, when fit, is at least supposed to be good in the air. I suspect Dalby offers more defensively at set pieces than attacking ones. Ralph does offer something in the air but if you pick him you don't have Clifford's dead ball skills.

We have Demi for pens

Has Demi missed his last two?

What is behind them both is their best.

That's not to say they can't contribute but they probably aren't going to contribute as much as people expect them to when they go off their form from previous years. Akinde's goalscoring prime was 2014-17. Murphy's goal tally has gone from 25 to 17 to 12 the last three seasons.

As for set pieces, I actually think the issue is less the set-piece taker than the fact they have nobody to aim for. The loss of Dieng just adds to the lack of height in the side. Coulson, when fit, is at least supposed to be good in the air. I suspect Dalby offers more defensively at set pieces than attacking ones. Ralph does offer something in the air but if you pick him you don't have Clifford's dead ball skills.

Has Demi missed his last two?
Ok with you on Demi stats give the pens to Akinola then ?

Ok with you on Demi stats give the pens to Akinola then ?

I think ANG has the best penalty record for us of the current squad. He's 2 for 2.
Clifford has 1 from 1, I think as well.
Matt Rush is 0 from 2.
Akinola 0 from 1.

For me, the penalty taker should be confident & have some power - on that basis I would say Clifford.

But then, I would argue that strikers scoring penalties adds to their confidence so ideally (for me) it should be a front man putting the ball in the old onion bag.

Winfield is a ridiculous suggestion! 33 year old non-league journeyman central defender who has only just signed for Chelmsford! Whoever's fed you that one is having a laugh!
Yeah he was pulling my leg, I realised that when he told me today that we had Hugo Rodallega on trial. Sorry chaps.

Back