• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

I love how everyone is so confident it is Akinde but in all honesty only a very few number of people on here know who it is and we have very limited clues.

I love how everyone is so confident it is Akinde but in all honesty only a very few number of people on here know who it is and we have very limited clues.

Well whoever it is, we will need to act soon to get bodies in.

He went off injured but it may just be minor and/or precautionary.

Do you know something we don't?
Or it might be a player Evans wants out continuing to down tools and wind up the pressure. Can you image Evans continues to play him, he gets injured so they still have to pay him whilst he doesn’t even play and they don’t get their new strikers either..

Certainly I can believe Evans get him off as a precaution for the reasons above

We needed another striker.

Now Akinola is leaving, we need to replace him with someone .... is that Matt Dennis? Seems the most like for like replacement

And what about ANG ? I personally think he will be massive for us thos season if he is staying.

I'm worried that we will get to the stage where Arnold, Murphy, Ogogo, Bridge, Coulson, White ect all the usual injury prone candidates will be injured and we will be in another relegation battle.

We still need

Another keeper
1 or 2 strikers
1 or 2 wide players
And A centre back

Imo

We needed another striker.

Now Akinola is leaving, we need to replace him with someone .... is that Matt Dennis? Seems the most like for like replacement

And what about ANG ? I personally think he will be massive for us thos season if he is staying.

I'm worried that we will get to the stage where Arnold, Murphy, Ogogo, Bridge, Coulson, White ect all the usual injury prone candidates will be injured and we will be in another relegation battle.

We still need

Another keeper
1 or 2 strikers
1 or 2 wide players
And A centre back

Imo
It looks like we are sticking with Seadon. Kargbo, Dennis and Holmes will hopefully sign up this week so looks like just a centre back is needed. Hopefully will have some budget after ANG and Akinola leave to get another centre back in as we have quite a lot of injury prone defenders

It looks like we are sticking with Seadon. Kargbo, Dennis and Holmes will hopefully sign up this week so looks like just a centre back is needed. Hopefully will have some budget after ANG and Akinola leave to get another centre back in as we have quite a lot of injury prone defenders
We may well stick with Seaden based on the fact that there is no transfer window in the NL so if Arnold gets injured we can get someone else in

What is behind them both is their best.

That's not to say they can't contribute but they probably aren't going to contribute as much as people expect them to when they go off their form from previous years. Akinde's goalscoring prime was 2014-17. Murphy's goal tally has gone from 25 to 17 to 12 the last three seasons.

As for set pieces, I actually think the issue is less the set-piece taker than the fact they have nobody to aim for. The loss of Dieng just adds to the lack of height in the side. Coulson, when fit, is at least supposed to be good in the air. I suspect Dalby offers more defensively at set pieces than attacking ones. Ralph does offer something in the air but if you pick him you don't have Clifford's dead ball skills.

Has Demi missed his last two?
Scored one in preseason few weeks back. Missed one in last 10 or 11. The cup game.

I imagine JD will be our right back this year, no problem with that but he needs to keep his mouth shut, who would take over should he receive numerous bookings and miss games, any of the possible new players cover that position.

This wait for a further signing or two is dragging on for absolutely ages… Dennis, Kargbo, Holmes, L1 striker plus others… can none of these get over the line?

Can our intrepid insiders shed any light please - @Moley or @BoyWonder2 ?

This wait for a further signing or two is dragging on for absolutely ages… Dennis, Kargbo, Holmes, L1 striker plus others… can none of these get over the line?

I would have thought a period of sience would be more apporopriate in the circumstances.

Makes me think with PB giving an extra shove to Akinola, that some of these deals are dependent on outgoings.

Also the players coming in may be holding on for a couple more days in case they get an 11th hour offer from an EFL club, not that I think that's likely with a couple of them.

Don’t forget, our season is still over a fortnight away. The EFL starts this weekend. The urgent rush for players through the door yesterday isn’t the case. Yes, we’d like them through the door training with us, but our targets are all taking part in a pre-season.

I’d have thought Holmes would have been sorted. I’m led to believe this was the first of our “incomings” after Dalby arrived last week. Our situation hasn’t really changed since my last update.

Seadon has impressed PB enough for him to start the season if Arnold isn’t fit, however he should be playing tonight. Ideally, money no object, we’d like Seadon playing regularly out on loan, and a new number 2 brought in on a years deal.

I’m expecting to two loanees to be signed, sealed and delivered ASAP.

The forward who played in League One last season, talks went well. Nothing agreed, but PB put his/Club’s case forward. As with most of these things at the moment, the ball is in the players court.

Transfers take him, even if they are unattached. They can be long, drawn out processes. Things could change come the weekend with the EFL getting underway. Players will know if they are in/out of their clubs plans, which will refocus players minds.

I’d be surprised if something isn’t announced by the end of the week…

Back