• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

Plenty of positives tonight. Still short of quality and depth though. I'd say we still need:

1x GK
2x CB
1x winger
1x advanced midfielder
1x striker

How many can you play in the National League ?
Eleven obviously - but the standard rule of only 1 in goal at a time still applies.

Not sure what the "tag" rules are in the Conference and I'm not sure how good the linesmen are at keeping tabs on who is "in" but I am sure we will get a better understanding as the season progresses. Never was a problem at school so it should be okay at a professional level.

The way Phil was talking about getting Holmes signed .Awaiting chairman ron to agree to it .Does this suggest that Ron has run out of money for signings yet again . After all the promises he made about backing the manager . Step forward the CEO and put Ron right if you dare .

For those who have watched Kargbo this pre-season. What are your thoughts? Is he potentially Aqcuah 2.0? I'm looking at Dalby thinking, he's our big man while wondering what one offers that the other doesn't.

You assume Tom has been given the final day on all signings/contracts-not an assumption I would easily make.
I know it’s a bad assumption and it kind of defeats the object of having a CEO if he doesn’t have the power. I suppose it’s early in their relationship and maybe Ron will relinquish the power when he knows he can fully trust Tom.

I know it’s a bad assumption and it kind of defeats the object of having a CEO if he doesn’t have the power. I suppose it’s early in their relationship and maybe Ron will relinquish the power when he knows he can fully trust Tom.
It’s an assumption most would make as he is the CEO and RM said football dealings would be passé d over to allow him to focus on FF.

If he hasn't done so doesn't it negate the point of having a CEO

For those who have watched Kargbo this pre-season. What are your thoughts? Is he potentially Aqcuah 2.0? I'm looking at Dalby thinking, he's our big man while wondering what one offers that the other doesn't.

Height for set pieces and long throws on windy nights in Grimsby when an ugly goal is needed. It can make defences have Akinfenwa panics rather than Acquah light a cigar and enjoy the win type moments.

You wont see those tactics on nice green August pitches v PL under 23 teams but they are a great option if you want to achieve anything in the NL......Just ask the Cowley brothers.

Ron is probably making the point about not re-making past mistakes. Unfortunately he’s chosen the wrong battle. He will sign off i’m sure- else he will find himself having to write a way bigger cheque to demonstrate he supports the manager. Sometimes as we know Ron is his own worst enemy.

Back