• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

So the Striker target that will “raise a few eyebrows” wants to come here, but he’s clearly on a big wedge and it’s now in the hands of Ronald. As per PB on the zoom this evening. Also talks of wanting a left sided centre half and a winger would be nice. Kargbo and QPR have been told that he will have an impact sub type of role if they agree a loan deal. Matt Dennis he sounds more keen on having a bigger role to play.

Come on Ronald get that cheque book out so we can sign the striker
Whilst I’m desperate for a good named signing, I’m also cautious and glad Ron is too. Way too many times we have splashed the cash given big wages and haven’t got the performances from these big wage players and been stuck with them on big money and nothing to show for it.

Whilst I’m desperate for a good named signing, I’m also cautious and glad Ron is too. Way too many times we have splashed the cash given big wages and haven’t got the performances from these big wage players and been stuck with them on big money and nothing to show for it.
Agree, i would hate for us to spend cash on a fee then on salary and we have HMRC issues or embargoes etc

Still if this big name player was to play to the best off his abilities and truly help the club and the players around him, it would certainly help us to get out of this league and back into the EFL, Then that would be money well spent.In PB i trust .

Ron you spouted that you would throw everything at trying to get out of the the 5 tier of football at the fist time of asking .Well show the fans and the manager that you ment what said and give phil brown the striker he craves for . No more talk and sitting on your hands its time for action .

Him saying he wants to come to Southend augers well that he really will play to the best of his abilities .

Ron seems to be playing mind games with the manager and the fans .This player who ever it is want to play for the club so it has been said .So Ron if you trust the man you put in charge bring this player in . ASAP dont dilly dally around and let him join another club .

Ron seems to be playing mind games with the manager and the fans .This player who ever it is want to play for the club so it has been said .So Ron if you trust the man you put in charge bring this player in . ASAP dont dilly dally around and let him join another club .
It was also said it was down to the money, player is on high wages at current club and some negotiation will be needed.

Ricey, some wise words there. If the striker over 30, the risk of paying inflated wages for disappointing returns increases significantly.

Absolutely this, can believe people are egging Ron on here to splash the cash in the situation we are in (and have been the last number of years). Madness.... have we (they) learned nothing.

If the deal is too rich, we shouldnt do it.

Absolutely this, can believe people are egging Ron on here to splash the cash in the situation we are in (and have been the last number of years). Madness.... have we (they) learned nothing.

If the deal is too rich, we shouldnt do it.
You are right. To be fair, I think PB said in the recent Zoom meeting he is looking at a number of "Number 9s". There are a number of competent tall strikers that are available that would probably not cost an arm and a leg. Mike Fontop is one name mentioned. Another possibility might be Jordan Slew.

Ron is small fry compared to the owners at wrexham, Stockport and notts county. Those 3 clubs are better prepared financially and recruitment wise than us...... so the challenge to get up straight away is hard 1 but not impossible! Brown probably needs to free up some wages to be able to recruit that striker he talking about. Probably the reason why he came out in the press saying akinola not for me.

Back