• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shaq Coulthirst back training at Southend United

This was one of the rumours earlier in the week.

Comparison to Akinola is that Akinola score more goals last season in a higher division

Wasn’t up to scratch before, ended up getting binned and replaced by Pigott. His recent record is poor too, why Phil? Are you incapable of signing anyone other than past has beens?

Last edited:
is our reputation really that bad now that we need to bring players that no one wants and the fact they were no bloody goof the last time they were here ,

Our reputation must be that bad, I can see no other reason that we would even be considering Wright or Coulthirst. I really cannot think that Ron will agree will agree to these signings - if he does then we really are in a worse place than I imagined.

Thought Brown a liability before. couldn't believe he was appointed again. Well I suppose I can, he was available.

He is clueless, out of date and should be binned. However, I very much doubt we can afford for that to happen, so we are stuck with him.

Coulthirst and Wright werre pretty useless before, so why does Brown want to try again ?

just when you think it can't get worse!
This has to be eyebrows( (i know its not but raised mine).

Fancy he only came back because Ron owed him and they done some sort of dodgy useless deal that suited both the pair of losers!

Ron probably said come back Phil and I’ll pay you what I owe you.

Phil probably thought I’ll get my own back by signing the most useless wasters I can think off. You won’t get one over me - you‘ll be Conference South before you can blink …..

Ron take note, according to goggle eyed Phil , Shaq is pulling up trees, just like Aki did. Red bush anyone
surely in this environment we should be planting new trees I’m surprised there’s any trees left to pull up
Last time I saw Shaq he couldn’t pull up a daisy

Well, I said PB deserves until Christmas before judgment is made but if he continues with this kind of signing ( unknown as Shaq is currently only training with us), then I doubt I will want the gaffer to have that much time. My incredulity is matched only by my embarrassment.

This was one of the rumours earlier in the week.

Comparison to Akinola is that Akinola score more goals last season in a higher division

Totally agree, but also see no comparison. Aki is just far better, Better dribbler and controller of a football, Greater all round perception. Very good in the air, capable of a tackle.. Coulthirst offers none of this

My lasting memory of Josh is his preoccupation with his hair and how he was constantly checking to ensure that it was still in place.
This going back to former players who were unimpressive first time round is so depressing. Is it laziness on Phil 's part or that these unattached players have good agents who know a sucker when they see one?
Surely the awful truth must have dawned on Ron when he has seen the paucity of the acquisition of Atko. Veto please Ron. Put an end to this madness. Can you not hear the gates of Conference South creaking open even now Ron? You cannot have imagined fifth from bottom of Conference this time last year. Where will we be in a year's time?

I swear the Akinola you’ve seen is a totally different player.
Fair enough , thats the great thing about football and our various opinions on her , I appreciate hes not everyones cuppa. I did watch every single game last year and maybe had the optimistic, special pink googles on, god knows why !

My lasting memory of Josh is his preoccupation with his hair and how he was constantly checking to ensure that it was still in place.
This going back to former players who were unimpressive first time round is so depressing. Is it laziness on Phil 's part or that these unattached players have good agents who know a sucker when they see one?
Surely the awful truth must have dawned on Ron when he has seen the paucity of the acquisition of Atko. Veto please Ron. Put an end to this madness. Can you not hear the gates of Conference South creaking open even now Ron? You cannot have imagined fifth from bottom of Conference this time last year. Where will we be in a year's time?

Yes , agreed and only 3 teams, us, Maidenhead and Dover without a win in 5, Solihull will be interesting, imagine losing that, Hello Ron, you still awake?

Fair enough , thats the great thing about football and our various opinions on her , I appreciate hes not everyones cuppa. I did watch every single game last year and maybe had the optimistic, special pink googles on, god knows why !

If you watched them on Ifollow like the rest of us how can you possibly have seen his movement off the ball?.

Even from the clips we could see when Acquah did win headers, he never once started his run before it was flicked and never put a single defender or the keeper under any pressure.

Though to be fair he did get in some decent positions from open play but ANG would never pass as his extra and needless touch would always snuff out the limited attacks we did have last season.

Back