• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your best all time SUFC 11?

I dont know , you youngsters know nothing

Harry Threadgold in goal Sandy Anderson at the back, Roy Hollis, Sammy McCrory, John Mc Guigan and Bobby Kellard ,( all upfront) going for a lie down now

View attachment 17183
Lol.... Nice to be called a youngster at 48!

Great entry and picture... exactly what this should be about, celebrating the forgotten!

My all time favourite 11:

Cawston,
Stead, Prior, Clark, Powell
Tilson, Whelan, Butler, Otto
Collymore, Ansah

My all time best 11:
Southall,
Austin, Prior, Edwards, Edinburgh,
Taylor, Whelan, Marsh, Otto,
Collymore, Eastwood

Scully over Prior?
Hiya DWB, yeah for me, and one of those conversations over a beer in a pub that could go on until the wee hours lol. I wanted to put Sammy on the bench too and even using 7 subs, so many heroes in Blue who played outfield kept cropping up and still didn't get him in.

Couldn't even squeeze Mike Marsh in let alone Dave Martin, Alan Moody, Paul Clark, Kevin Maher, John Burridge (another GK and loanee, I know), Bill Garner, Chris Guthrie Anton Otulakowski, Ron Poutney.....

I am sure my selection, as will everyone's, raise someone's eyebrows on here, but what wouldn't we give to have any of the calibre of team list on the thread running out for the club at this moment in time?

Or a conversation over a beer into the wee hours lol.

Hiya DWB, yeah for me, and one of those conversations over a beer in a pub that could go on until the wee hours lol. I wanted to put Sammy on the bench too and even using 7 subs, so many heroes in Blue who played outfield kept cropping up and still didn't get him in.

Couldn't even squeeze Mike Marsh in let alone Dave Martin, Alan Moody, Paul Clark, Kevin Maher, John Burridge (another GK and loanee, I know), Bill Garner, Chris Guthrie Anton Otulakowski, Ron Poutney.....

I am sure my selection, as will everyone's, raise someone's eyebrows on here, but what wouldn't we give to have any of the calibre of team list on the thread running out for the club at this moment in time?

Anton’s throw in until they banned them ?

I dont know , you youngsters know nothing

Harry Threadgold in goal Sandy Anderson at the back, Roy Hollis, Sammy McCrory, John Mc Guigan and Bobby Kellard ,( all upfront) going for a lie down now

View attachment 17183
LOL, I was wracking my brains making a reason how I could leave McCrory out, who made the 1958 Northern Irish World Cup squad and scored the winning goal against England in their first ever win against us at Wembley, but it was a favourites list and I never saw him play, so I rest easy with my selection Barry lol.

Pa

Paul Clark .... another great name! I remember going to his testimonial.

Sammy
Austin
Clark
Prior
Powell
Ansah
Butler
Marsh
Otto
Collymore
Eastwood (always used to be Angell, but Freddy could create stuff from nothing)

SUBS:
Angell
Benji
Tilly
Whelan
Maher
Barrett
Bentley

For players, I've actually seen play ....

Flahavan

Francis Barratt Clarke Coker

Gower Maher Bailey Stephen McLaughlin

EastwoodGoater

SUBS:

Bentley
Cort
Prior
Gray
Leonard
Corr
Barnard