• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your best all time SUFC 11?

The Southend team was , John Roberts , Ray Tenent , Alex Smith , Dave Elliot , Brian Albeson , Joe Jacques , Terry Johnson , Billy Best , Bill Garner , Gary Moore , Bernie Lewis . Each and everyone proud to wear the shirt .
I loved that team ,Bill Garner upfront , Barry Corr like, strong very good with his head. Billy Best, what can you say, Johnson and Moore tearing sides apart down the flanks. Great defence, walk through brick Walls Joe Jacques, solid as a rock at the back with the rest

If only we had 2 or 3 like that now

I loved that team ,Bill Garner upfront , Barry Corr like, strong very good with his head. Billy Best, what can you say, Johnson and Moore tearing sides apart down the flanks. Great defence, walk through brick Walls Joe Jacques, solid as a rock at the back with the rest

If only we had 2 or 3 like that now
Gary Moore was not a winger he was a number 9

Hiya DWB, yeah for me, and one of those conversations over a beer in a pub that could go on until the wee hours lol. I wanted to put Sammy on the bench too and even using 7 subs, so many heroes in Blue who played outfield kept cropping up and still didn't get him in.

Couldn't even squeeze Mike Marsh in let alone Dave Martin, Alan Moody, Paul Clark, Kevin Maher, John Burridge (another GK and loanee, I know), Bill Garner, Chris Guthrie Anton Otulakowski, Ron Poutney.....

I am sure my selection, as will everyone's, raise someone's eyebrows on here, but what wouldn't we give to have any of the calibre of team list on the thread running out for the club at this moment in time?

Or a conversation over a beer into the wee hours lol.
You are right. We could talk for hours about who we would have in our favourite 11. I could list 3 or 4 full teams of players, but I think for a lot of fans, their first season supporting the Blues tends to throw up the majority of their starting 11. You are braver than my by actually posting a team.
I actually really liked Scully, no nonsense defender and lovely bloke to boot.

You are right. We could talk for hours about who we would have in our favourite 11. I could list 3 or 4 full teams of players, but I think for a lot of fans, their first season supporting the Blues tends to throw up the majority of their starting 11. You are braver than my by actually posting a team.
I actually really liked Scully, no nonsense defender and lovely bloke to boot.

Unless you started supporting in the Rob Newman days ?

An XI I would have loved to have watched

George McKenzie
Jimmy Evans
Sandy Anderson
Charlie Turner
George Molyneux
Len Bolan
Jimmy McAlinden
Alf Smirk
Jimmy Shankley
Billy Hick
Lot Jones