• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

I totally disagree. Anything like this muddies the waters of SUFC, because articles in the press start with "Southend United chairman....", and if he was to put inside are their any contingency plans of operates negotiations in his absense ?
Absolutely right. If he wasn't chair of a football club, his name would hardly merit a mention in the media. As it is, the two are intertwined no matter that this case is apparently nothing to do with the football club. He has run it for years as his own private fiefdom so that Martin/Souhend United are inseparable.

People saying it's putting the club through the mud, it's nothing to do with the club. It's two business men that owned land or property from the past. This has nothing to do with SUFC or will directly effect the club financially.

Why would it? It's funding to the club, not an individual.
Sorry, but this is hopelessly naïve. Of course it's something to do with the club - it's the club owner. Just because it appears to not be directly involving the club, it sullies the club's name even further by association to Ron Martin and Geoffrey King.

A further damaging of Ron Martin's and, by association, the club's reputation and attractiveness to do business with.

Looks to me Ron in lot of trouble! Cases wouldn't go to crown court if it wasn't serious.... hope for Ron sake he got good legal team representing him, as he will need it. if found guilty he could be looking at jail time. God knows what will happen to the club if Ron gets found guilty and sent down. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I totally disagree. Anything like this muddies the waters of SUFC, because articles in the press start with "Southend United chairman....", and if he was to put inside, are their any contingency plans of who operates negotiations in his absense ?

Well I guess that depends on the person reading it. It's nothing to do with the club at all. I don't know the ins and outs but if I were to read the artical (not being a SUFC fan) I wouldn't think about the club, just the person. Maybe that's just me though.

Fraud is alleged. If that proves to be the case the state will want both his *** and his assets.

If he has to pay back the alleged £5.5 million plus costs/interest that will make a dent in his pension pot, although King would be liable for some of it presumably. More bad news for our club, yet again down to the owners actions.

Should he be found guilty will he have to repay the 5 million plus interest? That will affect the club and it moving forward

Well I guess that depends on the person reading it. It's nothing to do with the club at all. I don't know the ins and outs but if I were to read the artical (not being a SUFC fan) I wouldn't think about the club, just the person. Maybe that's just me though.
Must be me then, because I would read it as him being the person who has sole control of our beloved club and the one that is blackmailing us into having a new stadium.

On Ron's first day at prison I think he should go up to the biggest, scariest guy there and ask him "Have you heard of updog?"

Must be me then, because I would read it as him being the person who has sole control of our beloved club and the one that is blackmailing us into having a new stadium.

Thats where we're different then. I try and judge my views on facts and not be influenced by mass love or hate on social media. I don't do any social media apart from this site, yet I seem to be in the minority on many views.

I am amazed that no one is considering how this all might potentially affect Ron's finances especially as it could possibly take three to four years to resolve.

Last edited:
Back